'Indian ships enter Bangladesh waters'

Al-zakir

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
'Indian ships enter Bangladesh waters' :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Fri, Dec 26th, 2008 12:36 am BdST

Dhaka, Dec 25 (bdnews24.com)—Three Indian ships illegally entered Bangladesh territorial waters to carry out mineral exploration activities, officials said on Thursday.

"We have information that Indian ships have entered Bangladesh waters," foreign secretary Md Touheed Hossain confirmed to bdnews24.com.

The Bangladesh Navy frigate 'Khalid bin Walid' was dispatched to the spot on Thursday night and asked the Indian ships to back off, said one maritime official declining to be named.

"Three Indian survey vessels started seismic survey activities some 140 nautical miles southwest off Mongla seaport.

"Right after detection of the Indian ships, frigate Khalid bin Walid went there and asked them to leave Bangladesh territorial waters," said the official.

He added that battleship BNS Meghla was also heading to the place from Chittagong port.

High officials of navy and coastguards have held an urgent meeting, the official added

India is frustrated that it can't attack Pakistan and is trying to attack Bangladesh now... well, peaceful democracy :rolleyes:

'Indian ships enter Bangladesh waters' :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Fri, Dec 26th, 2008 12:36 am BdST

Dhaka, Dec 25 (bdnews24.com)—Three Indian ships illegally entered Bangladesh territorial waters to carry out mineral exploration activities, officials said on Thursday.

"We have information that Indian ships have entered Bangladesh waters," foreign secretary Md Touheed Hossain confirmed to bdnews24.com.

The Bangladesh Navy frigate 'Khalid bin Walid' was dispatched to the spot on Thursday night and asked the Indian ships to back off, said one maritime official declining to be named.

"Three Indian survey vessels started seismic survey activities some 140 nautical miles southwest off Mongla seaport.

"Right after detection of the Indian ships, frigate Khalid bin Walid went there and asked them to leave Bangladesh territorial waters," said the official.

He added that battleship BNS Meghla was also heading to the place from Chittagong port.

High officials of navy and coastguards have held an urgent meeting, the official added

Tough time ahead for BN. Let see how Bangladesh plays with the tougher player...

It would have been interesting if your Frigate could fire some anti-ship missiles on them for testing :coffee:

Bangladesh seriously need to upgrade its Navy... Last seven years were just a waste..

Bangladesh seriously need to upgrade its Navy... Last seven years were just a waste..

Well, here is the price for your liberation in '71. If you had stayed East Pakistan we would have protected it but nw, you are independent and I don't feel sorry for you...

Well, here is the price for your liberation in '71. If you had stayed East Pakistan we would have protected it but nw, you are independent and I don't feel sorry for you...

sorry to say, you ran away in 1965.. so 71 was inevitable.... We had to protect ourselves.. and will now ... No probs... :whistle:

No offense lockeedf16 but this is off the topic response...Refrain from saying something that could derail the thread.MODs will take a notice of that so kindly stop it..thx

It makes me really angry, why always the poor have to suffer and always the muslims? I am sure, though Bangladesh is poor and small, it can defend itself with jazba, we are on ur side, Bengali bros.

Nevertheless I don't think there will be war, the international community and China will condemn indian action and situation will get even worse for India.

It makes me really angry, why always the poor have to suffer and always the muslims? I am sure, though Bangladesh is poor and small, it can defend itself with jazba, we are on ur site, Bengali bros.

Nevertheless I don't think there will be war, the international community and China will condemn indian action and situation will get even worse for India.

Well.. thanks for your insight... India has not attacked yet.. It was their privately owned survey ship. Bangladesh is the one challenging them.. It will not be a war... India got too much stake with Bangladesh... Bangladesh was in the process of opening up a whole lot of new avenue for indians, and India was closely following that.. at least for the run up of this election in Bangladesh...

Yes Interntional community will be with us... thats for sure.. China is not a factor here (in the short run, but for long run yes) but United States will play a major role...

I think the next stop for India will be Sri Lanka, maybe they will sail thorugh the whole world and then will come back and tell their chief that they are too coward to attack any country...

I hope India don't finds OIL there, Otherwise Bengalis are in Really BIG trouble.

Back
Top Bottom