What's new

Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

Two contrasting pieces..If it was AAD test then how can interception take place at 75 KM altitude as said in the first article..bad piece of reporting.

I'm not sure from where angel eyes has posted the news!

According to the Hindu, interception took place at 16 km. I think I can believe that!

Chears to all!
Congrates DRDO.

I proud lots men.

want to hear song on you tube. "The Warrior song".

I m not warrior but this is my song.
my scintist intercept and distroy enemy's bomb.

:devil:Congrats DRDO securing the future of India. We still require more tests to establish the reliability of the terminal interceptors. DRDO should also work on space based detection system to intercept missiles in the boost phase only.

so basically we have tested 2 missiles today:)
1)

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

1)ballistic missile pritvi with a range of?(any one knows)
2)anti ballistic missile..

looking for peaceful ???

Congrats DRDO ,you made country proud once again !!!!!

EVERY BELOVED INDIAN MEMBER DESERVE GHEE KE LADDU
:toast_sign::thinktank::partay:

motichur_ladoo_bg.jpg

Wow! So Tasty! Its having test of 100% pure. means..........................finest.

1)

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

1)ballistic missile pritvi with a range of?(any one knows)
2)anti ballistic missile..

No buddy, only the interceptor. the attacker was naval version of prithvi called Dhanush thats already operational in armed forces.

There are two more discrepancies in Angel eyes report,

The interception was conducted March 6th,2011 at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler island in Orissa with the two-stage Interceptor missile scoring a direct hit on a Dhanush missile at a height of 75 km. The Dhanush, a naval version of the Prithvi Missile already in use by the armed forces, was fired from a ship to a mimic a hostile target.

1. The AAD is not a two stage intercetor missile but a single staged one.

2. This report says that the target missile was a Dhanush missile launched from a ship whereas all other reports (DNA, HT, The Hindu) say that it was a modified Prithvi launched from ITR at Chandipur.

This does not add up.

@ Angel eyes,

Mate, will you please post the source, so that we can verify.

wow! Good news Indeed...! Congrats to those hard working scientists....:cheers:

How does Prithvi or Dhanush replicate the extreme maneuvers that enemy ballistic missiles can undertake?

If not, then such ABM's are of not much use.

I'm not sure from where angel eyes has posted the news!

According to the Hindu, interception took place at 16 km. I think I can believe that!

They might be saying 75000 ft., not 75 km.

75 km is huge distance

DRDO officials said Sunday's test was endo-atmosphere(below 50 km altitude). The DRDO has so far had successfully tested its interceptor missile on July 26, 2010, November 27, 2006, December 6, 2007 and March 6, 2009. The interceptor trial in March 2010 was a failure.

More tests coming...Jingo time
DRDO sources said in the next one week more missiles would be tested off Bay of Bengal. On March 9, the K-15 missile would be testfired from Vizag coast while Dhanush, the naval version of Prithvi would be tested off Puri coast from a ship. On the same day, Prtihvi-2 missile would be testfired from Chandipur coast.:sniper:

Source: Interceptor missile test-fired off Orissa coast

congratulations to india!!!
waiting for that troll to come and ruin the party.....we all know who he is!!!!

Back
Top Bottom