What's new

Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

How does Prithvi or Dhanush replicate the extreme maneuvers that enemy ballistic missiles can undertake?

If not, then such ABM's are of not much use.

I think, ballistic missiles are fire and forget type. Once you fire it, you cant change the trajectory and predictable.

Great job DRDO. Well done India.

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

NDTV reporting: According ITR director SP Das the interceptor missile destroyed the ballistic missile with greater precision.

in-lgflag.gif

Interceptor.jpg

I think, ballistic missiles are fire and forget type. Once you fire it, you cant change the trajectory and predictable.

I dont think thats true.

Many ballistic missiles especially those of China can perform maneuvers during their flight path.

Pointing out that in a missile threat scenario, defensive action has to be super fast, and accordingly, the Interception system is fully automated, requiring no human intervention..

The Indian BMD will respond automatically even while we are sleeping. Cheers!!!

No mate, just discovered the Basis of this confusion!

Angel bhai josh mein report ki poori date dekhna bhool gaye.:lol:

His report is dated 6 March 2009.;)

Here is the link......:: India Strategic ::.. Missiles: Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

No problems, though as both the tests were successful!

I have one question here, Akash have a maximum range of 25 kms, so do we need another missile for missile shield for interception in at least 10-20 k.m altitude..?

I dont think thats true.

Many ballistic missiles especially those of China can perform maneuvers during their flight path.

How is it possible? do they have a data link to the missile after launch or an inbuilt radar with it to 'see' the incoming interceptors and maneuver?

How is it possible? do they have a data link to the missile after launch or an inbuilt radar with it to 'see' the incoming interceptors and maneuver?

I am referring to ballistic missiles with MIRV warheads.

Yes it will liftoff within 120 seconds from Radar Interception

Sir,One question-the missile is a derivative of the Prithvi-2 which is a liquid propelled missile.So,the fueling of the missile itself takes "n" minutes so how can it be launched in 2?????

Dr Saraswat said that the new seeker in the Interceptor enabled the missile to match the maneuvers of a hostile missile – like the zig zag movement of the Russian Topol missile.

As I said this test was difficult one!!! :woot: The target had anti0ABM capability and maneuvers.

According to Dr Saraswat, the Interceptor warhead weiged just 30 kg but generated an impact of a 150 kg omni-directional warhead. The system had been modified and we “provided it with higher energy, an improved guidance and control system and on top of it all, we have integrated a Gimbaled Directional Warhead with it.”

Gimbaled Directional Warhead and HTK both are important as told by Dr. Saraswat.

“Under the present system, the interceptor missiles are on ‘Hot Stand-by mode’ and can take-off within 120 seconds of the detection of the incoming missile by the tracking radars,” he said adding that it automatically keeps track of the target and calculates the best possible point to destroy it.

2 minutes reaction time is excellent. So we can expect the launch of the interceptor with in 2.5 minutes of target launch.

In the overall process of tracking, airborne and ground-based radars would play an important role to update the Interceptor about its target. This data link is vital, and the only one, and nearly impossible to jam. Effective counter-measures against jamming are already incorporated.

Yes, DRDO is developing many new radars and they will be under one dedicated network.

I have one question here, Akash have a maximum range of 25 kms, so do we need another missile for missile shield for interception in at least 10-20 k.m altitude..?

yes!!! mate remember AKASH SAM is controlled by ground radars and no active seekers or homing device unlike AAD OR PDV (both gotta their own homing device and seekers ) also speed of AKASH sam is Mach 2.5 where as AAD speed stated to 4.5 MACH and you need greater speed to intercept incoming high speed ballistic missile ... cheers :yahoo:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom