What's new

Indian scientists discover insulin pills for diabetics

Well done India!!!

God Bless you if you have succeeded to treat the ailment through an easier medication.

It's one of those ideas that sound great on paper but doesn't offer much in practicality. Insulin that is administered by injection is completely absorbed, offers great range in dosage(the only option available in capsules would be to pop another one which would have a preset dose that can't be increased or decreased), controlled effect on the body, and is by far the less riskier option of the two.

My mother is a diabetic for more than twelve years now and I don't think capsules could become a viable substitute for her. But it's always helpful to have options.

@KRAIT
Further FYI
If its new mechanism to by pass "First Pass Effect" then you should rename the thread as "Innovative way to deliver Insulin Orally" rather then "discovery"
Being an Engineer i hope you are familiar with the difference between the 2 terms.
Then take it to the journalist or anyone else. :D

I told you how its different from diabetes tablets and how it works.

God Bless you if you have succeeded to treat the ailment through an easier medication.
I met a kid who has been taking insulin injection since she was 5.

:devil:......Thullastu:cheesy:....
?????

Last edited:
Well done India!!!

It's one of those ideas that sound great on paper but doesn't offer much in practicality. Insulin that is administered by injection is completely absorbed, offers great range in dosage(the only option available in capsules would be to pop another one which would have a preset dose that can't be increased or decreased), controlled effect on the body, and is by far the less riskier option of the two.

My mother is a diabetic for more than twelve years now and I don't think capsules could become a viable substitute for her. But it's always helpful to have options.

Go for Ayurvedic treatment and yoga. She will improve a lot. There is no doubt about it.

Well done India!!!

i wish there is some alternate to insulin injections for the diabetics.

Go for Ayurvedic treatment and yoga. She will improve a lot. There is no doubt about it.

I'm not trying to shamelessly advertise any organization but since she signed up for "The Art Of Living" classes and Ayurveda therapy, the change in her health is almost unbelievable.

Diabetes need not necessarily be a life altering condition. It's more about how you take care of yourself. There are insulin pens and insulin pumps for those who don't want to opt for injections.

Last edited:
this pill has been in the making for some time,the news reported new developement, so i guess trials have not yet started...anyway it is a very big development.......

Madam, yahan Ramayan ka paath ho gaya, aap pooch rahi ho Ram kaun tha.

Ye pill banayi hi isliye gayi hai ki Injection naa lagana pade. uska alternative hai.

Madam, yahan Ramayan ka paath ho gaya, aap pooch rahi ho Ram kaun tha.

Ye pill banayi hi isliye gayi hai ki Injection naa lagana pade. uska alternative hai.

wo kia ha k kuch log doubt main hain na ka bani bhee ha k nahi.

agar bani ha to khush raho ap log for this service

I recently met a 65yr old man who does a few light exercises every day and eats sweets on daily basis.He WAS having diabetes since he was 40.But now he has reduced his dosage too.So from him I've learnt that a healthy lifestyle is all that it takes to beat Diabetes.

Need more details on the invention.....Insulin pills have existed since 1950s!

Diabetes is two types
Type 1: No insulin is produced. More prevalent among young people.
Type 2: Not enough insulin is produced or insulin is there but not working properly. More prevalent among old people.

Pills work for Type 2.

People who are having Type 1 have no option but to inject insulin directly into blood stream. Here no pills work.

This is god send gift for all those who are suffering from Type 1.

I recently met a 65yr old man who does a few light exercises every day and eats sweets on daily basis.He WAS having diabetes since he was 40.But now he has reduced his dosage too.So from him I've learnt that a healthy lifestyle is all that it takes to beat Diabetes.
lifestyle modification n exercise alone r enough for a lot of DM 2 patients,but not DM 1

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom