What's new

Indian Rafale talks hit offset snag

Bloody frustrating!!

We need to stop this charade! We're making a fool of ourselves.

Russia is doing some very heavy lifting both in terms of technology and price
and they will definitely charge us less than France

France has secured a couple of orders ; they are NOT desperate now
so they will not reduce their price

Mig 29 are not the option at all.

Hi
The decision to go for 2 Quick squadrons of Rafale was purely based upon the fact that we need new aircrafts. An it should be capable.

And as Mr. Parikkar said replacing Mig 21s with Rafale 1 to 1would be am overkill. So the Mod Decided.
1. Go for small number of Rafales initially.
2. Go for Tejas mk1.
3. Speed up mk2.

Now that the 1st option might not work, we should keep our options open.

Why I suggest Mig 29.

1. It is CHEAP and Quick to procure.
This is the most important thing which IAF needs.

2. I have no problem with flankers but they will cost big and will not come quick.

3. European options will take another decade.

4. Mig 29 B for sure is history. But a Mig 29 SMT surely isn't. It is a very capable aircraft for its amount .

Cheers
Thanks

If you see what their government chap said, they are going to induct 12 fighters by 2020 due to budgetary constraints. Production capacity is 60 fighters. This is from confirmed Russian sources.

The Russians will be more than happy to maintain original production plan, if they can divert fighters to the IAF. Their plant produces at top capacity and they hit the French where it hurts. We should cap the Rafale at 36, that is if we proceed with it.
why India want to buy just 36 rafales, and their maintenance cost is too high seems to be equal to the maintenance of 200 su-30..

it make no sense to buy just 36 rafale..

why India want to buy just 36 rafales, and their maintaince cost is too high seems to be equal to the maintenance of 200 su-30..

Hi
1. The Rafale is more maintainace friendly than any Russian counter part.And its not more costly than maintaining Flankers.
2. 36 Is the interim numbers. The actual numbers will vary from 72-144. .
3.Please don't belive anything other than the official stance of Dassault, French Government and Indian Government. As many other foreign companies are using media in a wrong way.

Cheers
Thanks

Hi
1. The Rafale is more maintainace friendly than any Russian counter part.And its not more costly than maintaining Flankers.
2. 36 Is the interim numbers. The actual numbers will vary from 72-144. .
3.Please don't belive anything other than the official stance of Dassault, French Government and Indian Government. As many other foreign companies are using media in a wrong way.

Cheers
Thanks
what is the need of rafale when Su-30 are going to be increased in numbers and upgraded to super su-30(mini-AWACS), work on advanced LCA is going and mig-29, M2K are upgraded with extend of life atleast 2 decade and FGFA is going to be in production in next 4 years.. work on AMCA is going

why India want to buy just 36 rafales, and their maintenance cost is too high seems to be equal to the maintenance of 200 su-30..

I would prefer scrapping the entire deal. If there are no offsets and ToT, makes more sense to devote money and effort to the PakFa ---> FGFA and LCA ---> LCA MkII --->AMCA.

The only interesting thing would be what Spectra does and how long it would take to make a suite similar to that. The PakFa/AMCA with Spectra would be awesome.

View attachment 232714
in movie Alien lost because they dont have Super DSI in their ship.........

They lost because they did not have Ancient Indian technology...

All Indian members booted me out of the Rafale threads for saying that India is never going to induct this Aircraft...

Now what I said 2 years back looks like reality....Feel so sad to see all efforts have gone to drain... Narindar Modi is not living to the expectations of the Indian's.

I would prefer scrapping the entire deal. If there are no offsets and ToT, makes more sense to devote money and effort to the PakFa ---> FGFA and LCA ---> LCA MkII --->AMCA.

The only interesting thing would be what Spectra does and how long it would take to make a suite similar to that. The PakFa/AMCA with Spectra would be awesome.
do you think that spectra will come without rafale?

do you think that spectra will come without rafale?

Thats why my baniya brain said buy 36 :D. Then hand it over to the Indian Navy.
Mig29K + Rafale + NLCA is a lethal combination.

Else the GoI should simply scrap this deal.

@Taygibay
put some light here..

Thats why my baniya brain said buy 36 :D. Then hand it over to the Indian Navy.
Mig29K + Rafale + NLCA is a lethal combination.

Else the GoI should simply scrap this deal.
IF rafale goes to IN then what about the rumors of F-35 for IN??

This is turning out to be a major embarrassment for India. From 126 Rafale jets to only 36 and now even that looks impossible.

The deal started out at 6 billion dollars, peaked at ~ 10 billion dollars and is not back again at 6 billion dollars minus 90 aircraft. What a waste!!
The mother of all deals fu.......ed up in the end.

@Taygibay
put some light here..

IF rafale goes to IN then what about the rumors of F-35 for IN??
Bro. if India wanted to have Rafale for Navy then the MMRCA which was conducted by IAF would have been done by Indian NAVY.

Here is a fruit for thought...
IN operates Mig-29's and they are conducting tests on LCA / Tejas for testing its capabilities on use of Aircraft carriers. If and when F-35 are going to be inducted is not known and then the delivery time has also to be taken in consideration.

Rafale in the numbers of 36 are required to fire the Nuclear Missiles which are not available on the M2K even after the latest modifications and upgrades.

In reality if Today India does not buy the Rafales it has the Nuclear strike option available on SU-30 MKI's.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom