What's new

Indian private army chief shot dead

T
True, to an extent. Are you unaware of the centuries of brutality inflicted on Dalits by Brahmin, Bhumihar, Rajput, Yadav, Kurmi - everybody and his aunt, in fact? Wasn't it late in the day to complain of Maoist attacks after all that they had done earlier, and continued to do thereafter, even to date?

So target the present generation for the supposed ills committed by their ancestors..what type of logic is this?

I myself belong to Forward Caste and my family owns some ancestral land. As far as I know me, my father or my grandfather never did any atrocity to anyone. So if one fine day if some Maoists come to me and say that bcs my great great ancestors committed so and so crimes a long time ago should I hand over the land to them and run away from the village or stay and fight them.

True..but for that we should have a strong non-political police force who don't take any cr*p from anyone..sadly this is not the case in may parts of the country, forcing people to take arms to defend themselves.

AFAIK, not ONE state has yet implemented the recommendations of the Dharma Vira Commission, formally the National Police Commission. This is the 1977 Commission, not the 1860 Commission, not the 1902-1903 Commission.

Too late. Naxals are active in Hazaribagh, in Giridih, in Dumka and points south of these. Many parts of Bihar, many districts have a Naxal presence. It is not a question of their stepping in to fill a power vacuum. They are stepping in to relieve some of the pressure on the less privileged sections.

Thats the job of the Govt, not naxals.

@abuzulfiqar
no mate you cant generalize the attitude of indians towards dalits.india is too vast to make any such generalizations.as u can see in my above post south is lot better(including maharashtra goa).this type of stone age beliefs still exist largely in backward hindi belt.

Sad day for Bhumihar community.

But there are thousands like Brahmeshwar ji. Jab tak Bihar main Bhumihar jinda hai MCC or naxalites ke gaand me baans hota rahe ga.

Humara jameen aake koi aise nahi hathiya sakta.

i dont know what senari massacre is.is it some untouchables killing upper caste ppl?or naxals killing landlords?why are there naxals only in those states where dalits are persecuted?first be a human mate and then u can be whatever u want.you place yourself in those ppls shoes whose villages have been burnt just bcoz they were dalits and supporting naxals who stood for their rights.in entire quran the one sentence i like most is 'persecution is worse than slaughter.' these ppl have a right to live.

we in south india are much better in treating dalits.i am not saying we inter marry but we certainly dont practice untouchability anymore.we even make friends with them and give a well educated dalit more respect than a non educated of our same caste.caste system is slowly dying down in south

In my considered opinion (three generations of my family have lived in south India), the situation is far worse in the South than in the North. There are fewer killings, but that is due to other factors and reasons, not due to a less severe climate of oppression.

So target the present generation for the supposed ills committed by their ancestors..what type of logic is this?

I myself belong to Forward Caste and my family owns some ancestral land. As far as I know me, my father or my grandfather never did any atrocity to anyone. So if one fine day if some Maoists come to me and say that bcs my great great ancestors committed so and so crimes a long time ago should I hand over the land to them and run away from the village or stay and fight them.

If you want to say that oppression of the Dalit stopped magically, due to the spontaneous decision of the upper castes, that is contrary to all the evidence.

Why don't you keep your brain farts to yourself?

What did he say wrong?

If you want to say that oppression of the Dalit stopped magically, due to the spontaneous decision of the upper castes, that is contrary to all the evidence.

What upper caste? In Bihar upper caste in not oppressing Dalits. SC and OBC is the culprit. Dushad, Chamar, Koiri, Kurmi, Yadav are killing each other.

Sad day for Bhumihar community.

But there are thousands like Brahmeshwar ji. Jab tak Bihar main Bhumihar jinda hai MCC or naxalites ke gaand me baans hota rahe ga.

Humara jameen aake koi aise nahi hathiya sakta.

Vo sab toh thik ha bhai..... some bhumihar call themselves brahmins while some call themselves thakur.... are they brahmin or thakur????

harpoon macha
if the govt is perfect wht would be the need for the rise of naxals?in our telangana area there was a large presence of naxals in 80s and 90s in the villages and these naxals had a huge support there.naxals used to be called annalu(elder brothers) but now as AP has progressed and the zamindars were kicked out of their lands there is not an iota of presence in the entire AP.why? circumstances and situations force ppl to seek the shelter of naxals.

i'd hate to be a low caste person in that country.....it must be demoralizing if for example your wife (out of courtesy) cooks a meal and offers drink to the neighbour -- and neighbour rejects this meal and kind gesture b/c of something so stupid like ''caste''

you bhartis are best served by abandoning this backwards, medieval mentality

Just between you and me, I don't think you were holding your breath waiting for this news to emerge to decide that you would hate to be a low-caste person in this country. And I am sure some Hindutva jingo is looking for his missing missiles; they usually use backward, mediaeval mentality about a particular nationality.

harpoon macha
if the govt is perfect wht would be the need for the rise of naxals?in our telangana area there was a large presence of naxals in 80s and 90s in the villages and these naxals had a huge support there.naxals used to be called annalu(elder brothers) but now as AP has progressed and the zamindars were kicked out of their lands there is not an iota of presence in the entire AP.why? circumstances and situations force ppl to seek the shelter of naxals.

So why kill the naxals..they should be encouraged and India should become People's republic, but before that pls grant Kerala our freedom.

?

Education +Land reform Act stopped it in Kerala without any violence..may be others should try it too.

Anyways last I heard uppercastes form only 20% of Bihar's population.

@joeshearer
ur logic is flawed.if there is more oppression in south india there should be more violence.why would dalits who are more educated than north keep their mouths shut if they are being oppressed?we are not living in some medieval period.no group however backward it might be is ready to take anything lying now a days.they would definitely retaliate.i think u might be some 50 yr old guy who might have observed such scenario when u were a kid but now the situation is a lot different

It is difficult to believe that you have never come across upper caste oppression of the Dalit.

I hope you will never come across it. I hope you continue to lead your sheltered life.

Thats the job of the Govt, not naxals.

Once people are politically activated, they do not wait any longer for a caste-dominated government to do everything.

It is difficult to believe that you have never come across upper caste oppression of the Dalit.

I hope you will never come across it. I hope you continue to lead your sheltered life.

No..I haven't and I was saying in the context of Kerala.

Back
Top Bottom