What's new

Indian private army chief shot dead

Treat people as you would expect to be treated.

Oh no, dont you dare tell that to my nationalist lot. A lot who believe our growth should be measured by the nuclear reactors we plan to build, or the swanky new airports we have provided to our rich.

No sir, we really are shining. Ask our rich.

there are some who remember that coalition politics then demanded the inclusion of Muslims to balance other large factions. They were a factor in the political equation along with the others. Perhaps you want us to say that the Muslim leaders had to demonstrate their ability to deliver votes, to milk the opportunities and to hold others at bay. The Naxals could not be allowed to run unchecked, so in several districts there were particularly bitter clashes.

No, I dont want You to say anything.

Calling Muslim-Naxal struggle just a vote bank politics would be a gross misrepresentation of fact.
Sunlight Sena was formed by Muslim Land owners just to save themselves from getting slaughtered.Later Rajputs also joined them. Politics was not at all involved. And as You must be knowing that Coalition Dharma was never an issue in Bihar as After Congress left the power it was all Lalu.

It is probable that the group, or groups, you mention belonged to the MCC. But there were factions even among them.

No, the groups were more ideologically closer to PWG. And everybody knows that the biggest enemy of MCC those days was People's war group .

Calling Muslim-Naxal struggle just a vote bank politics would be a gross misrepresentation of fact.
Sunlight Sena was formed by Muslim Land owners just to save themselves from getting slaughtered.Later Rajputs also joined them. Politics was not at all involved. And as You must be knowing that Coalition Dharma was never an issue in Bihar as After Congress left the power it was all Lalu.

No, the groups were more ideologically closer to PWG. And everybody knows that the biggest enemy of MCC those days was People's war group .

Well, you are the local expert, and I will defer to your knowledge of local conditions.

Was the Muslim participation purely survival tactics? Could you write some more about that aspect? Also, I was quite taken aback to hear from you that it was the PWG so far north. My impression, which you have corrected, was that it was mainly MCC in this belt. Must go back to my books and papers. Please also could you explain the distribution of territory between MCC and PWG?

I found your post very informative, though more than a little unsettling. Please continue. Please be aware however that my views on the root causes of the turbulence are in all probability at variance with yours. It is easy to say that the Naxals were violent terrorists, because they were. It is less easy to examine the reasons why they turned violent.

I am completely flummoxed by your statement, but think that there is a possible explanation.

Which years are you referring to?

Back
Top Bottom