What's new

Indian private army chief shot dead

1. First of all pakistan have dozens of private armies so give me a break.

2. Its not related to govt. at all its just a gang of some people against Maoists.

3. All his life he was fighting against Communist Maoist.

fighting against communists wasn't the only thing he was doing as per my knowledge of course...you can prove otherwise..

You obviously have not talked to many mainlanders then. They are not shy about expressing their opinions. :lol:

Your "Maoists" don't know anything about ideology, and they have no idea about Chinese ideology either. They are just a band of typical losers.

I have remarked on your lack of knowledge of Indian issues before, and this is yet another example. If you are not aware of the ideological positions of the CPI, the CPM and Maoists, please do not make simplistic assumptions, and please do not make tendentious comments. You are welcome to comment if you take the trouble, even a little trouble, to learn the background to these organisations and and their affiliations. When in doubt a simple question will get you many answers.

Without that essential information and knowledge, making remarks of the kind above only display an ideological vacuum and enormous lack of maturity.

why is BBC using "private army". wouldn't mercenaries better suit the bill..
I guess BBC too likes things sensational when news is about S. Asia :D

Yes.. That was a pretty messed up decade..Those naxal b@$t@rds and these private Senas screwed up the peace of Bihar..
I myself had to keep Arms ready if there was a naxal attack..
But that served at least one purpose- learned to handle many kind of Arms...Desi Katta to Carbines.. :lol:

From the comments I read in TOI, most condemn the man, but not the reasons who forced him to take up arms. The state police failed miserably in the 90s to keep peace in Bihari countryside and as a result farmers & landowners who were under the constant threat of Maoists took up arms and formed private armies like Ranveer Sena.

Call it private army, terrorist organisation, militant, goons, thugs, anti naxal lashkar... does not matter. What matters is that people taking law into their hands is NOT in India's interest, these people are banned and hence its not a problem if he died the way he lived.

Only concern is this should not mean an opportunity for naxals to make a comeback, the vaccuum must be filled by the government.

Even I was surprised with the word ''private army'', unusual choice of words, wonder whats the rationale. But not important.

Call it private army, terrorist organisation, militant, goons, thugs, anti naxal lashkar... does not matter. What matters is that people taking law into their hands is NOT in India's interest, these people are banned and hence its not a problem if he died the way he lived.

Only concern is this should not mean an opportunity for naxals to make a comeback, the vaccuum must be filled by the government.

Even I was surprised with the word ''private army'', unusual choice of words, wonder whats the rationale. But not important.

True..but for that we should have a strong non-political police force who don't take any cr*p from anyone..sadly this is not the case in may parts of the country, forcing people to take arms to defend themselves.

no wonder millions of dalits converted to islam in the past and to christianity recently.i am amazed and astounded today to come to know how these senas(yes there were various senas in bihar) persecuted and murdered dalits in bihar.eventhough i dont like islam i feel happy for those dalits who have escaped from such persecutions by moving to the fold of islam.christianity has failed in getting rid of caste of the converts.moreover once converted a dalit would have a strong backing if anyone touches him.

if bihar,madhya pradesh and uttar pradesh continue with such middle aged ideologies india should leave out these three states along with north east from its map or else south india along with maharashtra and goa should form a separate country.

Its good he died.............. but it is surely a politically motivated move considering nitish kumar was performing so well..... and no doubt laalu prasaad was quick to jump the gun and shout blah blah blah......

i am not saying that all dalits should convert to islam or any other religion but those dalits in those 3 states should definitely contemplate on such thing.after 100 years as most of this world(including muslims) will become atheists there wont be any threat of islamic violence too.conversion to islam only can get rid of the untouchable tag otherwise even after entire world becoming atheists these poor dalits may still face some discrimination in parts of bihar mp and up

no wonder millions of dalits converted to islam in the past and to christianity recently.i am amazed and astounded today to come to know how these senas(yes there were various senas in bihar) persecuted and murdered dalits in bihar.eventhough i dont like islam i feel happy for those dalits who have escaped from such persecutions by moving to the fold of islam.christianity has failed in getting rid of caste of the converts.moreover once converted a dalit would have a strong backing if anyone touches him.

if bihar,madhya pradesh and uttar pradesh continue with such middle aged ideologies india should leave out these three states along with north east from its map or else south india along with maharashtra and goa should form a separate country.

Why don't you keep your brain farts to yourself?

i am not saying that all dalits should convert to islam or any other religion but those dalits in those 3 states should definitely contemplate on such thing.after 100 years as most of this world(including muslims) will become atheists there wont be any threat of islamic violence too.conversion to islam only can get rid of the untouchable tag otherwise even after entire world becoming atheists these poor dalits may still face some discrimination in parts of bihar mp and up
Mate first of all i dont think you have any knowledge on this issue. Googling senari
massacre may help you a little.

i dont know what senari massacre is.is it some untouchables killing upper caste ppl?or naxals killing landlords?why are there naxals only in those states where dalits are persecuted?first be a human mate and then u can be whatever u want.you place yourself in those ppls shoes whose villages have been burnt just bcoz they were dalits and supporting naxals who stood for their rights.in entire quran the one sentence i like most is 'persecution is worse than slaughter.' these ppl have a right to live.

we in south india are much better in treating dalits.i am not saying we inter marry but we certainly dont practice untouchability anymore.we even make friends with them and give a well educated dalit more respect than a non educated of our same caste.caste system is slowly dying down in south

why is BBC using "private army". wouldn't mercenaries better suit the bill..
I guess BBC too likes things sensational when news is about S. Asia :D

The armed men were not men at large, but men from the same caste group. That took away the character of mercenaries at large from this group, and gave them more of a sectarian character. That might explain the nomenclature. It is more accurate than mercenary.

From the comments I read in TOI, most condemn the man, but not the reasons who forced him to take up arms. The state police failed miserably in the 90s to keep peace in Bihari countryside and as a result farmers & landowners who were under the constant threat of Maoists took up arms and formed private armies like Ranveer Sena.

True, to an extent. Are you unaware of the centuries of brutality inflicted on Dalits by Brahmin, Bhumihar, Rajput, Yadav, Kurmi - everybody and his aunt, in fact? Wasn't it late in the day to complain of Maoist attacks after all that they had done earlier, and continued to do thereafter, even to date?

Too late. Naxals are active in Hazaribagh, in Giridih, in Dumka and points south of these. Many parts of Bihar, many districts have a Naxal presence. It is not a question of their stepping in to fill a power vacuum. They are stepping in to relieve some of the pressure on the less privileged sections.

i'd hate to be a low caste person in that country.....it must be demoralizing if for example your wife (out of courtesy) cooks a meal and offers drink to the neighbour -- and neighbour rejects this meal and kind gesture b/c of something so stupid like ''caste''

you bhartis are best served by abandoning this backwards, medieval mentality

Back
Top Bottom