What's new

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if India is poorer or richer than Pakistan but surely like it is known to the civilized world that it is far better place to be in than Pakistan ..also our HDI is higher.

The problem is Pakistan doesn't have quantifiable data to assess their poor, apart from Sindh and Punjab most of their areas(if I am right) are not accessible to conduct a proper survey or census. A country reeling under high inflation, gross mismanagement of funds, low tax collections, nearly nil FDI's, Industry strained under acute shortage of power, gas, terrorism, bad Governance, high levels of illiteracy cannot expect to be any better than any country in the world.

India has severe infrastructure problems, corruption, insurgency in number of places, bad governance, shortage of power, Female infanticide, illiteracy is still a problem, caste and class differentiation, huge population growing at high rate, huge young population who need jobs, red tape, bureaucracy, a couple of deadly enemies, stuck up in a bad neighborhood, heavy dependancy on oil resources, a fractured center with corrupt politicians and regional parties creating havoc, thousands of castes, creeds, religions, ethnicities, languages, cultures, nobody knows how on earth India keeps going.

Ḥashshāshīn;2948268 said:
Yes we shouldn't be happy that other countries are poor, we should stop this tensions between us and stop spending so much on military and feed people.

Well said comrade.
THe OP Beijingwalker should stfu about poverty. Its a blight on humanity as a whole and the sight of any desperately hungry people regardless of race is difficult and painful to behold. Civilised people do not make a mockery of hunger.

lol for Indians now PAKISTANI NEWS PAPER sources is more credible thn UN hahhahah how funny Indians as usual!

lol for Indians now PAKISTANI NEWS PAPER sources is more credible thn UN hahhahah how funny Indians as usual!

You are a senior member, be a bit more comprehensible, what are you trying to say?

One must not forget....may be poverty in India is high but India has advantage of strong economy....and India poverty condition is improving every year...other hand Pakistan is having poor economy and its poverty has worsen year by year.....So lets worry about our own poverty ..rather than others poverty.....

Come back to me when literacy rate is higher than India's. When the GDP per capita is higher than India's. When the HDI is higher than India's. When the currency value is higher than India's. When the GDP growth is higher than India's.

To be honest I was very surprised to hear this because we are all always being told that India is this and that and doing and superpower mumbo jumbo to be. And yet they have greater poverty in Indian than Pakistan. What a surprise. Must be gut and soul destroying for those Indians that knock Pakistan on here all the time

To be honest I was very surprised to hear this because we are all always being told that India is this and that and doing and superpower mumbo jumbo to be. And yet they have greater poverty in Indian than Pakistan. What a surprise. Must be gut and soul destroying for those Indians that knock Pakistan on here all the time

No its not, an average Pakistani is no way better than an Indian, infact worse off because of the baggage of terrorism they carry in the international circles, domestically I cannot figure out any indicators how a Pakistani is better than an Indian, Pakistani's are not more educated, not more enterprising, not more hardworking than an average Indian, Come up with a real genuine survey of your poverty and then discuss. Every negative parameter in Pakistan is more than India may it be social, economical or physical indices, Your Government is hiding the real facts from the world that's about it.

Pakistanis ask the same question some 24 times a day about their own country.

The fact is we know all the answers and the solutions but are unable to do much about it.

There are 2 India.

1 which is vibrant, alive and kicking with the latest and living a decent energetic life.
And the other struggling to meet end , at mercy of govt policies, nature kind.

Fortunately the second category which is of majority now is fast replaced by the first kind.

India has a food surplus and there is no space to store grains in FCI (Food corporation godowns) while a major portion of its population is starving while grains get rotten inside.**

But good news is that an able establishment or a change in establishment can effectively change this over bye maintaining great logistics and implementing the scehems better.

But bad news is that Pakistan neither have food surplus, not have govt schemes like food for job, mid day meals @ schools, free schooling for poor kids, rationing of food and fuel ( kerosene) or any "schemes' like we do.

So I should say its Pakistan who needs to worry.

references

India eyes government deals to shift wheat surplus | DAWN.COM

Worms feast on foodgrain, while warehouses store liquor | Firstpost

In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food

Its so funny when Indians and Pakistan fight on who's more poor.. Reminds me of a dialog from the movie "Ishqueya" which goes..

"Sheikh.. Apni Apni Dekh"

:D

Come back to me when literacy rate is higher than India's. When the GDP per capita is higher than India's. When the HDI is higher than India's. When the currency value is higher than India's. When the GDP growth is higher than India's.

There are many many more things Pakistan is better than India in (just look at most of the socioeconomic indicators of both countries), although there is huge room for improvement.

GDP growth rates in many African countries are higher than India's, even when they do not fare well overall. Pakistan's literacy rates, & GDP per capita are not too different from India. Pakistan fares better than India in most sub-categories of the HDI, but due to the weight given to certain indicators, India has a slightly higher HDI. India's currency was the most unstable one in Asia last year, and the trend is continuing.

Yes it's that benazir welfare system which has decreased poverty in pakistan. So zardari did atleast one good thing then.

India 's strength and weakness is its population....Big population makes it place in top 10 economy and same population makes it dificulty to fight poverty......but if you see GDP per capita..it is 1500 where as Pakistan is at 1100....

India was growing at rate of 8-9 percent ..and that helped to reduce its poverty though the current situation is still bad
Pakistan grew 2-4 percent and its poverty situation has become even more worse....but for Pakistan it will be easy to fight back the poverty since it has smaller population...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom