What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Yes I would trust a constitutional expert only if he had been INDEPENDENT which is not the case. The reason being that he is a representative lawyer for Central government. And moreover the previous SG had to resign because there were differences with law minister over various things. The following excerpt proves my point.

Nariman had resigned from the office on Monday allegedly over difference of opinion with the law minister Ashwini Kumar. Legally India Supreme Court postcard writer Court witness tweeted: “[Rohinton F Nariman], from what I gather, did not like being ordered around by someone whom he does not think is as good a lawyer as him.”

Source: ASG Parasaran to replace Rohinton Nariman as Solicitor General | Bar, Bench & Litigation | News | Editorial | Legally India

So the source does show that the SG is expected to tow the line with centre (at least for now).

Apart from that other sources such as former chief justice of Punjab and Haryana high court, Mukul Mudgal, and lawyers PV Kapur, KN Bhatt and Pinaki Misra claim that there isn't any need for this bill to be shown to the central government. And moreover Former Congress government have passed 13 similar kind of bills with out the Central government's nod.

Source: “Sheila govt passed 13 Bills without Centre’s nod” - The Hindu

fair enough mate, you have made a good argument.

but sorry i can't trust your source for Sheila govt. passing those bills as it just says what AAP has said...............

Will appreciate if you can bring a neutral source.

होली नज़दीक आते ही ये तय करना मुश्किल हो गया है कि सड़क पर हंगामा मचाने वाले, हुलियारों की टोली है या फिर आम आदमी पार्टी के कार्यकर्ता। :D

Namo PR videos ?

I found it on Youtube, don't know if its PR video or not.:)

@arp2041 check your gtalk. :drag:

Dekh be oye, I am not calling you names so better watch your mouth. I have tons of stuff I can refer you with.

When did I call you names? I was referring that to the person who has made this pic of Kiran Bedi where it shows that she has arrested Indira Gandhi which is why I pointed out. Be assured mate that I have enough words to defend myself and offend people though I wouldn't prefer using them.:coffee:

When did I call you names? I was referring that to the person who has made this pic of Kiran Bedi where it shows that she has arrested Indira Gandhi which is why I pointed out. Be assured mate that I have enough words to defend myself and offend people though I wouldn't prefer using them.:coffee:

So for you if someone supports BJP is a "SANGHI TROLL" than can i call you a "JIHADI AT WORK"????

Better to avoid these cheap words against your own countrymen just b'coz his affiliations are different than yours.

BTW, this is Democracy anyone can support any party.

Better come out with reasonable debates than name calling.............

You have seen that i was all game when you were coming with some reasonable arguments, pls keep it at that.

Thanks.

fair enough mate, you have made a good argument.

but sorry i can't trust your source for Sheila govt. passing those bills as it just says what AAP has said...............

Will appreciate if you can bring a neutral source.

I was unable to find a neutral source at least for now but surely would let you know if I find one as I have something else to work on right now.:)

@chak de INDIA @JanjaWeed @Parul @jha @Dem!god @Indischer

Just saw the news, Kejriwal isn't saying that i am fighting from Varanasi rather he is saying that he will ask the people of Varanasi on 23rd march, if they say yes.................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder how can anyone know what people want except in polls..? Seems like a plot to keep Cameras following him...

BTW here is new slogan coined by Team Kejri : " Har Har Mahadev.. Ghar Ghar Kejriwal"...

Just talked to some of my friends from Kashi area.. Couple of points worth mentioning :

1. BJP is yet to seriously approach Brahmins. Considering the sheer number Brahmins have, a delay in doing this is totally avoidable . BTW Congress is most probably fielding a Brahmin candidate.

2. Mukhtar Ansari must stand from here. He has proved to be a great " vote katwa " and will be an asset this time also.

3. SP is yet to find a credible and fully willing face as some of their members have developed "mousami bimari" ala Manish Tewari.

4. BSP will field a good candidate and that person will be the one to beat.

5. Kejriwal as of now is nowhere but if he fights, will eat into Congress votes.

Last edited:
So for you if someone supports BJP is a "SANGHI TROLL" than can i call you a "JIHADI AT WORK"????

Better to avoid these cheap words against your own countrymen just b'coz his affiliations are different than yours.

BTW, this is Democracy anyone can support any party.

Better come out with reasonable debates than name calling.............

You have seen that i was all game when you were coming with some reasonable arguments, pls keep it at that.

Thanks.

My intention is/was always to hold rational debates but one can't ensure that if there are people on the other side who don't respect that. And if you look at some of the posts on PDF, you will find many supporters Sangh parivar family abusing me or anyone who oppose their ideas (Of course there are trolls on the other side as well). And that is the reason I had to reply them in kind. But it is not what I would want to do. If you have noticed, it wasn't me who started abusing or indulging in name calling.

The only thing I can say right now is that I wouldn't involve myself in name calling and abusing unless I am forced to reciprocate and I must thank you for respecting my opinion in your earlier posts...

Last edited:
Opposition to Modi in Varanasi symbolic

The BJP’s decision to field it prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from Varanasi has completely changed the politics of the temple town. Now, any opposition to Modi — both from within his own party and rivals — will at the best be symbolic.

“Those who contest against Modi will get the status of martyr,” said a Congress leader.

Even the infighting between two Congress factions, led by former MP Rajesh Mishra and Rajeshpati Tripathi who is supporting party candidate Ajay Rai, has also stopped after Modi’s name was formally announced.

“No one wants to commit political suicide. Now, both the factions are reluctant to contest. Local leaders like Rajesh Mishra and Ajay Rai will agree to fight against Modi only if pushed by the Congress high command,” said a senior party leader. Although the Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party candidates are not in a position to offer even symbolic opposition to Modi, the Varanasi battle can still have some interest left with Aam Admi Party leader Kejriwal joining the fray.

Also, polarisation on religious lines is a possibility with Quami Ekta Dal leader Mukhtar Ansari — who has a long and colourful history of violence and criminal activities — deciding to contest from Varanasi.

Afzal Ansari, president of the Quami Ekta Dal, announced Mukhtar’s name in case Modi contests from this parliamentary seat. Mukhtar had lost to the BJP’s Murli Manohar Joshi by 17,000 votes in the 2009 generalelections in Varanasi. According to political observers, if Mukhtar manages to polarise Muslims in his favour, it may become an all-Hindu-votes-for-Modi situation. “This will add to Modi’s margin,” said Kaushal Kishore Mishra, head of the political science department, BHU.

He said since Modi’s victory is a foregone conclusion, all eyes would be on the margin. “Modi’s candidature from Varanasi is also likely to influence voters in eastern UP, parts of Bihar and Jharkhand.”

Opposition to Modi in Varanasi symbolic - Hindustan Times

Holi Hai. Happy Holi.:rofl:

1912279_782233751804544_508411479_n.jpg

Sigh a Megha Bahree article on Forbes about Gujarat.

There's something inherently annoying about these articles. The same was said about China that is being said about Gujarat by these morons.

Sigh a Megha Bahree article on Forbes about Gujarat.

There's something inherently annoying about these articles. The same was said about China that is being said about Gujarat by these morons.

pls provide link

Breaking news... Kujliwal to contest against Modi from Varanasi. @arp2041 @Parul @chak de INDIA @Nair saab @jbond197 @CorporateAffairs @jha what say?

I was expecting this but this was something AAP was not expecting. They saw BJP's in-fight over Varanasi and thought Murli Manohar Joshi (being senior and from opposite camp) will never vacate the seat even for Modi. The AAP strategy evolved then to take advantage of this and they named Kejru to fight from Varanasi against Modi. Now if M.M Joshi don't vacate the seat then they can claim a victory of sort and say Modi got scared, without even fighting from Varanasi. But that did not happened and now the mouse got entrapped. I am just waiting to see his margin of defeat. I am sure he will score last among all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom