What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Rahul-RSS row ‘outside’ Election Commission purview

NEW DELHI: Even as the BJP cries hoarse and indulges in a political slugfest over Congress vice-president Rahul's Gandhi's recent remarks linking RSS to Mahatma's Gandhi's assassination, there may be little that the Election Commission can do in the matter. For, the Sangh, being a non-political outfit not directly involved with electioneering, may not qualify for immunity from such criticism under the model code of conduct.

According to the model code of conduct, "Criticism of other political parties, when made, shall be confined to their policies and programme, past record and work. Parties and candidates shall refrain from criticism of all aspects of private life, not connected with the public activities of the leaders or workers of other parties. Criticism of other parties or their workers based on unverified allegations or distortion shall be avoided".

However, as the EC looks at the model code of conduct, some of its officials feel there is nothing in the model code to restrain a political party, leader or worker from criticizing a non-political entity not involved in the electoral campaign. "People are free to make observations against any individual or entity. The Commission comes into the picture only where a political party, candidate or party worker attacks a rival party, candidate or party worker based on unsubstantiated allegations," said a senior EC official.

Former CEC N Gopalaswami endorsed this view, saying that EC would do well not to intervene in the matter, as its jurisdiction is limited to enforcing the model code of conduct, which covers only political parties, candidates and party workers. "RSS is a non-political organization and has no direct role in elections.

The EC should, therefore, revert to BJP and RSS on their respective complaints, clarifying that it is not the suitable agency for redress,"
he told TOI from Chennai.

Rahul-RSS row ‘outside’ Election Commission purview - The Times of India

BJP should stop teaming up with all these separate statehood parties :hitwall:

Have the congressi bots planned anything post apocalypse (May 16th) :p: May I suggest that they should start saving for the coming five years as they will be jobless for a while after May.

Believe me... you won't see any of them. Either they will disappear into thin air like that [bregs] guy did after dec 8th, or they will change their loyalties to BJP :lol:

Looks like this is it AAP is finished ...

Yaar pdf k troll bade achhe he pahele congress congrss karte the uska khel khatam kardiya fir AAP aap karne lage aab iska khel khatam thank god BJP k support me nahi he ye log ;)

??????????

news from Ludhiana.......

MANISH TEWARI has packed his bag and fled the city ........... apparently fearing two local brothers.

he is expected to run from Chandigarh , a traditional congress strong hold..............against Beauty queen Gul Panag ....hahaha

So how many seat AAP is now winning in Punjab? I bet with you they will not win even one!!

ya..........they wont win any .............zero................may be Bhagwant mann has a chance ...........i dont think anyone else have a chance.

Phoolka was fav in Ludhiana till Bains brother steped in.

it doesnt matter AAP wins or not in Punjab........fear of something is good then actually having something.

a 15-20% will do the trick to control NDA's gunda raj

BJP should stop teaming up with all these separate statehood parties :hitwall:

BJP is aligning with caste based, religion based and language based and state based parties as Modi realizes that other then his paid propagandist stooges on social media there is no Feku wave.

Its not his choice but cumpultion for the greed of power.

news from Ludhiana.......

MANISH TEWARI has packed his bag and fled the city ........... apparently fearing two local brothers.

he is expected to run from Chandigarh , a traditional congress strong hold..............against Beauty queen Gul Panag ....hahaha

ya..........they wont win any .............zero................may be Bhagwant mann has a chance ...........i dont think anyone else have a chance.

Phoolka was fav in Ludhiana till Bains brother steped in.

it doesnt matter AAP wins or not in Punjab........fear of something is good then actually having something.

a 15-20% will do the trick to control NDA's gunda raj

What do u think NDA drug cartel have any chance? how many they can win?

What about navjot singh sidhu's revolt in bjp against badals ?

BJP is aligning with caste based, religion based and language based and state based parties as Modi realizes that other then his paid propagandist stooges on social media there is no Feku wave.

Its not his choice but cumpultion for the greed of power.

What do u think NDA drug cartel have any chance? how many they can win?

What about navjot singh sidhu's revolt in bjp against badals ?

5-6 for akalis...........rest Congress...........people not in mood to vote akalis this election.
wife of badal might lose.

no word from Sidhu yet...........he is anti badals so might not get seat from amritsar

In Bihar, some BJP leaders are hopeful of touching 35 for alliance. They seemed pretty confident. I still think their tally will be ~25.
In Jharkhand, JVM is waiting for Modi's call for alliance but local BJP leaders are against any such move. An alliance with JVM will ensure clean sweep in Jharkhand.

Back
Top Bottom