What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

baboons.jpg

I think he overall trend is correct- but there is a tendency to over-estimate BJP gains in UP in some surveys (like recent C-Voter) @jha sahib, your comments? AAP was under-estimated in delhi during the state polls and I think they may show progress in Punjab.

Yes.. There seem to be some over estimation. Right now BJP can get 30-35 seats. However Muslims seem to be totally against SP. I wonder how much is this going to help BJP. Post election BSP will be one of the first parties to run to NDA.

AAP's strategy is not really getting them votes in Delhi. I can see them performing better at some places in Haryana. In Punjab they will have to select known faces.

Yes.. There seem to be some over estimation. Right now BJP can get 30-35 seats. However Muslims seem to be totally against SP. I wonder how much is this going to help BJP. Post election BSP will be one of the first parties to run to NDA.

AAP's strategy is not really getting them votes in Delhi. I can see them performing better at some places in Haryana. In Punjab they will have to select known faces.
AAP is also attracting a lot of Muslim votes at least in Urban centers, this will certainly help BJP. UP is the most important state for BJP and if UP does not give at least 45 seats to Namo then it will be difficult for them to form a govt. People in UP should make up their mind and vote for the most deserving..

Last edited:
Scam by former goa cm or former himanchal cm or former uttrakhand cm or former karnataka cm are all the scams done by bjp.

We says done by bjp because it was the full majority bjp govt. which was running the govt but kalmadi was IOC chairman as a individual capacity he was not appointed by the congress or by the UPA govt.

Suppose @kurup get elected as a chairman of a trust which runs a school or hospital and kurup rapes someone then we can not say it was Modi or BJP or NDA which is involve in rape just because kurup is a bjp MP or member or supporter.

The scams that are committed by the UPA ministers can only be called UPA scams not any local issue in Mumbai (like adarsh or cwg in delhi)

In your rush to shield congress and UPA from the scams committed by congressis you are making points which does not make any sense .

Your comments in red and blue are exact opposite to each other . Sort it out first .

In your rush to shield congress and UPA from the scams committed by congressis you are making points which does not make any sense .

Your comments in red and blue are exact opposite to each other . Sort it out first .

He is a Paid Bot. Put him on Ignore List till General Elections. :haha:

His point is valid....He missed scams of Gujarat government..thats all!!!

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Nation

Modi’s merry men
- Gujarat MLAs thumb nose at marriage law, stash away more than one wife

Babubhai Katara isn’t the only Gujarat lawmaker to hand his wife’s passport to another woman. But his peers are smarter: they have made that passport “official”.

Some 30-odd MLAs in the state’s 182-member Assembly are believed to have more than one wife. And three, including a minister, are brazen enough to have declared it in their profiles on the Who’s Who published by the House secretariat. (See pictures below)

The joke is on chief minister Narendra Modi, who had a few years ago alleged widespread polygamy among Muslims with the taunt: “Hum paanch, hamare pachchis(the five of us and our 25 children).”

Gujarat’s polygamous MLAs are all Hindus, and many are from Modi’s own party, the BJP.

Water supplies minister Harijivanbhai Patel, 64, and fellow BJP member Madhu Srivastava, 54, mention their two wives in the Who’s Who. So does Hemaji Darghaji Rajput, Congress MLA from Vav in Banaskantha.

They are obviously bolder than the rest — both Srivastava and Rajput mention horse-riding as their hobbies. Madhu Bhoye, Congress MLA from Dangs, could have written “marrying” under that head — he has five wives.

The Konani tribal, however, has chosen discretion over daring, at least in official publications. Contacted, he defended himself, saying: “To have more than one wife is an accepted practice among tribals. We treat our wives as equal.”

Most of the polygamous MLAs are indeed tribals from south Gujarat. The school records of their children mention different mothers but the same father.

“Yes, our culture allows us to have more than one wife,” said former BJP MLA Rajnikant Rajwadi, himself a polygamous tribal from the region. Tradition or not, the practice is illegal, confirmed high court advocate Bhushan Oza.

Minister Harijivanbhai, who is from Banaskantha, forwarded the other common excuse: “My first wife had failed to conceive even 20 years after marriage. She allowed me to marry again. I now have a son and two daughters.”

Srivastava, who is not a tribal, had his own explanation.

“When I was young and reckless, I fell in love with a tribal girl and married her. I was 25. My family — we are from Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh — saw red. They said if I didn’t take a wife from my own community, my younger sister would have to remain unmarried,” said the MLA, who made headlines a few years ago when he was accused of bribing key Best Bakery witness Zahira Sheikh to turn hostile.

“I took my first wife and her parents into confidence, and they allowed me to marry again.”

With the wives unwilling to complain, the law is helpless to act. “We have no business commenting on elected representatives’ marital status. I am not saying anything,” said P.C. Thakur, Vadodara police commissioner.

State law minister Ashok Bhatt refused to comment, saying: “It’s entirely a personal matter.”

The state government wouldn’t like the issue raked up, especially in an election year. Such a controversy would also dilute the ruling BJP’s campaign against the alleged polygamy among Muslims.

“I didn’t know so many of our MLAs have more than one wife,” said Ila Pathak, who heads the Ahmedabad Women’s Action Group, an NGO.

“It’s ironical. If you have more than two children, you aren’t allowed to contest civic and panchayat elections in Gujarat. But it seems you can be an MLA no matter how many wives you have.”

She plans to take the matter up with the Election Commission.

State poll commission officials, who asked not to be named, said they didn’t know of any rules to disqualify polygamous lawmakers. They added that the nomination papers ask candidates to declare their wives’ assets, too, but none had mentioned more than one wife.

There is, however, one instance of an MLA being nailed for polygamy. Former chief minister Amarsinh Chaudhary, who died three years ago, was prosecuted by his first wife Gajaraben in 1998 when he was leader of the Opposition.

Chaudhary, a tribal from Vyara in Surat, had argued that he had never legally married Gajaraben. Finally, he reached an out-of-court settlement with her just before the marriage of his son Tushar Chaudhary, now the MP from Mandvi, Surat.

The Congress women’s cell doesn’t see polygamy as an issue. “No such thing exists,” said its general secretary, Mayaben Dave. But Jayshree Patel, president of the BJP women’s wing, called the practice shameful.

“It’s time the political parties did something about it,” she said. “Polygamous MLAs shouldn’t be renominated. We’ll make sure they become politically untouchable.”

That could be a tad difficult. Although the scandal is an open secret, the MLAs are quick to set aside political differences and unite at any hint of an attempt to raise the issue.

Sometime last year, after Uttar Pradesh leader Mayavati expelled an MP from her Bahujan Samaj Party for an alleged extramarital affair, a Gujarat MLA, Bharat Pandya, had written a tongue-in-cheek letter to law minister Ashok Bhatt. The letter asked if the government was contemplating any such action against Gujarat’s polygamous MLAs.

Pandya was clearly joking. But many of the lawmakers were scared enough to jointly approach him and ask him to let sleeping dogs lie.

RJD leader switches to BJP

Patna, Feb. 22: RJD’s state general secretary Swadesh Yadav today joined the BJP.

Welcoming Swadesh, considered a staunch supporter of Lalu Prasad in Madhepura, BJP state president Mangal Pandey said: “The party would gain strength in the Kosi region with the joining of a leader like Swadesh.”

Hailing from Madhepura, Swadesh has been involved in students’ politics for more than a decade and has been the president of Chhatra RJD. Apart from Swadesh, RJD state general secretary Shaheen Parveen, LJP leader Sudip Kumar and JD(U) youth leader Aditya Paswan, too, joined the BJP.

Swadesh said: “The so-called secular parties’ stand on communalism was only a cover for their family and dynastic politics.’ Pandey also took a jibe at the Centre for ignoring the demand for according special status category to Bihar.

RJD leader switches to BJP

This is bound to happen. Many more leaders ( especially from JD-U) will join BJP in coming weeks.

Muhammad said Devil is afraid of allah
Muhammad said Allah is afraid of Devil
Now see a now you are on a attacking mode when you got nothing to prove your bullshit.A typical mindset of a hindu terrorist . I haven,t said anything offensive about your religion because i know there are plenty of good hindus too and i don,t want to hurt their feelings,not everyone is extremist like you.Did i said anything about your LORD SHIVA who had sex with his own daughter and promoted rape culture in india??I know you can only bark on internet and dont have the luxury to say this even in your own so called bharat mata because some muslim around you who enslaved you for centuries will cut your hindu a$$ in pieces.
@Aeronaut immediately ban this filthy mother fucker extremist intelligent hindu who worship rat,s monkeys and elephants and drink cow urine for curing diseases and tell him to go to his indian defence forum ,if he hates pakistan too much then why he is obsessed with pakistan and our defence forum??

And yes we will vote Modi and he will **** your mind washed extended IM brothers . Keep wailing about it all the time while you can't do a thing about it.
Go vote for him and wait for the nuclear exchange ,only your economy you are bragging about will de destroyed .Stop living in illusions modi cannot stop us from the raising the kashmir issue,he can only bark in public for getting votes from extremist hindus like you.

Last edited:
I have banged your mentor @shan many a times on this forum. Calling for backup like losers. I would have made you cry if it were not for your mods. You got the message that's all , Karanchi is just the name and mis spelling that is not grammatical error. :lol: @ at your retardedness. I don't know about others but here there are enough with 7 inchers to please your ...
that guy is banned for trolling.............ab bache ki jaan lega kya,jane de usko

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom