What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

^ It's like talking to a Pakistani (heehe, no troll). Screw the facts, let's just talk about what we would like the situation to be, not what it actually is.

You are right in one way I think. When you ask people how to solve problems in their country, (Christians also do this) the fundamentalists there say more strict version of their religion is needed. When you point out that this is already in place, they say the current system is not pure enough and needs to be stricter.

The Congress ideology (if you can call one is sort of like that) We just need more of it.

You saying I'm wrong or I'm right?

You're completely right :)

You are right in one way I think. When you ask people how to solve problems in their country, (Christians also do this) the fundamentalists there say more strict version of their religion is needed. When you point out that this is already in place, they say the current system is not pure enough and needs to be stricter.

The Congress ideology (if you can call one is sort of like that) We just need more of it.

Hah we've successfully converted an apolitical person to a Modi bhakt.

To be honest though, I don't agree with a few of the BJP policies, feels a little too socially regressive, but right now what India needs is strong growth and able leadership. 10 years down the line we can think about other things like that. I for one was hoping AAP would fill that space, but it looks like their entire leadership is hell bent on being kicked out of office within 2 months.

Is that a sarcastic or a true statement- coz if you're trying to be sarcastic, then you're saying modi's gonna sweep TN, Kerala and in Andhra BJP is gonna win big because of their stand on telengana.....is that your stand?

If the Third Front comes to power this year, it will be a case of Out of the fire, into the frying pan for India. I personally find Third Front Governments the worst. No stability in the Central Government (as there's no clearly dominant Party in the coalition), lots and lots of infighting, multiple wannabe PMs, every Party wanting lucrative Ministries etc etc.

Is that a sarcastic or a true statement- coz if you're trying to be sarcastic, then you're saying modi's gonna sweep TN, Kerala and in Andhra BJP is gonna win big because of their stand on telengana.....is that your stand?

I doubt BJP is going to sweep TN and Kerala. They'll win a few seats, sure.

AP is a different matter, they might do well simply on the Modiwave.

If the Third Front comes to power this year, it will be a case of Out of the fire, into the frying pan for India. I personally find Third Front Governments the worst. No stability in the Central Government (as there's no clearly dominant Party in the coalition), lots and lots of infighting, multiple wannabe PMs, every Party wanting lucrative Ministries etc etc.

Yeah, but that's not gonna stop them from trying. jaya an CPI have already set in motion a line of thought (both will dominate their states coz DMK is in shambles and Kerala congress is under attack). Mamta will win in Bengal and she isn't falling for BJP. UP heartland will go to chieftans there. BJP will dominate in their traditional states but a large number of regional parties look set to win.

Hah we've successfully converted an apolitical person to a Modi bhakt.

To be honest though, I don't agree with a few of the BJP policies, feels a little too socially regressive, but right now what India needs is strong growth and able leadership. 10 years down the line we can think about other things like that. I for one was hoping AAP would fill that space, but it looks like their entire leadership is hell bent on being kicked out of office within 2 months.

Not really. In terms of economics, yes.

In terms of social policies, I am completely divergent from all the right wing parties in India.

Basically I think free enterprise, free markets are an etension of the individual expression. Or the closest we can get to that in an economic sense.

I extend my same ideology to social issues as well. I tend to err on the side of individual liberty.

I doubt BJP is going to sweep TN and Kerala. They'll win a few seats, sure.

AP is a different matter, they might do well simply on the Modiwave.

Dude, did you just say 'modiwave' in a state convulsed with the Telengana issue?:drag:

Yeah, but that's not gonna stop them from trying. jaya an CPI have already set in motion a line of thought (both will dominate their states coz DMK is in shambles and Kerala congress is under attack). Mamta will win in Bengal and she isn't falling for BJP. UP heartland will go to chieftans there. BJP will dominate in their traditional states but a large number of regional parties look set to win.

Never doubted their ingenuity, especially when the likes of DeveGowda have forced their way into the top job of the Country. But I'm just sick and tired of their predictable behaviour post elections.

I predict 0 seats for BJP in Kerala :)

That would be accurate, and that's why I was wondering why some people here were wasting bandwidth posting pics pf kerala rally. I can also assure you zero in TN and W Bengal.

Never doubted their ingenuity, especially when the likes of DeveGowda have forced their way into the top job of the Country. But I'm just sick and tired of their predictable behaviour post elections.

Not just a question of power, to be fair many many parties have genuine issues allying with BJP. Once BJP comes to power RSS, Bajrang Dal etc. start asking for previlages and free movement in such states. Many govts don't like that. So they stay away.

That would be accurate, and that's why I was wondering why some people here were wasting bandwidth posting pics pf kerala rally. I can also assure you zero in TN and W Bengal.

I thought that rally mostly comprised of BJP workers themselves.

It's going to take a few election cycles for BJP to actually get a few states in Kerala.

And even then, they have to run on development, unemployment related issues.

@kbd-raaf

what do you think of TN and Kerala in terms of not having a BJP presence? are you disappointed :)

I thought that rally mostly comprised of BJP workers themselves.

It's going to take a few election cycles for BJP to actually get a few states in Kerala.

And even then, they have to run on development, unemployment related issues.

@kbd-raaf

what do you think of TN and Kerala in terms of not having a BJP presence? are you disappointed :)

Pretty much my point. BJP supporters have been going gaga over modi rally in Chennai, Kolkata and Kerala....not one seat will come to Modi from either of these states. Delhi will go the AAP way even more in general elections. You need to smoke lots og pot @kbd-raaf to ignore this.

Back
Top Bottom