What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

No Idea why but when ever I listen to Diggy, I am reminded of Shakuni. This is how I have come to associate Diggy Raja for a while now.

I have been seeing main stream parties and media folks passing some sexist comments on Smriti.

Usually, these are the parties and media presstitutes at the forefront of condemning these attacks. Now, it's ironic that their hatred for a particular woman has made them loose what ever remained of their morality and sanity.

People are very right to question why BJP didnt crack down on Zakir Naik IMMEDIATELY when they came to power in 2014.

They are simply hypocrites....just to a lesser degree than the ones that were in power before them (since they are at least "probing" now).

People are very right to question why BJP didnt crack down on Zakir Naik IMMEDIATELY when they came to power in 2014.

They are simply hypocrites....just to a lesser degree than the ones that were in power before them (since they are at least "probing" now).

from what I see ,here in Mumbai people are fanatic addicts of this man and am talking of urban, well educated, upper middle class professionals I engage with so any moves against him will generate a backslash. Am already seeing his defence on my fb timeline .Govt must move cautiously

from what I see ,here in Mumbai people are fanatic addicts of this man and am talking of urban, well educated, upper middle class professionals I engage with so any moves against him will generate a backslash. Am already seeing his defence on my fb timeline .Govt must move cautiously

It might be a great move for BJP in the long run.
Politically, this particular section will have to vote for one party.

And if reverse polarization happens, it's a complete win for BJP.

So, my take it, strike when it's hot.
Right now there is a huge public backlash on Naik. BJP won't get another chance like this

-strictly politically speaking

Govt should not worry about it too much (backlash). Its time to rip off this fake bandage of political correctness and call a spade a spade. If people want to come out and thrash and cry against rule of law concerning hate speech....its better we have them do that now rather than in future. It can be controlled much better now.

Time to act is right now.....preferably yesterday....but now is 2nd best option and I'll welcome it.

Like desi guy said, the affluent well heeled urban muslims are not BJP voter base anyway....but BJP can make good inroads into the poorer muslim segments by taking action against one that seeks to radicalise them/preach skewed theory (and making a lot of money in the process) instead of improving their lot and working in charity. Get whichever muslim leaders and community leaders to back and promote this on the ground too.

Govt must clearly promote the fact that the Islam of india is one that is based on deeds, not words.,,,,because the poor Muslims (and poor in general) need deeds, not words.

@fsayed What is your view?

MANGALURU/MADIKERI :In the interview which DySP M K Ganapathy gave hours before his death on Thursday, he said that ex-minister K J George was harassing him in a Mangaluru church attack case. Ganapathy added that politicians had pressured him not to book the miscreants, who belonged to a Christian minority, or name them in the chargesheet.

Ganapathy had attracted controversies during his service. He had faced departmental inquiry in Bengaluru over an alleged fake encounter of a rowdy sheeter in Yeshwanthpur, and for alleged misuse of a seized property in Madiwala. He had come clean in both cases, said colleagues.

SP of Kodagu Rajendra Prasad told mediapersons that Ganapathy was under depression. The deceased DySP was a native of Ranga Samudra near Kushalnagar.

IGP (Western range) J Arun Chakravarthy, who had taken charge a month ago and under whom Ganapathy worked, told Express that Ganapathy was a quiet officer and was one of two DySP grade officials working in the IGP office. He was in charge of departmental inquiries.

“He used to greet me every morning and talk to me about work. I often found him in a subdued mood, but had never enquired further. At work, he was efficient and used to discuss matters with senior officials and seek directions,” said Chakravarthy.

Ganapathy’s former colleagues, who had worked with him in Kadri and Ullal stations, recalled that he joined as a sub-inspector in the police department. He was promoted six months ago as DySP and transferred to Mangaluru IGP office from Bengaluru. But he reported for duty only after three months.
Faced fake encounter charge
During his tenure as police inspector at Yeshwanthpur police station in 2010, Ganapathy was involved in a controversial encounter. Though Ganapathy had maintained that he had fired at the 20-year-old rowdy sheeter Prashanth in self defence, Prashanth’s family had sought a CBI probe, alleging that it was a fake encounter. Ganapathy had also suffered injuries in the incident.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...n-withdrawn-IGP/2016/07/08/article3518729.ece

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...n-withdrawn-IGP/2016/07/08/article3518729.ece

@danger007 heathen pagan shown his rightful place in hell :enjoy:

Government is making such a environment that he would never return back...

Arresting him would be big menace ... better not let him return back and that will let him make look a coward and will give the opportunity to seize his property ban his programme ... better make him take refuge in some african Islamic country ... and we can make international red corner notice against ... ban him travelling ...

ban his programme
Peace TV continued transmission in India despite I&B ministry refusing licence

In the year 2009, Peace TV had approached the Information and Broadcasting Ministry for a licence. However the same was rejected. As per the Cable TV Act, transmitting a channel without a licence is a punishable offence. Action can be taken against the cable operator by either the District Magistrate or the Superintendent of Police.

He was actually was not given a license to air by even the UPA govt, but channels still go on, there are 24 such channels aired illegally by cable operators. So all they need to do is take action and prevent the transmission of the channel.

Back
Top Bottom