What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

If the sugar lobby is too strong to take head on, Modi can counter that by subsidizing pulses and raising the MSP for pulses. As things stand now, there is no incentive to grow pulses (to my knowledge) and so many incentives for sugarcane instead.

Imports, just like contract farming in Mozambique, should at best be stop-gap measures. In fact, cheap imports adversely affect our own pulses production - a reason why the farmers stopped growing pulses in the first place.

First point - Agreed, govt should bite the bullet and take on the sugar lobby. Frankly though, it will not happen, at least as of now. For Pulses, just like Sugar need extensive water and as of now again, Sugar lobby rules the roost. yes, long term measures should taken, let's wait and watch.

Second point - Global demand for pulses has risen, tremendously. With west finding health benefits of Pulses, they have taken to consuming them with vigour. Import of pulses is not a new thing, it has been happening for few years now.
Unless there is a policy and infra change in India, the demand for Pulses can not be met. Even if the changes happen, in short term we need the stop gap measures.

Also, I think there is a secondary objective to it. India want's to counter China's influence in Afrika. so, it's like targeting two things at once I think.

13620993_1777626169189501_4919576562784512483_n.jpg

Despite being in Radar of Media for everything,
She never back down.
She has been abused mercilessly but still She stood tall.
Her Only Fault was She fought ag...ainst Rahul Gandhi and came in radar of Media.
When You want to compare her work in HRD, We can breathlessly list down atleast 20 accomplishments of hers in HRD.

1. Compulsory Attendance System Biometric
2. Construction of 100% Toilet Infrastructure in more than 2 lakh schools in record time.
3. Complete Digitization of NCERT and CBSE Books and make it available for free in E-Shaala
4. Udaan Program
5. Swayam Program
6. Digitization of all Scholarship and Linking it with Aadhar Card so that Scholarship reaches directly.
7. Abolition of 3 year Course in DU
8. National Ranking Framework System
9. Know Your College in order to Guide Students to choose College based On Merit.
10. Vidyanjali Program which allows every citizen to teach in any Government School.
11. Opening of most number of IIT, IIIT, NIIT and AIIMS
12. Updation of Syllabus of all Higher Education College by International Universities and measurement of their work on International Norms.
13. Special Scholarship for North East Students.
14. Digital Gender Atlas for Gender mapping in order to improve Girl Child Literacy.
15. Saksham - 30000 disabled students got free Education and Digital Talking Book
16. IMPRINT India Program to invest 1000 crore specially on Research Parks and Incubation Center.
17. Teacher Training Program at the campus of IIT and IIM by the teachers of IIT and IIM.
18. Bharatwani Project - It is the project to launch more than 500 courses in 22 languages.
19. Sharansh and Shala Darpan - Data Repository to maintain record and track record of all 2 crore students all over India.
20. Last but not the Least National Education Policy which is biggest change in History of Education in India

--TFI

13620993_1777626169189501_4919576562784512483_n.jpg

Despite being in Radar of Media for everything,
She never back down.
She has been abused mercilessly but still She stood tall.
Her Only Fault was She fought ag...ainst Rahul Gandhi and came in radar of Media.
When You want to compare her work in HRD, We can breathlessly list down atleast 20 accomplishments of hers in HRD.

1. Compulsory Attendance System Biometric
2. Construction of 100% Toilet Infrastructure in more than 2 lakh schools in record time.
3. Complete Digitization of NCERT and CBSE Books and make it available for free in E-Shaala
4. Udaan Program
5. Swayam Program
6. Digitization of all Scholarship and Linking it with Aadhar Card so that Scholarship reaches directly.
7. Abolition of 3 year Course in DU
8. National Ranking Framework System
9. Know Your College in order to Guide Students to choose College based On Merit.
10. Vidyanjali Program which allows every citizen to teach in any Government School.
11. Opening of most number of IIT, IIIT, NIIT and AIIMS
12. Updation of Syllabus of all Higher Education College by International Universities and measurement of their work on International Norms.
13. Special Scholarship for North East Students.
14. Digital Gender Atlas for Gender mapping in order to improve Girl Child Literacy.
15. Saksham - 30000 disabled students got free Education and Digital Talking Book
16. IMPRINT India Program to invest 1000 crore specially on Research Parks and Incubation Center.
17. Teacher Training Program at the campus of IIT and IIM by the teachers of IIT and IIM.
18. Bharatwani Project - It is the project to launch more than 500 courses in 22 languages.
19. Sharansh and Shala Darpan - Data Repository to maintain record and track record of all 2 crore students all over India.
20. Last but not the Least National Education Policy which is biggest change in History of Education in India

--TFI

Hope she gives a great impetus to the women-driven textile industry of India now.

It is in need of a major overhaul w.r.t labour reforms, economies of scale and ultimately employment generation (esp for women).

Tirupur model needs to be expanded to the large hinterland of northern India and made even more competitive and viable:

https://defence.pk/threads/will-mod...-bangladesh-rmg-industry.436461/#post-8413994

There is much work to be done! Ms. Irani is a good choice to deliver it and I wish her the best of success.

Prakash Javadekar is a good fit to take the NEP forward, the draft of which looks quite promising.

Zakir Naik are direct products of Anti national Congress.
They should have kicked this guy out initially.
Its not too late. Cancel his Indian passports, ban his channels.

Last edited:
Zakir Naik are direct products of Anti national Congress.
They should have kicked this guy out initially.
Its not too late. Cancel his Indian passports, ban his channels.

First file a case against him. Im surprised it wasnt done much earlier by Modi govt.

We got to take all the actions against this Zakir or other such extremist ideologies now..

See if we do anything in other times, ppl jump gun and blame government with polarisation point.. now we have definite link up and Bangladesh has requested us to investigate.. so we should use this opportunity and clean things up..

I fear ISIS is also using its footprint a lot more in BD but still slowly it's increasing its influence in India.. we need to ban and control such extremism now itself or we will see BD like attack or lone wolf attacks soon..

Lots of rear ends torn open.

@bongbang @Doyalbaba @Anubis @PersonasNonGrata @Mohammed Khaled

Your I&B minister makes an apperance.

Would like to hear your opinions on what should be done.

@haviZsultan you might want to watch this too and give your comment

Zakir Naik does support OBL and the Taliban....but ultimately it boils down to freedom of speech issue....until and unless ZN directly instructs people to carry out terrorist attack I do not think it would legal(by American standards) to stop him....another thing to note is what is the focus of ZN's messages in its entirety...as far as I have seen his videos he does not seem to discuss politics and AQ or terrorism that much(Only time I see him mentioning OBL is only when he is asked about him)...I have not seen him focusing his public speeches on OBL on his own...his main focus always seems to be comparative religion and other BS....If India(and Bangladesh) does value freedom of speech over all else then the only thing that is to be done is to leave him alone...yes terrorists watched his videos....but one of the terrorists of the Gulshan attack was a fan of Sraddha Kapoor(hope I got her name right) too(and danced with her too)....ZN is guilty of supporting OBL but I do not think he is guilty of instigating terrorism...you can't go with Bush's either you are with us or against us on this issue...the host is absolutely shit...if he invites people for their opinions he should listen to their opinions...not lecture them on his view...Hitchens would hand this idiot his ***.

Zakir Naik does support OBL and the Taliban....but ultimately it boils down to freedom of speech issue....until and unless ZN directly instructs people to carry out terrorist attack I do not think it would legal(by American standards) to stop him....another thing to note is what is the focus of ZN's messages in its entirety...as far as I have seen his videos he does not seem to discuss politics and AQ or terrorism that much(Only time I see him mentioning OBL is only when he is asked about him)...I have not seen him focusing his public speeches on OBL on his own...his main focus always seems to be comparative religion and other BS....If India(and Bangladesh) does value freedom of speech over all else then the only thing that is to be done is to leave him alone...yes terrorists watched his videos....but one of the terrorists of the Gulshan attack was a fan of Sraddha Kapoor(hope I got her name right) too(and danced with her too)....ZN is guilty of supporting OBL but I do not think he is guilty of instigating terrorism...you can't go with Bush's either you are with us or against us on this issue...the host is absolutely shit...if he invites people for their opinions he should listen to their opinions...not lecture them on his view...Hitchens would hand this idiot his ***.

The thing is he explicitly said "its ok to be a terrorist" (in the context of attacking the US - because the US is a terrorist to him) while he was in Malaysia.

Thus he was subsequently banned from entering Malaysia (for inciting hate speech previously).

He has been banned in many other countries (Canada, UK) for the same reason. Are you telling me that the UK and Canada have much more tighter provisions of free speech than India?

I personally think he should be prosecuted for hate speech in India and face the due process of law.

If the Bangladeshi courts want him to face some sort of prosecution there, we can extradite him to you too.

There are limits to free speech, and he has transgressed them on a number of occasions. He must be brought to justice for that.

The direct terrorism related charges (instigation etc) are of course very unreasonable to apply here unless there is specific evidence pertaining to it.

The thing is he explicitly said "its ok to be a terrorist" (in the context of attacking the US - because the US is a terrorist to him) while he was in Malaysia.

Thus he was subsequently banned from entering Malaysia (for inciting hate speech previously).

He has been banned in many other countries (Canada, UK) for the same reason. Are you telling me that the UK and Canada have much more tighter provisions of free speech than India?

I personally think he should be prosecuted for hate speech in India and face the due process of law.

If the Bangladeshi courts want him to face some sort of prosecution there, we can extradite him to you too.

There are limits to free speech, and he has transgressed them on a number of occasions. He must be brought to justice for that.
The UK banned him from entering because he is a foreigner....UK has Anjem Chowdhury....who is basically all the negatives of ZN on steroids....and he gets away because of freedom of speech(guaranteed by the UK for UK citizens...not Indians like ZN).....I could say exactly the things ZN says here in the US and nobody will even touch a hair on me....but if I were a foreigner I would probably never get a US visa.....what I would do with ZN is I would buy him...all governments spend money on propaganda......with ZNs fanbase I would pay him to speak against terrorism and that would be a better use of him....and I doubt India can prosecute him for hate speech(you could file a case but a judge wont let it through)....because everything he says about the US is usually breakfast talk for an average Indian fundo nationalist about Pakistan(and nobody calls that hatespeech)....India has a better justice system than BD...he will walk free in India(I am pretty certain about it).....but he can be hanged in BD.

The UK banned him from entering because he is a foreigner....UK has Anjem Chowdhury....who is basically all the negatives of ZN on steroids....and he gets away because of freedom of speech(guaranteed by the UK for UK citizens...not Indians like ZN).....I could say exactly the things ZN says here in the US and nobody will even touch a hair on me....but if I were a foreigner I would probably never get a US visa.....what I would do with ZN is I would buy him...all governments spend money on propaganda......with ZNs fanbase I would pay him to speak against terrorism and that would be a better use of him....and I doubt India can prosecute him for hate speech(you could file a case but a judge wont let it through)....because everything he says about the US is usually breakfast talk for an average Indian fundo nationalist about Pakistan(and nobody calls that hatespeech)....India has a better justice system than BD...he will walk free in India(I am pretty certain about it).....but he can be hanged in BD.

Good lets extradite him to Bangladesh then. Win-win :D

Lots of rear ends torn open.

@bongbang @Doyalbaba @Anubis @PersonasNonGrata @Mohammed Khaled

Your I&B minister makes an apperance.

Would like to hear your opinions on what should be done.

@haviZsultan you might want to watch this too and give your comment

I see him as modern Muslim revivalist. Initially it seemed to me good. He makes a mindset as if Islam has all the answer of the world and its perfect and all other religions are bogus and Islam is above criticism. It creates a situation where he/any man gives a justification of terrorism in the name of Islam, as Islam is the pure of pure and only truth. I think he isnt the main culprit but something to do with overall ideology. Imo non Muslim majority countries have some responsibility to counter the flawed ideologies in constructive way by properly analyzing the theology. The people already working in these respects should come handy and should be allowed to openly preach like ZN.

India prohibits hate speech by several sections of the Indian Penal Code, the Code of Criminal Procedure, and by other laws which put limitations on the freedom of expression. Section 95 of the Code of Criminal Procedure gives the government the right to declare certain publications “forfeited” if the “publication ... appears to the State Government to contain any matter the publication of which is punishable under Section 124A or Section 153A or Section 153B or Section 292 or Section 293 or Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code”.[2]

Section 153(A)[edit]
Section 153A of the penal code says,[3] inter alia:

Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquillity, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
Section 295(A)[edit]
Section 295(A) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) enacted in 1927[4] says:[5]

Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of [citizens of India], [by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise], insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to [three years], or with fine, or with both.[6]

Back
Top Bottom