What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I have already said that there is no clarification on if the lokpal can conduct an inquiry against the PM, union cabinet the coas or the President.
However even if it can there is nothing wrong in it as the lokpal will be bounded by the law to only look into the matter that happened within Delhi.

For the first part, the bill asks for jurisdiction over everything within the land area of Delhi, that covers e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!

And for the second part, I repeat; A Chief Minster of a city wants legal jurisdiction over the entire central government, President, CJI, army, and every damn thing that runs the country because everything runs from that city, and you are not seeing any problem there?? Nothing sounds atrociously wrong there??

For the first part, the bill asks for jurisdiction over everything within the land area of Delhi, that covers e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!

And for the second part, I repeat; A Chief Minster of a city wants legal jurisdiction over the entire central government, President, CJI, army, and every damn thing that runs the country because everything runs from that city, and you are not seeing any problem there?? Nothing sounds atrociously wrong there??
The Chief Minister won't have the legal jurisdiction over the lot you mentioned above but the lokpal which is appointed by the lieutenant governor of Delhi on the recommendation of a standing committee which includes the CM, leader of the opposition, speaker of the house, Chief Justice of the Delhi high court and some other intellectuals will have the power of jurisdiction over the matter of corruption that happened within the territory of Delhi NCR.
However as you have said it twice now I sincerely hopes that the Delhi cabinet comes out with a more refined version of the bill where the 'public servant is carefully defined and the President, the PM, COAS, CJI are kept out of it as to god knows what will happen in the country and to the certain section of people if someone dares to touch the President, PM or his cabinet in the case of corruption.

power ministry best performer in review followed by roads

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pms-...of-the-class-1427005?pfrom=home-lateststories

The best-performing ministries according to a review led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi are Power, headed by Piyush Goyal, and Nitin Gadkari's Roads and Highways Ministry.

Yesterday, the economic affairs secretary presented an update on each ministry's work as well as their accounts to the Prime Minister and other top members of his office. All ministries had submitted their presentations to the economic affairs secretary.

The exercise lasted five hours and comes ahead of a cabinet reshuffle expected next week before the PM leaves for a tour of Africa. Mr Modi told ministers they need to work harder to deliver on campaign promises and to promote and implement flagship government schemes. To keep a check on this, the PM reportedly wants to repeat this detailed review every three months.

"The government has been announcing good schemes but the "doot" messengers (ministers and lawmakers) have not been able to take it to the public," the PM repeatedly told the council of ministers.

Sources who attended the review session said that the Big Four - Home, Defence, Finance and Foreign - were discussed with a very restricted group of attendees.

Sources said that the ministries red-circled as under-performers included Health, with the Prime Minister making it clear that he would like to see faster progress on plans for state-run hospitals like Delhi's AIIMS in other parts of the country. Sources also said that the need for more IITs and IIMs, business and engineering colleges, to be quickly set up, was also stressed as a priority. Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad was reportedly told that improving connectivity and the persistent call-drop problems must be dealt with far more urgently.

The cabinet reshuffle next week is expected to deliver a promotion for Mr Goyal, the Power Minister. States like Uttar Pradesh which are headed for elections are expected to be granted more representation.

The council of ministers currently has 66 members including the Prime Minister. It cannot exceed 82 members.

+++

i heard a similar view and posted couple of days back

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/make-in-...ke-off-next-month.437057/page-2#ixzz4DBKAGnkV

Not sure what will happen but perhaps Mr Goyal may be given a more important portfolio... Hopefully Defence,,

@Abingdonboy @anant_s @Levina
This is a good thing.. See how under performers are politely told.. i guess heads will roll if they continue like that for some more time..
Congratulations for the TTA bro.

The Chief Minister won't have the legal jurisdiction over the lot you mentioned above but the lokpal which is appointed by the lieutenant governor of Delhi on the recommendation of a standing committee which includes the CM, leader of the opposition, speaker of the house, Chief Justice of the Delhi high court and some other intellectuals will have the power of jurisdiction over the matter of corruption that happened within the territory of Delhi NCR.
However as you have said it twice now I sincerely hopes that the Delhi cabinet comes out with a more refined version of the bill where the 'public servant is carefully defined and the President, the PM, COAS, CJI are kept out of it as to god knows what will happen in the country and to the certain section of people if someone dares to touch the President, PM or his cabinet in the case of corruption.

The bill in its current form allows a state lokpal recommended by the Chief Justice of the Delhi high court among others to have jurisdiction over the Chief Justice of the Supreme court!! The President, the PM, COAS, CJI are not above the law, but a state lokpal can't prosecute them, there are many good reasons for it that you yourself can figure out if you give it a good thought.

And that lokpal is Kejriwal's lokpal, Kejriwal will have ultimately control over it, he can even remove the Lokpal at will...so goodluck with probing any corruption in Delhi government. Check what Prashant Bhushan has to say on it: https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prashant bhushan on delhi lokpal

Or check this article, it explains some of the flaws in Delhi lokpal with nice graphics: http://www.thequint.com/infographiq...-says-delhis-jan-lokpal-is-worse-than-jokepal

The bill in its current form allows a state lokpal recommended by the Chief Justice of the Delhi high court among others to have jurisdiction over the Chief Justice of the Supreme court!! The President, the PM, COAS, CJI are not above the law, but a state lokpal can't prosecute them, there are many good reasons for it that you yourself can figure out if you give it a good thought.

And that lokpal is Kejriwal's lokpal, Kejriwal will have ultimately control over it, he can even remove the Lokpal at will...so goodluck with probing any corruption in Delhi government. Check what Prashant Bhushan has to say on it: https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prashant bhushan on delhi lokpal

Or check this article, it explains some of the flaws in Delhi lokpal with nice graphics: http://www.thequint.com/infographiq...-says-delhis-jan-lokpal-is-worse-than-jokepal

Sir, Joker AAPtards will pretend the points we raise don't exist and keep pointing to the bill being rejected as the basis of Modi being against kejri...all the while pretending the Lokpal bill approved by Kejri is a joke on not just Delhi people but also on all Indians.
Unfortunately, AAPtards have become a more rabid version of sickulars.

Though I am not young, but I am not as senior as my profile picture, no need to call me 'sir'!! :D

I believe that Kejriwal has strong dictatorial tendencies; almost to the extent where it becomes mala fide, just check how he ganged up and ousted two of the founding members of AAP.

And he certainly fits the classic definition of a "Demagogue".

I believe that Kejriwal has strong dictatorial tendencies; almost to the extent where it becomes mala fide, just check how he ganged up and ousted two of the founding members of AAP.

Kejri killed internal Lokpal in AAP and AAPtards here are preaching us here!!
If these AAPtards have even a semblance of balance left, they should demand Kejri to release the full video of ouster of YY and PB.

power ministry best performer in review followed by roads

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pms-...of-the-class-1427005?pfrom=home-lateststories

The best-performing ministries according to a review led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi are Power, headed by Piyush Goyal, and Nitin Gadkari's Roads and Highways Ministry.

Yesterday, the economic affairs secretary presented an update on each ministry's work as well as their accounts to the Prime Minister and other top members of his office. All ministries had submitted their presentations to the economic affairs secretary.

The exercise lasted five hours and comes ahead of a cabinet reshuffle expected next week before the PM leaves for a tour of Africa. Mr Modi told ministers they need to work harder to deliver on campaign promises and to promote and implement flagship government schemes. To keep a check on this, the PM reportedly wants to repeat this detailed review every three months.

"The government has been announcing good schemes but the "doot" messengers (ministers and lawmakers) have not been able to take it to the public," the PM repeatedly told the council of ministers.

Sources who attended the review session said that the Big Four - Home, Defence, Finance and Foreign - were discussed with a very restricted group of attendees.

Sources said that the ministries red-circled as under-performers included Health, with the Prime Minister making it clear that he would like to see faster progress on plans for state-run hospitals like Delhi's AIIMS in other parts of the country. Sources also said that the need for more IITs and IIMs, business and engineering colleges, to be quickly set up, was also stressed as a priority. Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad was reportedly told that improving connectivity and the persistent call-drop problems must be dealt with far more urgently.

The cabinet reshuffle next week is expected to deliver a promotion for Mr Goyal, the Power Minister. States like Uttar Pradesh which are headed for elections are expected to be granted more representation.

The council of ministers currently has 66 members including the Prime Minister. It cannot exceed 82 members.

+++

i heard a similar view and posted couple of days back

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/make-in-...ke-off-next-month.437057/page-2#ixzz4DBKAGnkV

Not sure what will happen but perhaps Mr Goyal may be given a more important portfolio... Hopefully Defence,,

@Abingdonboy @anant_s @Levina
This is a good thing.. See how under performers are politely told.. i guess heads will roll if they continue like that for some more time..

dude an honest review would've meant ousting of he who must not be named and controls finances of the country

Congratulations for the TTA bro.
Thank you Bro

dude an honest review would've meant ousting of he who must not be named and controls finances of the country

The Delhi circle of ppl right from a coterie of lawyers, ministers, babus and what not (in and around lutyen circle) are the ones who will hold back the nation with one pretext or other.. Even if government change and instead of NDA UPA is there, still the Delhi circle influence is like the invisible hand.. Everybody knows it but no one dares to tear them apart bcz of their influence ability..

The Delhi circle of ppl right from a coterie of lawyers, ministers, babus and what not (in and around lutyen circle) are the ones who will hold back the nation with one pretext or other.. Even if government change and instead of NDA UPA is there, still the Delhi circle influence is like the invisible hand.. Everybody knows it but no one dares to tear them apart bcz of their influence ability..

Is the coterie unhappy with current govt? Otherwise I can't imagine how some of the attacks on this govt, which were obviously fully made up and blown up can otherwise make sense?

The fuller version :)

What sadguru says is right anything good which comes from our country is not worth it and that's what British taught us. They made sure we wont feel proud of our very own culture and who can propagate these ideas in a excellent way than our very own Lyutens gang Prestitues

What sadguru says is right anything good which comes from our country is not worth it and that's what British taught us. They made sure we wont feel proud of our very own culture and who can propagate these ideas in a excellent way than our very own Lyutens gang Prestitues

That too and the constant bile over Baba Ramdev's business ventures. He has answered these questions so many times, yet the presstitutes keep repeating them as if all our gurus and priests hold some constitutional posts which are being violated by their business ventures. If the same gurus and babas remain dirt poor like the nagas they ridicule them as fake, lazy asses; if they are capable and make success as business men, they are called opportunists and frauds.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom