What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Khattar is a little inexperienced & is no match for the experienced Congressis in Haryana.Having said that an SIT has been formed to find the culprits & I am sure people who are responsible for this will be brought to justice
First Manohar Lal Khattar’s police completely rejected even the faintest possibility of gang-rapes in Murthal until high court intervention. Now they are forming SIT. I am sure no one will get justice. Khattar is just planning cover ups.

@noksss @skyisthelimit @utraash @Levina @JanjaWeed @Star Wars @ranjeet @PARIKRAMA @Parul @arp2041

All of this "Congress/Nitish planned to kill Modi" is confirmation of what many would already have suspected of Congress and specifically the Gandhis' beleif that they are India's royal family with a divine right to rule. BUT, it is simply heresay and will never be proven, just look at the 1984 case- still no justice for that to date.

So, IMO, it is far more important to defeat Congress once and for all and the way you do that is at the ballot box, they don't even deserve the 40 seats they currently have. The current turmoil (JNU/Jatt/Simriti) is playing exactly into their hands. Let's not forget that there are many key reforms that Modi's term will be judged on pending, the longer the oppostion can use fake drama to disrupt the functioning of India's legislature the weaker it makes Modi look, the longer the economic miracle that India is on the cusp of remains unrealised and the more credible the oppostion's anti-Modi narrative becomes.

No matter what the GoI/BJP/NDA need to get the GST and LAB passed THIS parliament session- this is what they have been promising (and not delivering) for far too long now. It is no good the BJP/NDA playing the victim card, they need to stop being on the back foot, put their heads down and execute their agenda- they weren't elected to play drama queens but to deliver development.

In the long run this will hurt the Congress more than any speeches in Parliament- actions speak louder than words, show to the world what crooks those scumbags were.

Shocking!!!
This is what I read (Sonia wanted to "fix" Modi).

David Headley Revelations: BJP wants Sonia and Rahul to apologise for trying to 'fix' Modi | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Is this all BJP wants in return??? An apology??
An apology would be an admission of guilt and would be HUGELY signficant- which is why the Gandhis will NEVER do it. The Gandhis are constantly trying to project themselves as victims, an admission of this kind would showcase their true natures as predatory power-mad savages.

First Manohar Lal Khattar’s police completely rejected even the faintest possibility of gang-rapes in Murthal until high court intervention. Now they are forming SIT. I am sure no one will get justice. Khattar is just planning cover ups.

I will wait for SIT to submit its report & if they don't act on it.Then 'Bhakts' like me will pressure them into

How many bhakts on PDF feel modi and his govt let them down ? I for one feel utterly disappointed with this govt. It isn't just the economy and the narrative they fucked up with, but the hope and dream of an avg. Indian (bhakt in this sense) who wished to see his country in greater heights..people may or may not agree with me, but let me reiterate my words One doesn't need 280 seats in LS to run a govt this way....

My ratings for modi and his govt..
avg when rated on performance and
below avg when rated on a bhakt's expectations from this govt. ..
I'm not 100% sure what a "bhakt" is but I certainly feel very disappointed by the PM/GoI. Their performance is better than the UPA's (is that really an impressive success?) sure but well below the high hopes I had on May 27 2014.

This GoI/PM has totally allowed the oppostion and events to dictate the narrative, they never seem to be ahead of an issue but always reacting and their responses have been meek and oh so pathetic.

Where is mr "56 inch chest"? Where is the strong leader India was promised? Have we forgotten that he visited Pakistan and "bromance" the Pak PM and less than 2 weeks later Pakistani terrorists were attacking an Indian airbase? Where was the response? Postponing FS level talks- oh wow, now that's justice.

This GoI is made up of a lot of big mouths but beyond a lot of hot air, not much is delivered.

@noksss @skyisthelimit @utraash @Levina @JanjaWeed @Star Wars @ranjeet @PARIKRAMA @Parul @arp2041

All of this "Congress/Nitish planned to kill Modi" is confirmation of what many would already have suspected of Congress and specifically the Gandhis' beleif that they are India's royal family with a divine right to rule. BUT, it is simply heresay and will never be proven, just look at the 1984 case- still no justice for that to date.

So, IMO, it is far more important to defeat Congress once and for all and the way you do that is at the ballot box, they don't even deserve the 40 seats they currently have. The current turmoil (JNU/Jatt/Simriti) is playing exactly into their hands. Let's not forget that there are many key reforms that Modi's term will be judged on pending, the longer the oppostion can use fake drama to disrupt the functioning of India's legislature the weaker it makes Modi look, the longer the economic miracle that India is on the cusp of remains unrealised and the more credible the oppostion's anti-Modi narrative becomes.

No matter what the GoI/BJP/NDA need to get the GST and LAB passed THIS parliament session- this is what they have been promising (and not delivering) for far too long now. It is no good the BJP/NDA playing the victim card, they need to stop being on the back foot, put their heads down and execute their agenda- they weren't elected to play drama queens but to deliver development.

In the long run this will hurt the Congress more than any speeches in Parliament- actions speak louder than words, show to the world what crooks those scumbags were.

An apology would be an admission of guilt and would be HUGELY signficant- which is why the Gandhis will NEVER do it. The Gandhis are constantly trying to project themselves as victims, an admission of this kind would showcase their true natures as predatory power-mad savages.

I agree with you, hopefully with increase in RS numbers they will be able to pass the GST in 2016-17. On the 1984 think I also agree, nothing is stopping them from going after these congressi goons I don't have any idea why aren't they doing it

BJP is repeating the same mistake in TN ,recent surveys predict slight edge for DMK+Congress alliance over AIADMK ,No action against corrupt people chidambaram ,raja ,kanimozhi...etc is helping them ...And majority in Rajyasabha will be a impossible target if things go like this and we can end the the dream of Major reform bills to be passed ...
For all the bluster, the BJP/NDA and Modi are WEAK and impotent. I would love love love to be proven wrong but everything points to this (post electoral success).

Modi is a good politican is what I am starting to realise, almost nothing he promised during his 2014 election has come to be and he would try to pass that off as the oppostion's fault but when you have such an overwhelming majority isn't it rather pathetic for a self-proclaimed "tough guy" to be making such meak defences?

On the 1984 think I also agree, nothing is stopping them from going after these congressi goons I don't have any idea why aren't they doing it
I was hopeful when Modi was elected we could see some progress on this as he had said something along those lines in 2014 but almost 2 years later and not a damn thing has changed. A new SIT was formed but they are nowhere to be seen, the subject isn't even being talked about- too many are crying over traitors celebrating terrorists whilst the real victims continue to live with no justice.

What a sick state of affairs.

I will add more point to this when I have time but what I want to tell you is I am not feeling let down by Modi government . infact I am very happy with what he is doing the thing is imagine congress doing just 5% of this work then the media will make sure they rule for another 30 years . But for modi despite of doing such a good work the media only discuss about JNU,Hyderabad,Dadri and all that crap
But, you see, the very fact that those "sucesses" are not being discussed is a HUGE failure of this PM/GoI. There is no good in a few well informed Indians knowing the successes of this GoI, the vast majority can only see the muck the oppostion and media are throwing at them. It is a total failure of this GoI/PM to correct the narrative and put out their point of view, their media management (or lack therof) is actually unfathombly embarassing.

What happened to the PTI being transformed into a no nonsense voice for the GoI that would only report facts and would be the voice to correct the nonsense in the media? From what I can see there is no checks and balances within the system, no count factuals being put out no systamatic effort to break down the total lies the oppostion and media are spewing out.

If the BJP/PM is serious about re-election they need to do a MUCH better job than they currently are.

She is feisty. She has no sense of occasion... Or not a greatly developed one anyway, the jury is still out on that one. And she reminds me of one of those American idol shows where a Susan Boyle comes along and no one expects anything and suddenly she breaks through the clouds of indifference and raises the bar, compelling all the cynical, sour-faced Simon Cowells to stand up and applaud. I dreamed a dream...

Remember her first speech? She came out of left field and everyone was sure it would be a dud and she stunned us with her rhetoric. No Class 12 dropout this, she was good.

And she did it again last Wednesday when she lacerated the Opposition over the JNU issue and set herself up as the cause for the next Parliamentary walkout.
Media will caricature, lampoon Smriti Irani and gradually her crumpled image will be sold to public, the 'useful idiots'.Media will caricature, lampoon Smriti Irani and gradually her crumpled image will be sold to public, the 'useful idiots'.
“My name is Smriti Irani, I challenge you to tell me my caste.’ No one took up the challenge. They trotted out of the House instead.

"My request is, help me build this nation, not destroy it from within," she said, like Mark Anthony in drag but on a good wicket... Friends, Indians and countrymen…here I come, like it or not.

There is no foul here. Not that one can see it. Perhaps a bit shrill, a little dramatic, over the top… And why not, when so many of our politicians are mealy mouthed and hypocritical and she is, after all, a former TV soap star. And a finalist in the 1998 Miss India contest besides being the only minister to ever be photographed in a swimsuit since 1947, if that counts as a qualification.

So what tees us off about her? For one, she is more eloquent than most journalists are so that is annoying. Two, she has disappointed our expectations by, paradoxically, not being disappointing. That is bad form, you must respond to Mass Com’s idea of you or else you get a bad press. You are not docile, you do not suck up to media moghuls, you are not grateful to media, you march to your own drummer, no surprise you are in trouble big time.

Here is this chit of a girl, a lightweight model-cum-actress masquerading as a political entity so what we will do as members of the Mass Com cabal is conspire to skewer her image. This we will do by mocking her erudition, slanting her comments and editorializing over her conduct, everything she says and does will be sieved through this prejudice.

We will create a caricature, lampoon her and gradually her crumpled image will be bought and absorbed by the public who are, in our lingo, 'useful idiots.'

Her passion we will project as a touch of madness. Is the woman normal?

Her rhetoric we will sell to you as the sounds of a banshee. Hear her and shut your ears.

Her confidence we will turn into arrogance and her honesty into indiscretion.

It is easy to do when Mass Com becomes a monster.

In his book The Unforeseen President, John Perry writes: If you say nothing masscom will pillory you. If you dodge it, masscom will chase you. If you do not know the answer, it will place a dunce cap on your head. If you make an error, it will play that sound bite again and again until the whole world is laughing at you. If you misstate something it will mock you endlessly. If you apologise for the mistake it will project you as weak and flip flopping. If you argue you will be portrayed as thin-skinned…if you hit the right answer the masscom geniuses will crucify you for your gall."

The other fact he underscores is that masscom is unforgiving. If you were not conjured up and presented by the Press, it will never fully embrace you. They have to invent you to love you.

Irani came out of nowhere, a Modi choice without the tacit approval of the media and that is a cardinal sin. She is not a media invention.

Ms Irani is also trapped in the sticky web of a journalism that has lost its way
‘Masscom has ceased to be journalism. It resists the difficult, tiring labour of digging out facts. It chooses instead the safe, lazy course of following a political agenda, colouring events as it sees fit for the public.’

The agenda here is clear; we have to cut her to size. She is becoming too big for her swimsuit.

Media's agenda is clear: Smriti Irani, Modi's spunky, articulate minister must be cut down to size - Firstpost

@Rain Man @noksss @arbit @Levina and other smriti fans - good read !

Last edited:
Absentee prince: By not responding to Smriti Irani in Parliament, Rahul Gandhi proved critics right - Firstpost

A few days ago, the India Today magazine predicted a revival of sorts for Rahul Gandhi, arguing that he was emerging as a challenger to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Dissing the argument, somebody made an interesting remark. "Nobody can dislodge Modi till two factors do not change: oil prices and Rahul Gandhi."

On Wednesday, when Gandhi disappeared from Parliament, squeaking a meek apology when Smriti Irani was roaring on the floor, he proved his critics right.

In running away from a battle that he had himself started, Gandhi proved that whatever hidden virtues he may have, leading from the front and looking the enemy in the eye, is not one of them.

For all the bluster, the BJP/NDA and Modi are WEAK and impotent. I would love love love to be proven wrong but everything points to this (post electoral success).

Modi is a good politican is what I am starting to realise, almost nothing he promised during his 2014 election has come to be and he would try to pass that off as the oppostion's fault but when you have such an overwhelming majority isn't it rather pathetic for a self-proclaimed "tough guy" to be making such meak defences?

Expectations was high on this Government and unfortunately not upto our expectations ,But there is some point in opposition blocking every single reform we witnessed it in all parliament sessions
He have numbers in Lower house ,He is a strong leader with mass support ,But his Achilles heel is the upper house where BJP dont have enough number to take opposition there, its not his fault but an unfortunate situation where no one can do anything

Last edited:
She is feisty. She has no sense of occasion... Or not a greatly developed one anyway, the jury is still out on that one. And she reminds me of one of those American idol shows where a Susan Boyle comes along and no one expects anything and suddenly she breaks through the clouds of indifference and raises the bar, compelling all the cynical, sour-faced Simon Cowells to stand up and applaud. I dreamed a dream...

Remember her first speech? She came out of left field and everyone was sure it would be a dud and she stunned us with her rhetoric. No Class 12 dropout this, she was good.

And she did it again last Wednesday when she lacerated the Opposition over the JNU issue and set herself up as the cause for the next Parliamentary walkout.
Media will caricature, lampoon Smriti Irani and gradually her crumpled image will be sold to public, the 'useful idiots'. AFPMedia will caricature, lampoon Smriti Irani and gradually her crumpled image will be sold to public, the 'useful idiots'. AFP

“My name is Smriti Irani, I challenge you to tell me my caste.’ No one took up the challenge. They trotted out of the House instead.

"My request is, help me build this nation, not destroy it from within," she said, like Mark Anthony in drag but on a good wicket... Friends, Indians and countrymen…here I come, like it or not.

There is no foul here. Not that one can see it. Perhaps a bit shrill, a little dramatic, over the top… And why not, when so many of our politicians are mealy mouthed and hypocritical and she is, after all, a former TV soap star. And a finalist in the 1998 Miss India contest besides being the only minister to ever be photographed in a swimsuit since 1947, if that counts as a qualification.

So what tees us off about her? For one, she is more eloquent than most journalists are so that is annoying. Two, she has disappointed our expectations by, paradoxically, not being disappointing. That is bad form, you must respond to Mass Com’s idea of you or else you get a bad press. You are not docile, you do not suck up to media moghuls, you are not grateful to media, you march to your own drummer, no surprise you are in trouble big time.

Here is this chit of a girl, a lightweight model-cum-actress masquerading as a political entity so what we will do as members of the Mass Com cabal is conspire to skewer her image. This we will do by mocking her erudition, slanting her comments and editorializing over her conduct, everything she says and does will be sieved through this prejudice.

We will create a caricature, lampoon her and gradually her crumpled image will be bought and absorbed by the public who are, in our lingo, 'useful idiots.'

Her passion we will project as a touch of madness. Is the woman normal?

Her rhetoric we will sell to you as the sounds of a banshee. Hear her and shut your ears.

Her confidence we will turn into arrogance and her honesty into indiscretion.

It is easy to do when Mass Com becomes a monster.

In his book The Unforeseen President, John Perry writes: If you say nothing masscom will pillory you. If you dodge it, masscom will chase you. If you do not know the answer, it will place a dunce cap on your head. If you make an error, it will play that sound bite again and again until the whole world is laughing at you. If you misstate something it will mock you endlessly. If you apologise for the mistake it will project you as weak and flip flopping. If you argue you will be portrayed as thin-skinned…if you hit the right answer the masscom geniuses will crucify you for your gall."

The other fact he underscores is that masscom is unforgiving. If you were not conjured up and presented by the Press, it will never fully embrace you. They have to invent you to love you.

Irani came out of nowhere, a Modi choice without the tacit approval of the media and that is a cardinal sin. She is not a media invention.

Ms Irani is also trapped in the sticky web of a journalism that has lost its way
‘Masscom has ceased to be journalism. It resists the difficult, tiring labour of digging out facts. It chooses instead the safe, lazy course of following a political agenda, colouring events as it sees fit for the public.’

The agenda here is clear; we have to cut her to size. She is becoming too big for her swimsuit.

Media's agenda is clear: Smriti Irani, Modi's spunky, articulate minister must be cut down to size - Firstpost

@Rain Man @noksss @arbit @Levina and other smriti fans - good read !

I thought Susan Boyle was a Scottish.. & the show was Britain Got Talent, not American Idol! :P

Absentee prince: By not responding to Smriti Irani in Parliament, Rahul Gandhi proved critics right - Firstpost

A few days ago, the India Today magazine predicted a revival of sorts for Rahul Gandhi, arguing that he was emerging as a challenger to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Dissing the argument, somebody made an interesting remark. "Nobody can dislodge Modi till two factors do not change: oil prices and Rahul Gandhi."

On Wednesday, when Gandhi disappeared from Parliament, squeaking a meek apology when Smriti Irani was roaring on the floor, he proved his critics right.

In running away from a battle that he had himself started, Gandhi proved that whatever hidden virtues he may have, leading from the front and looking the enemy in the eye, is not one of them.

sandipan seems really pissed :rofl:

Durga, JNU and Rohith Vemula: How Rahul Gandhi could have countered Smriti Irani in Parliament - Firstpost

Back
Top Bottom