What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Some food for thought ,

Unskilled worker Ajeet: no interest in politics, but will vote Nitish

Elections are not just about politicians. They're about people and issues. And what will really drive their vote.

Catch is, therefore, starting a 'People of Bihar' series, which will daily capture what different impact groups across the state are feeling. This is true insight on the Bihar election: up-close and hyper-personal.

Poverty-stricken families in Bihar are often compelled to put their children to work at a young age. Ajeet Kumar Patel, 20, hails from one such family.

The Patels hail from the Lalganj area in the Vaishali district. The nearest big city is Hajipur, 20 kilometres away, while the state capital Patna is a further 20 kilometres away, across the Ganga.

Education was never a priority for the family - Ajeet has only studied still Class VII. His father is a mason in Kolkata, while his elder brother is a daily wage labourer in Mumbai. His mother is also a labourer, in Lalganj itself.

In the struggle to make ends meet, Ajeet has no time for politics. In fact, he represents thousands of voters who just do not have the time to keep track of all the information about elections, political parties and leaders.

Having left his previous job, his primary concern is to find a new one soon, in order to get back to earning approximately Rs 9,000 per month.

In the interim, he is back in Lalganj and plans to stay there over the Diwali-Chhath holidays period. And that's why he'll get a chance to vote in an assembly election for the first time.

Here's more from our conversation with him.

Have you decided who you'll vote for?

I'll vote for Nitish Kumar.

Why?

He has done some good work. Earlier, our village had no electricity. Now, it has power supply just like Delhi or Mumbai. He has improved roads. Money is distributed in schools for uniforms.

Do you know which other major leaders are in the fray?

Munna Shukla (MLA from Lalganj), Ram Vilas Paswan, and Nitish Kumar. I don't know who else is there.

Are there areas where Nitish has failed?

He must have... I do not have that much knowledge. I live outside the state for the most part. It is only a matter of coincidence that I will be voting this time.

"Nitish's good work is being discussed in Bihar as well as in Surat where I work," says Ajeet Patel

But you said know about Nitish's good work...

Yes, because people discuss it here as well as in Surat. I don't have much interest in politics.

You said you are going to vote for Nitish. Do you know which party he belongs to?

Yes, he is from the party with the arrow symbol.

Have you ever heard of Narendra Modi?

Yes, he is the Prime Minister. He belongs to the party with the lotus symbol.

Do you have any idea how he is working?

As I said, I do not watch the news. If any of my friends puts on the news in Surat, I start feeling sleepy.

All I know is that he makes a lot of foreign trips. If that's the case, he must be doing something.

Why do you have no interest in politics?

Politics is not going to give me dal-roti. Such things suit you only when your stomach is full. Therefore, I choose to retain knowledge about only those who can give me money.

Don't say.

He is a rabid Khalistani who spew venom against Hindus, and he and Prometheus probably believes that Arvind Kejariwal is their 11th Guru.

Only Roybot has called him out as a bigot he is. Ranjeet and Echo are soft on him as he is a drug addict Punjabi, and they feel sympathetic towards him as his state has gone to dogs, though it is something whose compete responsibility is on their own shoulders. No one forced Punjabis to take Drugs, and even before Junkie problem, they has rampant Alcoholism. Only Drug of choice has changed.

11th guru comment was uncalled for dude,I request you to delete that comment

11th guru comment was uncalled for dude,I request you to delete that comment

Why ? Since they don't have a 11th guru, it was a play of words designed to highlight how uncle Keju is now considered a holy Righteous man by the Aaptards.

Why ? Since they don't have a 11th guru, it was a play of words designed to highlight how uncle Keju is now considered a holy Righteous man by the Aaptards.

Still we should refrain from commenting on such sesntive matters repeated to religion of our Sikh brothers

On topic
@magudi @ranjeet @Star Wars @JanjaWeed
Shotgun has confirmed that BJP will win:yahoo:

Still we should refrain from commenting on such sesntive matters repeated to religion of our Sikh brothers

Not only the Sikhs, .... but even the muslims, christians, jain, Hindu Indians are our brothers too. I see no reason to grant them special privilege that insulates them from insults which other Indians don't enjoy.

They get the same amount of respect and disrespect any other Indian gets from fellow Indians of all colour, hue, race, language and ethnicity.

Not only the Sikhs, .... but even the muslims, christians, jain, Hindu Indians are our brothers too. I see no reason to grant them special privilege that insulates them from insults which other Indians don't enjoy.

They get the same amount of respect and disrespect any other Indian gets from fellow Indians of all colour, hue, race, language and ethnicity.
unfortunately you are 100% correct in this..I have seen the so called guys,who now crying like flag bearers of morality here openly mocking Christian and Islamic religious figures through out this forum..may be because of their cultural/religious ties like you have earlier mentioned..Though personally i am against tagging religious figures unnecessary..

unfortunately you are 100% correct in this..I have seen the so called guys,who now crying like flag bearers of morality here openly mocking Christian and Islamic religious figures through out this forum..may be because of their cultural/religious ties like you have earlier mentioned..Though personally i am against tagging religious figures unnecessary..

You either mock everybody or don't mock anybody.

You either mock everybody or don't mock anybody.
Suppose if he was a Christian or a Muslim,or it was rabid evangelist/jihadi instead of rabid kalistani or 2nd messiah or prophet instead of 11 th guru.you were showered with brownie points by the same morality flag bearers...To be honest these guys are the bigots of the highest order..

What if an infant files a complaint calling for a ban on azaan in Masjid citing noise pollution? Will the judiciary oblige?

Wonder what justice Kurian JOSEPH would have to say on that...

Suppose if he was a Christian or a Muslim,or it was rabid evangelist/jihadi instead of rabid kalistani or 2nd messiah or prophet instead of 11 th guru.you were showered with brownie points by the same morality flag bearers...To be honest these guys are the bigots of the highest order..

We can't even celebrate our own festivals in our own country, you expect people not to get angry ?

@he-man as i said ,useless being majority . Cant even celebrate Diwali properly for 1 day

@Darmashkian word is going around that 5forty3 and some others have been bought to confuse Right wingers..and for some reason i have to agree. Ground reports are entirely different...

LOL...what moral authority do you have to abuse them ? :lol:

Spare me your fake righteousness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom