What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

AAP did not fight those elections, so BJP winning it or not isn't really much of a concern to me though I would have personally wanted BJP to lose.... But at the end of the day naah I am not concerned:pop:

Was concerned enough to reply .. lol

But you right now must be having Butt hurt since 10th February 2015. Isn't it?:D

NOt really, am not the one living in Delhi. Its the people of Delhi which will be butthurt for next 5 years...

Well Centre may/may not need to ask but since Delhi Transport Commissioner and the Delhi Transport Department lay down the rules and regulations for vehicular traffic movement which is controlled by Delhi Government so in a sense yes Central Government do have to co-ordinate and get necessary permissions... This excerpt from a news article proves my point...
“In Delhi’s specific case, there is a very peculiar situation where the Delhi Transport Commissioner and the Delhi Transport Department lay down the rules and regulations for vehicular traffic movement but the enforcement authority of these rules is traffic police which comes under Ministry of Home Affairs.
“Taking advantage of this duality, the enforcement authority -- Traffic Police -- says it is Delhi administration’s job and Delhi administration says that the enforcement is police’s job. Between the two, criminals get away,” the member said.
In the paradoxical situation, the committee had summoned Police Commissioner, Delhi Transport Commissioner, Delhi Traffic Police chief, Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport and National Informatics Centre officials to discuss the issues.
“One of the most important problems that we have come across is the inter-relationship between the central and the state governments. You find multiplicity of authority,” the member said.
Source:
Panel wants traffic police under Delhi Govt - The Hindu
Transport
Defence Ministry Takes Full Control of R-Day Parade Route
So in short, Centre doesn't have absolute control of Delhi and would need State's nod in certain matters...:coffee:

Delhi is not a state, it is a Union territory and Delhi govt. commands very little power in reality in Delhi. Republic day parade is entirely under the center. The state govt. cannot do anything about it.

lol , lets not be hypocritical here brodr, if it was jst about humanity, AAP have been indifferent to the sufferings of kashmiri pandits , they nvr spoke abt thousands of innocent tamilians that killed by SL army. they never cared about the sufferings of minorities in pakistan.. but, then y is aap trying to be more arab than arabs themselves ??
Do you have any proof which shows that AAP is indifferent to the sufferings of Kashmiri Pandits, innocents tamilians, minorities of other countries? AAP came out with a statement against Israel as per the context. Check the publishing date of the article/statement, it will coincide with the dates of attacks on Gaza... AAP did clearly state "We oppose oppression wherever and in what ever form it happens"

Source: Aam Aadmi Party Rallies for Palestinian Rights -The New Indian Express

Now compare this with your so-called protector who doesn't even stand for the people they claim to support

Source: Temple bill: Kashmiri Pandits upset over BJP's opposition | Business Standard News

Hypocrisy!!! Well Yes I can see who's the hypocrite over here....:coffee:

Relationship with israel is not just abt business, though we didn't have any diplomatic relationships with israel untill 1985, they supplied us with imp images and missiles at the peak of the 1999 war..states like bihar have an agreement with israel to improve there agriculture output... aap wants to destroy all of this jst bcz they want to garner votes of one particular community ??I do want India to be neutral as far as israel-palestine imbroglio is concerned.. but anti-national parties like aap have to keep themselves out of this ...
No country does things without their self interest, So you getting touchy over their so-called help is going unheeded. Is Israel giving you all the technology and weapons for free? It does business, tomorrow if Pakistan normalizes its relation with Israel and starts doing business with it, You might not be able to see the same "friendly" Israel... What AAP is doing is nothing but following Mahatma Gandhi's principle stand on Palestine issue...? You have a problem with that, go ahead speak out, we live in a democracy but branding anyone or everyone "anti-national" just because they don't buy your arguments is utterly wrong on your part...

:enjoy:
75634_718797461474676_664923141_n-796794.jpg

This can easily be replaced by Bhakts and their feigned logic... Do you want me to post something similar with Bhakts and their logic...

Was concerned enough to reply .. lol
Because you were going bonkers over your so-called wins, so I was just enlightening you...

NOt really, am not the one living in Delhi. Its the people of Delhi which will be butthurt for next 5 years...
But that Butt hurt is visible right now in your posts:D
Anyways let's wait n watch to see who's gonna have the last laugh....

Delhi is not a state, it is a Union territory and Delhi govt. commands very little power in reality in Delhi. Republic day parade is entirely under the center. The state govt. cannot do anything about it.
Yes Delhi Government commands very little power but as pointed out earlier with sources, centre still needs certain permissions from Delhi Government to carry out some of the activities...

Last edited:
Because you were going bonkers over your so-called wins, so I was just enlightening you...

Says the person who was dreaming of BJP mukt bharat :lol:

But that Butt hurt is visible right now in your posts:D
Anyways let's wait n watch to see who's gonna have the last laugh....

Been ever visible from your likes after the massive debacle on LS2014 and series of elections after that :lol: Its cute to see you rejoice over a union territory with very little power. :lol:

Yes Delhi Government commands very little power but as pointed out earlier with sources, centre still needs certain permissions from Delhi Government to carry out some of the activities...

Your sources really proved nothing. Centre does not need any help from Delhi govt. for republic day parade. Its a National event not a state event.

Says the person who was dreaming of BJP mukt bharat :lol:
Yes that is why I am asking you to wait and watch...:toast_sign:

Been ever visible from your likes after the massive debacle on LS2014 and series of elections after that :lol: Its cute to see you rejoice over a union territory with very little power. :lol:
What an irony!!! Shah Baba went all out just to win a Union territory... Classic case of Sour grapes...:lol:

Your sources really proved nothing. Centre does not need any help from Delhi govt. for republic day parade. Its a National event not a state event.
You have nothing apart from rhetoric... I posted you sources which clearly stated that Centre does need to coordinate with State Govt when conducting some of its activities, yet as expected you come back with a vague statements...

Last edited:
Do you have any proof which shows that AAP is indifferent to the sufferings of Kashmiri Pandits, innocents tamilians, minorities of other countries? AAP came out with a statement against Israel as per the context. Check the publishing date of the article/statement, it will coincide with the dates of attacks on Gaza... AAP did clearly state "We oppose oppression wherever and in what ever form it happens"

Source: Aam Aadmi Party Rallies for Palestinian Rights -The New Indian Express

Now compare this with your so-called protector who doesn't even stand for the people they claim to support

Source: Temple bill: Kashmiri Pandits upset over BJP's opposition | Business Standard News

Hypocrisy!!! Well Yes I can see who's the hypocrite over here....:coffee:

lol do they have even a stand towards the plight of pandits or tamilians ?? I never saw them expressing solidarity towards kashmiri pundits on the 25th anniversary of kashmiri exodous day ?? did they ever spoke anything about the plight of tamilians ?? but , they are ready to demand for cancellation of business deal with israel for a conflict with palestiene. does this conflict really affect our securuity to cancel our relationship ? If humanity is the only stand on which they demand this, then shouldn't we stop our business with U.S for killing millions of innocent Iraqis , saudis for sponsoring terrorism worldwide , iran for helping assad and killing innocent syrians , china for forcefully occupying tibet , xinjiang and forcefully changing the demography of these lands by forcing han chinese in to these lands ??
does aap has the same stand for all these countries or do they want to sweep away this ques under the blanket by saying that we stand for every opressed , but we raise our voice only for gaza ??

as far as BJP is concerned the temple bill isn't as imp when compared to rehabillitating the pundits is concerned. Bjp took sme impressive steps in making this vague dream come true...

No country does things without their self interest, So you getting touchy over their so-called help is going unheeded. Is Israel giving you all the technology and weapons for free? It does business, tomorrow if Pakistan normalizes its relation with Israel and starts doing business with it, You might not be able to see the same "friendly" Israel... What AAP is doing is nothing but following Mahatma Gandhi's principle stand on Palestine issue...? You have a problem with that, go ahead speak out, we live in a democracy but branding anyone or everyone "anti-national" just because they don't buy your arguments is utterly wrong on your part...

out of 194 countries in the world it was only israel that went an extra step in order to help India , at a tym when it is helpless... did they have any self-interests surely they must have had self interests .. but those interests were mutually beneficial we gained much from the diplomatic relationships with israel. moreover , isn't India having the same stand on palestiene as gandhi said ?? we voted against israel at U.N wat else can we do ?? when arabs are O.K with israel and have there businesses with them , y does aap wants India to be more arab than arabs themselves ??

I completely agree with indias stand for a free palestinian state , but does India have to prove this commitment by risking our relationship with israel ?? surely not !! what really appals me is when Indians and our political parties whine abt the sufferings of foreignrs while turning a blind eye towards d suffering of fellow indians.. what these so called self professed liberals forget is that no arab gives two hoots abt the suffering of indians on the hands of pakistan...

This can easily be replaced by Bhakts and their feigned logic... Do you want me to post something similar with Bhakts and their logic...

surely u can post many posts on bhakts , but i am not a blind bhakt to be irked by those posts.. I am rationale enough to ques bjp on there shortcomings...

I called aap anti national nt bcz there thoughts dsnt sinc with mine , I was among the initial few who supported aap frantically. but it is there ideology that aghasts me.. prashant bhushan comments on afspa and liberating kashmir , dubbing everyone to be corrupt who dont fall in to there line, running away frm govt jst when kejriwal gt to know tat making election promises isn't as similar as delivering them. building of 20 new colleges and 500 new schools in delhi ?? lets see hw far they deliver. there anti corporate stand ? how do they intend to provide jobs for youth by taking a communist stand ? and the recent aap mla promoting propoganda on batla house encounter . btw did they ever gave condolences to the cop who was killed in this operation ?? last tym i checked aap is jst using this encounter to build on there political mileage. last thing kejriwal meeting and asking support of a imam who asked for the head of tasleema nasreen and said he would pay 5lk to those who kill her ?? seriously ?? wat do u call people with these ideologies ?/

Can someone outline what the AAP's development commitment is in Delhi? Delhi is by far the most modern and developed city in India in terms of infrastructure, I want to know what the AAP will do to improve the city or if they are committed to simply f*cking it all up.

lol do they have even a stand towards the plight of pandits or tamilians ?? I never saw them expressing solidarity towards kashmiri pundits on the 25th anniversary of kashmiri exodous day ?? did they ever spoke anything about the plight of tamilians ?? but , they are ready to demand for cancellation of business deal with israel for a conflict with palestiene. does this conflict really affect our securuity to cancel our relationship ? If humanity is the only stand on which they demand this, then shouldn't we stop our business with U.S for killing millions of innocent Iraqis , saudis for sponsoring terrorism worldwide , iran for helping assad and killing innocent syrians , china for forcefully occupying tibet , xinjiang and forcefully changing the demography of these lands by forcing han chinese in to these lands ??
does aap has the same stand for all these countries or do they want to sweep away this ques under the blanket by saying that we stand for every opressed , but we raise our voice only for gaza ??

How many times has BJP and its affiliates not called for war with Pakistan and wiping it off the map, so did BJP when in power do any such kind of thing? No they didn't. The reason being that they understood the realities of Geo-politics. What makes you think AAP will not do the same when in power, even Congress who "owns" the Gandhi legacy more or less ignored Gandhiji's saying and started to have relations with Israel. And speaking about the plight of Kashmiri Pandits, Just tell me what has attracted more eyeballs in the mainstream media? Kashmiri Pandits, Tamilians or Palestinians? Obviously it is the Gaza which gets more attention all around the world. So AAP reacting to it is normal and even this AFAIK was not raised by Delhi unit but came from the Tamil unit of AAP. Since AAP is still a new party, you have to wait and watch to look into what they opine over the issues you mentioned.

as far as BJP is concerned the temple bill isn't as imp when compared to rehabillitating the pundits is concerned. Bjp took sme impressive steps in making this vague dream come true...
So what steps have been taken? BJP was in power for almost 6 years(Including Vajpayee's term)... Why has their been no rehabilitation yet? What are they waiting for? BJP only remembers Kashmiri Pandits during election rallies else they sit quiet over it...

out of 194 countries in the world it was only israel that went an extra step in order to help India , at a tym when it is helpless... did they have any self-interests surely they must have had self interests .. but those interests were mutually beneficial we gained much from the diplomatic relationships with israel. moreover , isn't India having the same stand on palestiene as gandhi said ?? we voted against israel at U.N wat else can we do ?? when arabs are O.K with israel and have there businesses with them , y does aap wants India to be more arab than arabs themselves ??
Fair enough but let me remind you that most of the Arab countries still don't recognize Israel...

I completely agree with indias stand for a free palestinian state , but does India have to prove this commitment by risking our relationship with israel ?? surely not !! what really appals me is when Indians and our political parties whine abt the sufferings of foreignrs while turning a blind eye towards d suffering of fellow indians.. what these so called self professed liberals forget is that no arab gives two hoots abt the suffering of indians on the hands of pakistan...
What has India done for Palestine other than just giving verbal support? So what do you expect in return? Yet many from our country are employed in these Arab countries which is mutually beneficial to each other. It helps our country through remittances and inturn also reduce the unemployment. So can you dump them for Israel? And I can also ask the same question to you... Why does Sangh Parivar worry about foreign nationals(Pakistani and Bangladeshi Hindus) when we already have enough people in our country who need help?

I called aap anti national nt bcz there thoughts dsnt sinc with mine , I was among the initial few who supported aap frantically. but it is there ideology that aghasts me.. prashant bhushan comments on afspa and liberating kashmir ,
You can't term a person anti-national just because your thoughts don't match with his. What Bhushan has said is his personal opinion and AAP has clarified that. And where did he speak of liberating Kashmir? He said people should have the free will to chose for themselves. Is that wrong? Let me tell you more ex-soldiers got tickets from AAP than any other party and that speaks a lot about how high these soldiers think of AAP...

Source: Ex Soldiers who are fighting in Lok Sabha Elections,2014. | Defence Lover

dubbing everyone to be corrupt who dont fall in to there line,
AAP named Gadkari, Vadra, BJP state president etc as corrupt... So my question is, Aren't they corrupt? They got away because of lack of evidence(What we call prosecutable evidence). Do you want me to go in detail with each and every person? Why was Bedi brought in when the allegations made by AAP were bogus? Does this not imply that they did have some shady things under their belt?

running away frm govt jst when kejriwal gt to know tat making election promises isn't as similar as delivering them. building of 20 new colleges and 500 new schools in delhi ?? lets see hw far they deliver. there anti corporate stand ? how do they intend to provide jobs for youth by taking a communist stand ? and the recent aap mla promoting propoganda on batla house encounter . btw did they ever gave condolences to the cop who was killed in this operation ?? last tym i checked aap is jst using this encounter to build on there political mileage. last thing kejriwal meeting and asking support of a imam who asked for the head of tasleema nasreen and said he would pay 5lk to those who kill her ?? seriously ?? wat do u call people with these ideologies ?/
Kejriwal did accept that he made a mistake. And as far as his election promises are concerned, let's wait and watch... Didn't AAP after realizing where they have ventured into the wrong area decided to shed off this secular-communal thing and you can see the result in the recent "fatwa" fiasco. Isn't that good? Can you say the same about BJP leaders? In fact top leaders met terror accused such as Sadhvis and Purohits... So what do you have to say about it?
images

Source:
Uma Bharti wants to meet Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya
Pragya feels 'betrayed' by Rajnath, pins hope on Modi - The Times of India

Last edited:
How many times has BJP and its affiliates not called for war with Pakistan and wiping it off the map, so did BJP when in power do any such kind of thing? No they didn't. The reason being that they understood the realities of Geo-politics. What makes you think AAP will not do the same when in power, even Congress who "owns" the Gandhi legacy more or less ignored Gandhiji's saying and started to have relations with Israel. And speaking about the plight of Kashmiri Pandits, Just tell me what has attracted more eyeballs in the mainstream media? Kashmiri Pandits, Tamilians or Palestinians? Obviously it is the Gaza which gets more attention all around the world. So AAP reacting to it is normal and even this AFAIK was not raised by Delhi unit but came from the Tamil unit of AAP. Since AAP is still a new party, you have to wait and watch to look into what they opine over the issues you mentioned.

So what steps have been taken? BJP was in power for almost 6 years(Including Vajpayee's term)... Why has their been no rehabilitation yet? What are they waiting for? BJP only remembers Kashmiri Pandits during election rallies else they sit quiet over it...

Fair enough but let me remind you that most of the Arab countries still don't recognize Israel...

What has India done for Palestine other than just giving verbal support? So what do you expect in return? Yet many from our country are employed in these Arab countries which is mutually beneficial to each other. It helps our country through remittances and inturn also reduce the unemployment. So can you dump them for Israel? And I can also ask the same question to you... Why does Sangh Parivar worry about foreign nationals(Pakistani and Bangladeshi Hindus) when we already have enough people in our country who need help?

You can't term a person anti-national just because your thoughts don't match with his. What Bhushan has said is his personal opinion and AAP has clarified that. And where did he speak of liberating Kashmir? He said people should have the free will to chose for themselves. Is that wrong? Let me tell you more ex-soldiers got tickets from AAP than any other party and that speaks a lot about how high these soldiers think of AAP...

Source: Ex Soldiers who are fighting in Lok Sabha Elections,2014. | Defence Lover

AAP named Gadkari, Vadra, BJP state president etc as corrupt... So my question is, Aren't they corrupt? They got away because of lack of evidence(What we call prosecutable evidence). Do you want me to go in detail with each and every person? Why was Bedi brought in when the allegations made by AAP were bogus? Does this not imply that they did have some shady things under their belt?

Kejriwal did accept that he made a mistake. And as far as his election promises are concerned, let's wait and watch... Didn't AAP after realizing where they have ventured into the wrong area decided to shed off this secular-communal thing and you can see the result in the recent "fatwa" fiasco. Isn't that good? Can you say the same about BJP leaders? In fact top leaders met terror accused such as Sadhvis and Purohits... So what do you have to say about it?
images

Source:

They are just accuse in that case ,visiting them is not a big crime ....Many Kerala Leaders including Chief minister visited Bangalore blast accused Madani ....And CpI(M) ,Congress ,IUML leaders shared stage with him on his daughters marriage ....

Yes that is why I am asking you to wait and watch...:toast_sign:

Yeah, ill be doing that, like forever :lol:

What an irony!!! Shah Baba went all out just to win a Union territory... Classic case of Sour grapes...:lol:

Stepping in 15 days before the elections isn't "go all". You should really stop having nightmares about him.

You have nothing apart from rhetoric... I posted you sources which clearly stated that Centre does need to coordinate with State Govt when conducting some of its activities, yet as expected you come back with a vague statements...

They do not need to ask their permission. Which is the point, The Centre can conduct the republic day Parade All Kejri can do is sulk and sit on a Dharna but its not going to change.

images

Source:

chill kar bhai , there are gng to be more fierce debates in the days ahead.. :partay:

last i checked , sadhvi pragya was kept in jail for the last 5-6 years and not even a single charge was filed against her and no proof is being submitted about her involvement in malegaon blast all cong-ncp tried to do is torture her through maharastra apa... IF she wasn't a hindu sadhvi human rights organisations and our media would have made a huge hue and cry over this incident.. justice have to be served to sadhvi pragya , if she was involved in the blast she need to be punished by the law or else she has to be left free.

Can someone outline what the AAP's development commitment is in Delhi? Delhi is by far the most modern and developed city in India in terms of infrastructure, I want to know what the AAP will do to improve the city or if they are committed to simply f*cking it all up.

They want to make delhi corruption free.

Wifi for free across delhi .

Half price in electricity .

Water free across delhi

500 new school

20 new collage

Parking spaces

House in place of juggi free..

Etc.

And yes they want delhi to become full state ...

This article explains things well.
AAP manifesto: A flight of fancy out of sync with economic realities - Firstpost

If elected, AAP tells us, it will demand full statehood for Delhi, seek control of the Delhi Police (now under the home ministry), and run the city-state with the help of nearly 3,000-3,500 mohalla sabhas (each comprising around 500-1,000 households). It will build Delhi’s own power plant, create 500 new schools and 20 new colleges, quadruple the number of secondary and tertiary public hospital beds, recruit 4,000 doctors and 15,000 paramedics, build two lakh public toilets, invest in public transport, and generally abolish contract labour everywhere.

In other words, Arvind Kejriwal plans to build a socialist paradise in Delhi at huge cost. And yes, he will do what he did the last time in his 49-day government: give every household 700 litres of free water and cut electricity tariffs by 50 percent. And, of course, he will legislate the draconian Jan Lokpal bill so that the corrupt are reined in.

In a 42-page manifesto, the question of how all this extravaganza is going to be funded gets almost no mention. The only indication that AAP will somehow try and marry finite resources with infinite promises comes towards the end, where it solves the equation with two glib statements.

First, the manifesto claims (unconvincingly) that “the common theme across all policy interventions is the following motto: big change without big spending.” It is good to know that power plants, hospitals and schools can be built without much moolah.

They want to make delhi corruption free.

Wifi for free across delhi .

Half price in electricity .

Water free across delhi

500 new school

20 new collage

Parking spaces

House in place of juggi free..

Etc.

And yes they want delhi to become full state ...
Other than the schools and colleges promises everything else is incredibly underwhelming. Look at the development plans Mumbai has, they'll be setting up colossal infrastructure in the next 4-5 years, new highways, bridges, airports, skyscrapers, more train lines, more metro lines etc etc

Has the AAP mentioned anything about the RRTS? This will be a game changer in transport in the NCR and for sure under the BJP this would have been implemented (the Congress even took the first steps). Half price electricity is absurd and not economically viable and free wifi is a gimmick, real tangible development is the need of the hour across India not this populism.

@Guynextdoor2 any inputs? Do you not think the capital of India needs a healthy dose of infrastructure development, anti-corrutpion can't be all the AAP are aiming to do, India and Delhi cannot afford 5 years of stalled progress.

This article explains things well.
AAP manifesto: A flight of fancy out of sync with economic realities - Firstpost

If elected, AAP tells us, it will demand full statehood for Delhi, seek control of the Delhi Police (now under the home ministry), and run the city-state with the help of nearly 3,000-3,500 mohalla sabhas (each comprising around 500-1,000 households). It will build Delhi’s own power plant, create 500 new schools and 20 new colleges, quadruple the number of secondary and tertiary public hospital beds, recruit 4,000 doctors and 15,000 paramedics, build two lakh public toilets, invest in public transport, and generally abolish contract labour everywhere.

In other words, Arvind Kejriwal plans to build a socialist paradise in Delhi at huge cost. And yes, he will do what he did the last time in his 49-day government: give every household 700 litres of free water and cut electricity tariffs by 50 percent. And, of course, he will legislate the draconian Jan Lokpal bill so that the corrupt are reined in.

In a 42-page manifesto, the question of how all this extravaganza is going to be funded gets almost no mention. The only indication that AAP will somehow try and marry finite resources with infinite promises comes towards the end, where it solves the equation with two glib statements.

First, the manifesto claims (unconvincingly) that “the common theme across all policy interventions is the following motto: big change without big spending.” It is good to know that power plants, hospitals and schools can be built without much moolah.
Great, not only do they appear to have very modest developmental goals but even these modest goals seem unviable for anarchists like them.

Who actually votes for a party like this??

Back
Top Bottom