What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Aunty ge yava tensionu hagilla. As per need basis and looking at budget constrains trains kottirutare. Next railway budget alli Kerala ge vasa trains kodbahudu. Aavage ninna abhipraaya dalli bewarsi makkalu honarable makkalu haggutara?
bara varsha train kanditta kodi beku..illandre avaaga nodtini..Kerala dalli train passangers kadime ide anta yaar helidu nimge??..eshtu jana prayaana maadthaare gotha??eshtu jana bere state alli kelasa maadthaare gotha??even,Bangalore city ollagade kooda hathu laksha malayalis iruthe..prathi varsha eshtu tourist Kerala ge barthaare gotha??...eegane train alli sikkapatte rushu..kelavu time alli vond train kooda illa..adakke naanu ishtu raise aayittu...

bara varsha train kanditta kodi beku..illandre avaaga nodtini..Kerala dalli train passangers kadime ide anta yaar helidu nimge??..eshtu jana prayaana maadthaare gotha??eshtu jana bere state alli kelasa maadthaare gotha??even,Bangalore city ollagade kooda hathu laksha malayalis iruthe..prathi varsha eshtu tourist Kerala ge barthaare gotha??...eegane train alli sikkapatte rushu..kelavu time alli vond train kooda illa..adakke naanu ishtu raise aayittu...

Okay, I will put in a word to PM Modi to not antagonize you next year too. I do not know what is the reason Kerala was left out, but am certain that it was not due to any bias or neglect.

Sorry to say but not a totally path breaking budget. But then BJP has been in power for less than 2 months. So its understandable. Would have liked that retrospective taxation to do away with.But matter seems to be more complex than I thought.

Generally I agree that they need more time to deliver, but not in this case! The budget is not a short term matter, but shows what will be done within the 1 year, so that has nothing to do with being only in power for 1 month, but more with their "intend" of work they want to do in 1 year.
From the "intend" point of view however, this must be a huge disappointment for many Indians (if we are honest), since it's not the "intended" change that was expected or hoped for. Look at the defence budget and the expectations about FDI raise to 100% and budget increase to 20 or even 25%.
And I also don't understand why they kept the retrospective tax, since that is one of the key problems for foreign companies and when the aim is to attract more foreign players to come to India, it would had been logical to remove that right?
There are surely some interesting points and it will be interesting to see how they turn out, but by far not the big push to change something in a meaningful way. And again, if that is the "intend" of the BJP/NDA with such a clear vote in favour for them, without any limitations because of coalition partners, it seems to be far less than one could have expected.

That's actually exactly why I asked some months ago if India should not be voting AAP, if a real major change is what everybody wants, or if a simple change from UPA to NDA can really make it?

My guess is that UPA government with it's squandering of the economic growth by it's second terms probably left a bloodier mess than we thought.

Even the BJP is now giving the same reasons of the limited growth, so still denying the fact that there are external reasons mainly for the reductions and just blaming UPA doesn get India anywhere. Especially when even the same reasons are the base for growth increase estimates to 6 or 7% in the next 2 to 3 years.
The main problem however for UPA back then and NDA today is the same as well, "inflation"! But here again, there doesn't seems too much differences in the ways to tackle it. In fact the recent price rises of the new government and possibly some more after the coming elections in some states, does not really help reduce inflation or?

Even the BJP is now giving the same reasons of the limited growth, so still denying the fact that there are external reasons mainly for the reductions and just blaming UPA doesn get India anywhere. Especially when even the same reasons are the base for growth increase estimates to 6 or 7% in the next 2 to 3 years.
The main problem however for UPA back then and NDA today is the same as well, "inflation"! But here again, there doesn't seems too much differences in the ways to tackle it. In fact the recent price rises of the new government and possibly some more after the coming elections in some states, does not really help reduce inflation or?

at the end of the day, electoral politics is be all and end all for our politicians.

Why are people expcting problem created in a decade to be solved in 6 weeks?
we are in a hole and it will take a few years to touch growth rate.
a few additional to reduce CAD.

Okay, I will put in a word to PM Modi to not antagonize you next year too. I do not know what is the reason Kerala was left out, but am certain that it was not due to any bias or neglect.

Meh.

I can see the reasons though. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are two centres of activity.

If at all a train is commissioned, it would be better utilised to facilitate more tourism to the state.

Why are people expcting problem created in a decade to be solved in 6 weeks?
we are in a hole and it will take a few years to touch growth rate.
a few additional to reduce CAD.

Jaitley said it will take five years to reach 7% growth.

That's a pretty deep hole. This government has a lot of work to do.

Which also is an understatement, rather than a statement to give hope of change. UPA and most foreign economic experts estimates, are much more hopeful, because the global financial situation is changing, which means more investments into India, more exports from India are expected. The BJP now has to take this chance and improve everything that is possible to increase the attraction to foreign investors. The push to infrastructure and FDI increases therefore is very welcomed, but as mentioned earlier, sticking to retrospective tax isn't.

Meh.
I can see the reasons though. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are two centres of activity.
If at all a train is commissioned, it would be better utilised to facilitate more tourism to the state.

I do not see Karnataka doing anything much, but yeah TN is brimming with activity. Agree with you on trains to Kerala to help facilitate tourism growth.

Recap (30.08.2013):

THE LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION (SHRI ARUN JAITLEY):

...As for policy decision, here leadership was required not only for policy directives. You can indicate that some difficult decisions took place during 2009 and 2011, but when some fiscal suggestions were made, including suggestions for retrospective taxation, the Prime Minister should have, as an eminent economist and leader of the Government, applied himself as to what the long-term impact of this was going to be. In each of these decisions, you lost the trust of global investors; you lost the trust of domestic investors. Therefore, merely to say that there are global factors, there is a crisis in Syria, that others are also doing very badly...

Bharatiya Janata Party

My guess is that UPA government with it's squandering of the economic growth by it's second terms probably left a bloodier mess than we thought.

Probably a good guess. I believe the fiscal deficit is pretty alarming & the GoI had simply dressed up the figures to suggest otherwise. Jaitley (& Modi) supposedly decided against publishing this fact because of a real fear of a ratings downgrade & permanent damage to India's reputation with international rating agencies.

However this does not explain the truly insipid budget. The only explanation possible is that this government either believes they will simply have better luck than the UPA & incremental steps will be enough or they have decided that the reforms are going to come outside of the budget. I really hope that it is the latter. My only problem is that Jaitley as FM does not yet inspire a lot of confidence. Would have been much more comfortable if someone like Shourie was in that job. We will have to wait & see, the next budget and the period in between will probably give a clearer picture.

small correction

Aim to achieve 7-8 per cent economic growth rate in next 3-4 years, says Finance Minister : Arun Jaitley

Probably a good guess. I believe the fiscal deficit is pretty alarming & the GoI had simply dressed up the figures to suggest otherwise. Jaitley (& Modi) supposedly decided against publishing this fact because of a real fear of a ratings downgrade & permanent damage to India's reputation with international rating agencies.

However this does not explain the truly insipid budget. The only explanation possible is that this government either believes they will simply have better luck than the UPA & incremental steps will be enough or they have decided that the reforms are going to come outside of the budget. I really hope that it is the latter. My only problem is that Jaitley as FM does not yet inspire a lot of confidence. Would have been much more comfortable if someone like Shourie was in that job. We will have to wait & see, the next budget and the period in between will probably give a clearer picture.

Exactly.. Nobody had imagined that Jaitley will get this portfolio.. I was certain that Arun Shourie will get the job. But something happened in Jhandewalan and Jaitley became a compromise candidate..He was more suited for Ministry of Law not Finance and Defence..

From what i see on TV , everyone expects a big bang budget in February next year. There is only so much Jaitley can do in 45 days ...

Back
Top Bottom