What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

BnKqe1HCEAAWL73.jpg:large

Ab Didi ki asliyat saamne aayegi... Excellent decision by Supreme Court...

ab to didi ko bhi bahar se samarthan dena padega

I hope iski zaroorat na pare. Both Mamta and Jaya are too damn stubborn. They will only create problems if govt. is run with their support

I have been reading & hearing about this. Don't know whether it is deliberate(the officer concerned has a good reputation locally) but I believe that it was a completely wrong decision. There can be very few grounds for a candidate, regardless of who he is, to be denied permission to campaign in his own constituency. I find the argument now put out that the area where the rally was to be held being communally sensitive etc, to be utterly silly. A candidate has a right to campaign in any part of his constituency & if there are peole assumed not to like him/her, that would be all the more reason to campaign there to change the mood. This actin by the DM(RO) would be acceptable in a different situation, never when candidates are in the middle of an election campaign.

What happened with the "road show" in any case made the adminstration's work tougher. A rally in a localised area would have been far simpler to handle.

Back
Top Bottom