What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I have a bad feeling about today's fir against Modi. We all are taking this poll code violation fir too lightly , including BJP. I just heard Abhishek Singhvi say that this matter is going to be used by Cong for a post election petition against Modi to disqualify him if he wins from vadodara . Let me remind everyone that even Indira Gandhi's election win was disqualified by a similar poll code violation petition after she won the elections.

Very unlikely...

Paswan entry into NDA was the most surprising addition to NDA this election. Just two week before striking alliance with BJP his party workers were burning Salman khans effigy for praising Modi. Waiting to see how he behaves after election will he support BJP's quest for UCC, Ram Mandir etc or will go back to his old rhetoric.

I have a bad feeling about today's fir against Modi. We all are taking this poll code violation fir too lightly , including BJP. I just heard Abhishek Singhvi say that this matter is going to be used by Cong for a post election petition against Modi to disqualify him if he wins from vadodara . Let me remind everyone that even Indira Gandhi's election win was disqualified by a similar poll code violation petition after she won the elections.

LOL...u are comparing apples with oranges....there is no comparison, Indira Gandhi was accused of massive election malpractice where she used state machinery for campaigning while here we see a very very minor issue which even technically isn't a poll code violation on following grounds:

1. he was holding press conf. outside 100 mts of polling station.
2. white lotus isn't an election symbol.
3. he was a voter in Ahmedabad, not a candidate, if he was doing this in Vododara than it was different matter, in Ahmedabad he is just an ordinary voter.
4. FIR can be launched against anyone, but ultimately there should be a valid case to prove something.
5. FIR can be taken back, which will be done post 16th when the model code of conduct will be no more.

It should be an end of Idiot Nitish, not JDU, otherwise back to good old days of Lalu in Bihar.

Unfortunately i dont see how JDU can survive without Nitish. Nitish as such was a good CM , but got booted out trying to prove his secular credentials. One mistake and how has it backfired !

Todays Poll

Punjab
1.Jailtley winning Amritsar confidentially
2.AAP divides anti sad votes,NDA on verge to win 7-9 seats.
3.BJP performers better than SAD.
4.Rural goes to SAD-BJP,urban against it .
5.AAP performs better than expected,dont know about seats,1-2 maybe,cant guess since new entity taking grudge votes.

Bihar

BJP back on track,sharad loosing ,laloo furious

Gujarat

Except vaghela no chance of others,tight in 3 seats.

UP

brahmans are voting for BJP in good numbers

Telagana

ticket splitting benefiting BJP but not TDP.
TRS way ahead in assembly

LOL...u are comparing apples with oranges....there is no comparison, Indira Gandhi was accused of massive election malpractice where she used state machinery for campaigning while here we see a very very minor issue which even technically isn't a poll code violation on following grounds:

1. he was holding press conf. outside 100 mts of polling station.
2. white lotus isn't an election symbol.
3. he was a voter in Ahmedabad, not a candidate, if he was doing this in Vododara than it was different matter, in Ahmedabad he is just an ordinary voter.
4. FIR can be launched against anyone, but ultimately there should be a valid case to prove something.
5. FIR can be taken back, which will be done post 16th when the model code of conduct will be no more.

good point , just that congies will go to any extant to keep him out

मोदी ने कमल दिखाया वो इलेक्शन कमीशन ने देख लिया। ये वीडियो उनको नज़र नहीं आता। ये सब बीके हुए हैं। कोई बड़ी बात नहीं इन्होने EVM मशीनों में भी सेटिंग की हुई हो।

These people have not realized yet, that they are playing with fire! if they try to stop Modi from becoming PM on some stupid pretext, there will be huge outrage!! Aagay peechay ka saara gussa nikal jayega Congress aur uske paltoo kutay Sampath par..

So what does this disqualification, if it really happens, mean?
Disqualification can be done after the MP/MLA has been convicted for a minimum of 2 yrs for any crime. Since this poll code violation has a maximum of 2 yrs sentence , considering if the judge is harsh and gives a 2 yr jail term he can be disqualified

So what does this disqualification, if it really happens, mean?

It can only happen if he's convicted , and this case will not go anywhere in courts . Now its a judicial investigation and EC cannot do anything about it . There is really nothing in here to actually make him prove that he is guilty . Courts will ost likely castrate the EC

Disqualification can be done after the MP/MLA has been convicted for a minimum of 2 yrs for any crime. Since this poll code violation has a maximum of 2 yrs sentence , considering if the judge is harsh and gives a 2 yr jail term he can be disqualified

So if he gets the max he can never become an MP and certainly not the PM. Right?

Seriously, I challenge them to even try doing that!!

Back
Top Bottom