What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

@jha
Bhuyan prediction last time

and results
Party positions
Pos Party Contested Seats Swing
1 Indian National Congress 126 78 +22
2 All India United Democratic Front 77 18 +9
3 Bodoland People's Front 29 12 +1
4 Asom Gana Parishad 104 10 -14
5 Bharatiya Janata Party 120 5 -5
6 All India Trinamool Congress 103 1 +1
7 Independents 263 2 -9
8 Communist Party of India (Marxist) 17 0 -2
9 Communist Party of India 16 0 -1
10 Autonomous State Demand Committee 1 0 -1
Total 126

Ganesha Chaturthi started during the period of Channa Reddy . It was linked to Telangana movement which was nothing but to unite Hindus by showing the fear of Muslims .

Other than this there were hardly any significant gatherings seen in the city until 1979 when the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Marri Chenna Reddy asked Hindus to start Ganesh festival the Pune-Bombay way. Where Hindus were asked to install big Ganesh idols on roads, in localities, offices and all other public places, and encouraged them to take out a central procession at the end of Ganesh chaturthi when Idols are immersed in water. Soon after that the Bonalu festival which use be celebrated by telanganite Hindus in Pockets was also celebrated in big way and on the roads.
We need more processions in the city of Hyderabad

Its stronghold of MIM

Isnt this Prakash Singh retired officer ?

Whenever there is any news about RSS , the talks about Al Qaida starts .

Suddenly, the organization which was becoming moribund and seen to be out of tune with the times, is growing. In less than three months, more than 2,000 shakhas have sprouted across the country. By the end of 2013, there were 44,982 shakhas in India, of which 8,417 were in UP alone.
Modi effect: 2,000-odd RSS shakhas sprout in 3 months - The Times of India
I dont
Ganesha Chaturthi started during the period of Channa Reddy . It was linked to Telangana movement which was nothing but to unite Hindus by showing the fear of Muslims .

Other than this there were hardly any significant gatherings seen in the city until 1979 when the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Marri Chenna Reddy asked Hindus to start Ganesh festival the Pune-Bombay way. Where Hindus were asked to install big Ganesh idols on roads, in localities, offices and all other public places, and encouraged them to take out a central procession at the end of Ganesh chaturthi when Idols are immersed in water. Soon after that the Bonalu festival which use be celebrated by telanganite Hindus in Pockets was also celebrated in big way and on the roads.
We need more processions in the city of Hyderabad

Its stronghold of MIM

Isnt this Prakash Singh retired officer ?

Whenever there is any news about RSS , the talks about Al Qaida starts .

Suddenly, the organization which was becoming moribund and seen to be out of tune with the times, is growing. In less than three months, more than 2,000 shakhas have sprouted across the country. By the end of 2013, there were 44,982 shakhas in India, of which 8,417 were in UP alone.
Modi effect: 2,000-odd RSS shakhas sprout in 3 months - The Times of India
I dont know if you know but Ganesh festival was there way before chenna reddy and others tried and i talk about after independence when nizam ran away.People began celebrating hindu festivals with rallies.Before that it was all kind of islamic country.

Also the skull cap answer according to me just doesnt gell well. His answer of topi !! Can anybody explain why he wears Sikh Turbans , Naga Topi , etc in his rallies ?? I am finding a bit hard to believe.

P.S - hardcore Modi supporter
He meant Turban is regional not religious.So therefore he wears it to respect his traditions.

Last edited:
PM was unable to counter vested interests: former Coal Secretary PC Parakh says in memoir

At a time when a book from Prime Minister's former media advisorSanjaya Baru has created political ripples, a new book from former Coal secretary P C Parakh is going to add fuel to the fire.

In the memoir titled Crusader or Conspirator? Coalgate and other Truths, which will be released on Monday, Mr Parakh says the Prime Minister was unable to prevent his own junior ministers from blocking a move towards a more transparent system of bidding for coal blocks.

Mr Parakh has said in the book, "After the Prime Minister approved open bidding in 2004, letters poured in opposing the move. A few Ministers of States tried to scuttle the proposal, but the Prime Minister remained silent on their repeated attempts to stall open bidding."

Claiming that the Prime Minister was heading a government in which he had "little" political authority, Mr Parakh says that Dr Singh was unable to counter vested interests within his party and government.

The book, however, says that it must be said to the credit of the Prime Minister, that at no time did the Prime Minister's Office make any recommendations or exert pressure in favour of any party.

Mr Parakh, who retired as Coal Secretary in December 2005, recalled an incident when he had gone to meet the Prime Minister on a farewell call after submitting his resignation to the then Cabinet Secretary B K Chaturvedi.

Mr Parakh, 68, has said in his book that he had submitted his resignation after BJP MP Dharmendra Pradhan had insulted him during a parliamentary Standing Committee meeting and no response coming from the government.

"On August 17, 2005, I met the Prime Minister for a farewell call. I wanted to express my concern at the insult and humiliation that members of Parliament heap on civil servants and senior executives of public service undertakings," he said in his book published by Manas publications.

Mr Parakh, against whom the CBI has registered a case in coal block allocation scam, said the Prime Minister expressed anguish and stated that "he (Singh) faced similar problems every day. But it would not be in the national interest if he was to offer his resignation on every such issue."

"I do not know if the country would have got a better Prime Minister if Dr Manmohan Singh had resigned, instead of facing the humiliation of his own ministers not implementing or reversing his decision.

"By continuing to head a government in which he had little political authority, his image has been seriously dented by 2G scam and Coal-gate although he has had a spotless record of personal integrity," Mr Parakh writes.

Mr Parakh, while referring to the conversation with Dr Singh, says in the book that it had become clear there was little chance of lasting reform in the coal sector with the limitations within which the Prime Minister functioned.

PM was unable to counter vested interests: former Coal Secretary PC Parakh says in memoir | NDTV.com

Looks like there is a concerted effort from PM's close aides to rescue him being made scapegoat for UPA 2's failures. The process has begun to exonerate MMS of any blame for poll debacle post 16th May. This may not be going as per plan for Gandhi clan!

Why shoot the messenger? You can refute the report as a false one (which is unlikely) but questioning the journalist's intention is not a healthy sign.
If you think the political inclinations of an editor dont influence the news items they put in, I dont know what to say to you.

How many times have we seen the media putting false news about Modi/Amit Shah and how many times have we seen the "Blow to Modi" in the past 12 years ? The fact is the Delhi durbar is mighty scared of a change in the establishment order that will set in if Congress is displaced and Modi comes in, that it is a battle for survival out there. In this circumstance, every single trick will be used least of all putting out "out of context" news items.

Last edited:
If you think the political inclinations of an editor dont influence the news items they put in, I dont know what to say to you.

How many times have we seen the media putting false news about Modi/Amit Shah and how many times have we seen the "Blow to Modi" in the past 12 years ? The fact is the Delhi durbar is might scared of a change in the establishment order that will set in if Congress is displaced and Modi comes in, that it is a battle for survival out there. In this circumstance, every single trick will be used least of all putting out "out of context" news items.
abay tu zinda bhi hai

good to see you bro

Modi attacking AIADMK in TN. A clever ploy to deny any space to Congress or something else..?

Actually I don't think that's intelligent enough at all. Amma will win and no chance of BJP setting it's influence there. Rajinikant at one time had aspirations of entering politics. Both Amma and DMK cowed him down- he dare not go against them coz they'll ruin his film career. I think he decided to go ahead with the stunt of meeting Modi coz DMK decided to look away. In the state the biggest chunk of media and entertainment business actually runs through them- through Sun TV and other film outfits owned by DMK. I think DMK probably asked him to meet Modi- if there is no shakeup in the political setup they really run the risk of being cast out.

How many times have we seen the media putting false news about Modi/Amit Shah and how many times have we seen the "Blow to Modi" in the past 12 years ? The fact is the Delhi durbar is mighty scared of a change in the establishment order that will set in if Congress is displaced and Modi comes in, that it is a battle for survival out there. In this circumstance, every single trick will be used least of all putting out "out of context" news items.

You back man! :lol:

The most corrupt government in Karnataka's history. If BJP does well, it will be because of fatigue with the incompetent central government and a strong reservoir of support for Modi (not BJP). Yeddiyurappa is pretty much history & rotten history at that.

It's a tight race between the BJP & the Congress. No great advantage to one side, though a continuous buzz over Modi might alter that slightly.The state government is less than a year old & people haven;t actually forgotten the BJP government's performance. Which is why almost all BJP candidates(including Yeddy) are asking for vote in Modi's name. Ananth Kumar, the 5 time MP from Bangalore South who is in a fight with Nandan Nilekani has not much to offer except Modi. It's actually Modi v/s Congress with the BJP hanging on to Modi's coat tails for dear life.

NDTV predicted 16 seats for BJP. In view of continuous polorization taking place in favor of BJP, You may expect a rout of congress in Karnataka.

@jha

MMS was a good bureaucrat before..............i guess Sonia ensured that he remains one even after he becomes PM :D

BTW, I want Amit Shah as NSA :enjoy:

Just look at how Mamta is squirming ...

West Bengal: BJP using media power to win polls, says Mamata Banerjee - IBNLive

BJP has solid lead at 3-4 seats and is neck-neck at 2 more seats like Asansol and Howrah. Thats why BJP's candidate from Asansol Babul Supriyo ( singer ) was attacked by TMC goons.

TMC high command did not realize that over appeasement of a particular community will alienate another one in may areas of Bengal. Left parties are jubilant at this new player and have started to think they might even touch double digit. They know that BJP will harm both but will harm TMC more than Left.

Yes Mamta is a bit different version of Communist. She is required to be put in place. Strengthen BJP in Bengal.

Aise nahi bann payegi sarkar.BJP should get 55 in UP and 25 in Bihar

Rest assured it will be. NDTV has already predicted 53 already. NAMO wave is still in process of further penetration. It is BJP allthe way in Hindi heart land. BJP is going to get more seats than anybody would have predicted.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom