What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Manmohan Singh's former media adviser Sanjaya Baru’s book may bruise Congress

@jha @GreenFoe @arp2041 @chak de INDIA @Sidak @Nair saab @CorporateAffairs

Check this out guys... PM presides & Madam decides... :coffee:

This is a worst kept secret. Only thing, it has now come out officially.

I doubt very much that Modi & BJP will go after Sonia Gandhi & her close associates. I don't think even Robert Vadra will be touched. There's almost an unwritten agreement within political parties not to touch each other's top dogs. There'll be somany factors involved. They will scream & shout endlessly in public.... but it's just that! Maybe Modi & his govt may try & stop any future irregularities.. but wouldn't dig past graves. That's just my pov... i wish I'm proved wrong once Modi & BJP takes over.

But thats where Sonia fears Modi. He's one guy who's out of the planet politics.

Now imagine what Sharad Yadav would be feeling who was against this Break up..? He was assured a senior ministry in Delhi but Nitish pissed on that also. Now he is not sure of saving his won seat and has no power in state. Nitish is at least CM for one more year but Sharad Yadav will wander like a headless chicken. :D

he must be thinking of Joining BJP.

Modi_WithVeshti_PTI.jpg

2Modi_AFP_NEW.jpg

2Modi_PTI_NEW.jpg

3Modi_RajnikanthPTI_NEW.jpg

Today the coal secretary is also releasing his book. Another insider account of UPA

I’m a ‘well-wisher’ of Modi, says Rajinikanth :enjoy:

BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Sunday met Tamil superstar Rajinikanth at his residence in Chennai, setting off speculation, but the actor termed it as a courtesy call and said no political significance should be attached to it. Rajinikanth said he was a "well-wisher" of Modi and wished him "all the best" while the BJP leader described the superstar as a "good friend".

This is not a political meeting. When Modiji visited me when I was hospitalised, I had invited him to have a cup of tea with me whenever he came to Chennai. So he has come now," :cheesy: Rajinikanth told reporters outside his Poes Garden residence. Answering questions by media persons in the company of Modi, Rajinikant, dressed in starched white shirt and dhoti, said, "I am happy he is here." Shaking hands and then hugging each other in front of the huge gathering of his fans, who had thronged his residence to get a glimpse of their superstar, Rajinikanth said, "He is my well-wisher and I'm his well-wisher. :cool:

"Modi's meeting with Rajinikanth ahead of 24 April Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu where BJP has stitched an alliance of six parties fuelled speculation that the saffron party leader was likely to seek the superstar's support. Rajinikanth has been maintaining steadfastly his apolitical stand.

However, the actor, who has a vast fan following, wished Modi "All the best!" Quickly responding, Modi, dressed in a saffron shirt and dhoti, said, "I wished him on the eve of Tamil New Year. He is a good friend." Modi, who arrived at the airport, drove straight to Rajinikanth's residence where the meeting lasted briefly and pleasantries were exchanged. The BJP, which has been making all out efforts to lay its footprint in Tamil Nadu for the first time, has been desperately looking for support of Rajinikanth to brighten its poll prospects.

1.BJP
2.No all on 16th may but heavy polling and some online ground reports suggest historic win for bjp+
3.0-5 seats at most

Hey @GreenFoe ,

What is the inside information of Maharashtra man. You were supposed to tell us in 36 after election hours.

after General Elections BJP must towards becoming a major political force in TN and WB before both states go for assembly elections

Amma did a mistake by not allying with BJP. Amma is going to pay for that.

Modi played a masterstroke by attacking Congress on Baba Saheb Ambedkar's Birthday. Its time Ambedkar is freed from the likes of Mayawati and Congress. Let the truth be out that Congress with Left had targeted Ambedkar a lot.

A Pakistan where people want Modi as PM
More than 250 residents of a village in Bihar’s Purnea district set to vote for the BJP
  • Purnea, Bihar: It’s true. People of this Pakistan want Narendra Modi to become prime minister of India.

More than 250 residents, including more than 100 voters of a village called ‘Pakistan’in Bihar’s Purnea district, are set to vote for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to help Modi fulfil his dream.

“We want Narendra Modi to become PM,” said Hira Hembrum, a middle-aged villager. Hembrum’s view was supported by most of the villagers who are living in abject poverty and without basic amenities.

Pakistan is the name of a village in Singhiya panchayat, Srinagar block, 30km from Purnea district headquarters.

“People in Pakistan are keen to vote for the BJP to see Modi as PM,” Haldu Murmu, another villager, was quoted as saying.

What is interesting is that there is not a single Muslim family in the village, which comprises mostly Santhal tribal households. And there is no mosque in this Pakistan.

• Murmu said they want to vote Modi to counter neighbouring country Pakistan’s bid to disrupt peace.

“Only Modi can do it,” he said. Purnea goes to polls on April 24.

According to a police official, government documents record the name of the village as Pakistan.

So how did the village get its name?

Elders in the village recall that it was named soon after India’s partition in 1947.

“Many Muslims who earlier lived here chose to leave for East Pakistan [now Bangladesh], when the country was partitioned. We decided then that the village could be named in their memory,” one elderly villager said.

Pakistan village is poor and illiterate. The literacy rate in Purnea district is just 31.51 per cent. There is hardly a literate person in Pakistan village, where proper roads, a school or a hospital is hard to come by.

However, anti-Pakistan sentiment dominate the village.

Murmu recalled that after 26/11, when 166 people were killed by Pakistani terrorists in Mumbai, the villagers had even considered changing the name of their village.

“When Ajmal Kasab was hanged to death two years ago, villagers celebrated by distributing sweets, singing folk songs and dancing,” Murmu said.

In 2012, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar informed a visiting Pakistani delegation that there was a village named after their country in the state. The surprised delegates told Nitish Kumar that they had never heard of the village.

The chief minister showed the map of Pakistan village to the Pakistani delegates and explained that when all the Muslims of the village, then in Islampur district of Bengal, had migrated to East Pakistan (now Bangladesh), the villagers left behind decided to name a village in memory of those who left.

Before the States Reorganisation Act of 1956, Purnea too was part of Islampur, which now lies in the state of West Bengal.

The Muslims who left the village for East Pakistan had handed over their property to Hindus in neighbouring areas.

A Pakistan where people want Modi as PM | GulfNews.com

Why Cong stopped Priyanka from challenging Modi in Varanasi

When Ajay Rai was picked as the Congress party's 'strong' candidate to take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi, it wasn't Rahul Gandhi's comments but younger sister Priyanka's that made the headlines.
"Priyankaji ne kaha ki aap jam kar ladiye. Unhone apna personal mobile number bhi diya aur kaha ki aapko jo bhi zaroorat hogi woh aap turant bolen. (Priyankaji told me to fight to the fullest of my abilities. She gave me her personal mobile number and told me not to hesitate to ask for anything that I may need)," Rai quoted Priyanka as saying in a Times of India report.
Now it's a little clearer why Priyanka was so keen on Rai fighting the good fight. According to a Times of India report, Priyanka was keen on taking on Modi in Varanasi because she felt that the BJP's prime ministerial candidate was "bad for the country" and needed to be stopped.
Unnamed Congress leaders are quoted as saying that the only reason the party delayed announcing its candidate for Varanasi was because Priyanka had made a strong pitch for the task and they felt making her the candidate would help enthuse the rank and file of the party. It was also felt it would be a fitting lesson to senior party leaders who have demurred from contesting, either by citing either ill health or a desire to stay away from electoral politics.
The report cites multiple reasons why the party decided not to field her and one of them expectedly was the controversy surrounding her husband Robert Vadra and his business dealings.
Party leaders reportedly didn't want the 'halo' around the Gandhi family to be dimmed by a possible loss, and they didn't want to accord too much importance to Modi.
But the biggest reason was apparently Rahul Gandhi. Heading a campaign that few would give much of a chance, Congress leaders, perhaps quite rightly, felt that the emergence of Priyanka would only dilute her elder brother's campaign and also send mixed signals about who would really hold the reins of the party.
While he's maintained his optimism in leading the Congress campaign, Rahul hasn't exactly come up on top in the war of words against Modi. In perhaps his most personal attack on the BJP's prime ministerial candidate last week, Rahul pointed out that Modi hadn't ever mentioned his wife in any previous election affidavit, only to almost dissociate himself from it a day later. Priyanka wasn't as apologetic.
"They shouldn't talk about personal attacks," she told a news channel.
Far more fighting words than that of her brother. Given she's playing a more important role in this election, it's hardly surprising. Firstpost's Sanjeev Singh has documented how Priyanka is holding the reins in the Congress party war room while Rahul travels across the country.
Husband Robert Vadra, despite the controversy that dogged him most of last year, has managed to stay out of the limelight this year, barring when he steps out to vote. But despite the revival of Priyanka mania in the Congress, as we've pointed out earlier, her own record at campaigning isn't exactly stellar and doesn't go beyond milking the Gandhi name and personal charisma.
And as we noted earlier, the persistent talk about Priyanka's charisma serves to underline Rahul's lack thereof, diminishing him by implicit comparison as the weaker sibling, in line for succession due to the privilege of gender rather than any natural talent.
In an election where he's already staring down the barrel, it's the last thing that Rahul needs.

Why Cong stopped Priyanka from challenging Modi in Varanasi | Firstpost

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom