What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Looks like you too watched Open Mike ;)

Man it was awesome seeing so much political clarity amongst the village and small town folks that even many of the so called ecucated city people dont have.

And ofcourse, it was doubly exciting to see some of them saying, humkattar hindu hain and that they are indeed part of the Hindu dharm.

Actually I have been there. The riots have affected Dalits no less and not a single BSP leader cared to meet them. And yes the villagers in UP and Bihar are really more politically shrewd than many urban folks.

Kya baat hai..? Sab private video kyun daalte hain..?

History will be kinder to me than the contemporary media," Manmohan Singh told reporters at a press conference earlier this year. Sanjaya Baru's book reinforces the image of a 'puppet PM'.

Baru, who was media advisor to the PM between 2004 and 2008, compares Singh to Bheeshma who watched with impotent rage as Draupadi was disrobed and didn't put his foot down on the Kaurava succession. Excerpts from an interview...

Manmohan Singh had all the qualifications to be a great PM, if only he had acquired a political base: Sanjaya Baru - The Times of India

1535686_10152369459297139_725749520057270679_n.jpg

History will be kinder to me than the contemporary media," Manmohan Singh told reporters at a press conference earlier this year. Sanjaya Baru's book reinforces the image of a 'puppet PM'.

Baru, who was media advisor to the PM between 2004 and 2008, compares Singh to Bheeshma who watched with impotent rage as Draupadi was disrobed and didn't put his foot down on the Kaurava succession. Excerpts from an interview...

Manmohan Singh had all the qualifications to be a great PM, if only he had acquired a political base: Sanjaya Baru - The Times of India

Failure on the left. ^^^

Meanwhile mere paros ke prant mein.. Didi kuch jyaada hi pareshan hain aajkal...

Change of Mind: 'Modi Magic' Forces Mamata to Campaign in Darjeeling Hills -The New Indian Express

History ki maa ki aankh. You have destroyed the future of so many Indians in last ten years. History will treat you as lamest Sardaar ever. A blot on Khalsa..

but if the kind of intolerance shown by some Modi supporters in certain threads here is any reflection of the things to come if Modi comes to power, then I really have to rethink about it.

No need to debate endlessly on whether Modi is a communal fascist or development oriented - because there is no point in debating wiht people who have made up their minds one way or other - but my question is , if not Modi, then who ?Do we have a credible alternative to him today ? Give me an honest answer.

If you have seen the video, the way he was asking for "Badla",

Badla through ballot man. He made it quite clear that in this age it is not through swords and arrows. That violence is not a solution and you should express your badla through ballots. Why are you selectively quoting him ?

and not only this one I am talking about, there is a shift in strategy from development to Hindutva,

Really ? BJP is the only party that is actually even making an attempt to talk about jobs, electricity, development, economy etc. Which was the other party that even talks about this. All the others can manage is Modi this, Modi that. You need to understand that in a electoral exercise that involves nearly a billion people, in a party that has support of crores of people there will always be all types. If you or for example @scorpionx are going to decide your electoral choices based on what few random people online say or act, then it is utmost unfortunate. Modi addresses almost 3 rallies daily. Ever cared to listen what he talks about ? Its simple development and anti-corruption. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes there are isolated references to things that can be tagged as hindutva, but as I said they are few and far inbetween. Compare tthat to other leaders and what they have to say.Then make your choice.

, selecting that Bangalore pub moral police fellow, .

Why fail to mention that most of the outrage actually came from BJP's online supportes for that and the decision which was taken by a state leader was revoked in less than 24 hours. You hype on the negatives of BJP while somehow forgetting the positives. It is sad that in this age of information availability people are falling for such elementary misconceptions and going back again to the same old stale status quo.

[
Hindus are no way threatened in a overwhelmingly Hindu majority India.

I dont think you have ever been in a muslim majoriity area. I have a suggestion - go to any of those walled cities you have in cities like Hyderabad, lucknow, Delhi on a nice friday afternoon just during the jumma namaz and come tell me how it is. And FYI, India is not "overwhelmingly" hindu majority. The hindu population % has been steadily falling - it has fallen below the 80% - while muslim and christian population is steadily rising.

You are just repeating the amitshah-phobic media propaganda verbatim.

What did he say ? He exhorted the people in the gathering to take revenge through ballot. He made it expicitly clear that this is not the age for taking revenge through swords and arrows. Instead the revenge is through ballot. What is so wrong about that ? And Amit Shah is not the first person to use the "revenge through ballot" line. The first time it was used by the "Nobel Peace Prize" winner Obama when exhorting the Ohioans to take revenge through ballot on the GOP.

And dear, irrespective of what BJP says/doesnt say, the muslims in the heartland arent going to vote for BJP. Even if every leader of BJP prostrates before them they will still be like a broken tape recorder stuck gujarat and babri. They havent learnt what 60 years of voting for parties like Congress and SP has given them and I dont think they will. But then that is their headache. If they want to live in the same squalid conditions routinely herded into voting for one party through inducing a fear psyche then its their choice. The electoral calculations of BJP neednt figure them in the scheme of things.
Nothing wrong in urging voters to take revenge through ballots. But in my opinion it is wrong to support his actions just as "Amitshah-phobic media propaganda verbatism". What he spoke in the farm house in Bijnor just one day after his speech in Shamili, is no different from the insanity and absurd rhetoric that Azam Khan and co are used to spill every day. I find it difficult to understand how can you reconcile the both opposing views,one at national level and another one firmly state specific? You can not term Muslims as "Invaders and rapists of Hindus" in Bijnor and can not talk about religious harmony and equality for all in Delhi. It's a double standard. And i see it amusing the kind of defence are coming for such blots like Shah. Honestly, yesterday what Modi said in his interview (That every religion leads to God and every body will be safe under his rule) simply does not conform with what Shah tries to do as a "Strategy" and I am astonished to see how difficult it has become to understand this simple thing.

@KS
I am not going to change my vote for idiots like Shah. I have specific reasons why I won't vote for Congress or any regional parties. But I just do not support radicals like Shah and Azam Khan,that's all.

@jha @SarthakGanguly

How certain are you guys of a Modi victory?

How certain of a BJP victory even?

A certain Congress Leader was asked " Kya Modi jee haarenge Varanasi se .."
He replied " Modi ke naam par A, B, C, D, Table, Chair sab jeet rahe hain. Woh kaise haarenge "..

Now if A, B, C, D, Table and Chairs are winning in Congress leader's opinion, need i say more..?

A certain Congress Leader was asked " Kya Modi jee haarenge Varanasi se .."
He replied " Modi ke naam par A, B, C, D, Table, Chair sab jeet rahe hain. Woh kaise haarenge "..

Now if A, B, C, D, Table and Chairs are winning in Congress leader's opinion, need i say more..?

I don't know man, I am just nervous that's all.

India needs growth, and that growth is achieved by cutting red tape and making it easier to do business.

@jha @SarthakGanguly

How certain are you guys of a Modi victory?

How certain of a BJP victory even?
Brother let me tell you one thing, Its not about whether Modi is winning, Its only about Modi is winning with how lakhs margin.
In Vadodara, Mistry is a big zero against Modi while in Varanasi, even if all combined field a single candidate against Modi, He will win though margin will be less say 1-2 lakhs else even bigger.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom