What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

'Secular' plot against Modi in Varanasi? - The Times of India

Sources said Congress is likely to hold deliberations for finalizing its choice for Varanasi seat on Sunday. Congress's preference for Ajay Rai and Rajesh Mishra has been influenced by caste considerations. Rai is an acknowledged figure among Bhumihars who have a sizeable presence in the prestigious constituency. Likewise, Mishra's presence in the Congress' short list is being explained by the fact that fellow Brahmins make up a significant chunk of the constituency and the calculation is that the former Congress MP will be able to tap into the alleged sense of hurt among the community over the sitting MP Murli Manohar Joshi having to make way for Modi.

Ajay Rai ko ek bhi Bhumihar vote nahi milne wala. Modi will win Varanasi, and win it with ease.

Ajay Rai ko ek bhi Bhumihar vote nahi milne wala. Modi will win Varanasi, and win it with ease.

Ajay Rai is a genuine local leader. BJP should start backroom channels with him. BJP desperately needs local powerful leaders. Can prove to be a good campaigner as well.

@DRAY dada,

its no about killing someone, its about a mutual understanding. thoda aap compromise karo thoda hum :)

Please tell me are you ok with religion based reservation in education and jobs ?

are you Ok with the non uniform civil code of conduct ?

are you OK with people giving priority to just one community ?

If asking for equality is communalism then yes i am communal :(

No, I am not OK with any of these just like you, that's why we need a strong government who can take strong impartial decisions, how hate-mongering helps in this? I assume that this is just election politics, but this might backfire for BJP. So far opposition parties were projecting BJP as a communal party, which was like a de facto campaign FOR BJP among those voters who vote on Hindutva credentials, and BJP was focusing on its development credentials among voters who don't vote on Hindutva credentials, now with this new development BJP might get some more Hindutva votes, but will lose some "development" votes also. The +/- effect will become clear after election, check previous posts starting from page 998.

Ajay Rai is a genuine local leader. BJP should start backroom channels with him. BJP desperately needs local powerful leaders. Can prove to be a good campaigner as well.

He is just a local, neither a leader nor genuine. Even in the last LS elections when he ran on SP ticket he hardly got any Bhumihar votes, he won't get it this time either. Infact he goes around saying that it was Bhumihars who back stabbed him or else he would have won the election :lol:

Congress, SP, BSP, AAP will all be vying for the same 2.5 Lakh Muslim votes. The Sawarn vote is going no where but to Modi and BJP. People in the region have had it with Samaj Wadi Parties and its goons, just like the people of western UP.

i love people,just dont love snakes.

i wish i can be born a dalit,hopefully a rich dalit.

no kaam and become IFS officer.

For Majority of Dalits in UP this time its " Jai Modi Jai Bharat" not " Jai Bheem Jai Bharat"... Not to mention the "samman" is a big issue for them.

most converts came from brahmin/rajputs.

not from others.

He is just a local, neither a leader nor genuine. Even in the last LS elections when he ran on SP ticket he hardly got any Bhumihar votes, he won't get it this time either. Infact he goes around saying that it was Bhumihars who back stabbed him or else he would have won the election :lol:

Congress, SP, BSP, AAP will all be vying for the same 2.5 Lakh Muslim votes. The Sawarn vote is going no where but to Modi and BJP. People in the region have had it with Samaj Wadi Parties and its goons, just like the people of western UP.

Yes... But BJP has still not found his replacement. He seems to be fit for assembly level elections.

No, I am not OK with any of these just like you, that's why we need a strong government who can take strong impartial decisions, how hate-mongering helps in this? I assume that this is just election politics, but this might backfire for BJP. So far opposition parties were projecting BJP as a communal party, which was like a de facto campaign FOR BJP among those voters who vote on Hindutva credentials, and BJP was focusing on its development credentials among voters who don't vote on Hindutva credentials, now with this new development BJP might get some more Hindutva votes, but will lose some "development" votes also. The +/- effect will become clear after election, check previous posts starting from page 998.

love n hate are 2 faces of the same coin.

Hate mongering ? what was hateful about Shah's speech, DADA ? o_Oo_Oo_O

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom