What's new

Indian PM,refuses to join oath taking ceremony of Nawaz Sharif.

It would have set a precedent

It's not about setting precedents.

Nawaz Sharif wanted to convey a message of "India Pak bhai bhai", but India does not want to be bhai -- it never wanted to be bhai. India wants "India Pak dada ghulaam" relationship and dadagirs don't let the ghulaam set the agenda.

Sonia Madom has asked him to stay back. Otherwise even the PM would have to resign.

Exactly, I dont know why Pakistanis are taking it as an insult, it was obvious that MMS won't visit pakistan at this moment because, he is currently too occupied with domestic(corruption) issue's and also next week their is visit of chines premier to India and then later he himself will fly off to Japan.

MMS current schedule is totally occupied, and PMO office has politely declined NS invitation by explaining the pre-planned busy schedule of MMS. (Nothing Blunt here)

And i think even NS knew that MMS wont be able to visit Pak at the moment and NS just reciprocated the invitation by India as good gesture, which everyone appreciates here.

Bruised ego :lol:, let the Pakistanies vent their frustration, afterall they can only bash PMLN to save their face on PDF.What else do you expect ???

Pehle miyan ji ko kursi pe toh baithne do..... aiwain hi hall ho raha hai....

Joining a oath taking ceremony is not Diplomatically appropriate... so the offer was politely declined with a lose promise.

exactly. There is something like protocols and this was not according to protocols.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh turned down Nawaz Sharif’s invitation to his oath-taking ceremony as the new premier of Pakistan, Indian media reported on Tuesday.
According to Indian TV channel Times Now, Singh told Nawaz that he would not be able to attend the ceremony due to his official engagements.
On Sunday, as soon as unofficial results of the elections declared Nawaz a winner, the Indian premier called him to congratulate and extended invitation to visit India. On Monday, Nawaz also invited Singh to Pakistan and said that it would be a great pleasure for him and for Pakistan if Singh attends his oath-taking ceremony.
India is hoping Nawaz’s return to power in Pakistan will herald an upturn in ties between the nuclear rivals as long as he can keep the generals who ousted him last time at bay, analysts say.
Source
Manmohan Singh not to attend Nawaz

we have crazy insane pti followers here who would even start abusing there own people for not giving vote to PTI.

Nawaz Sharif invited MMN to start a good n fresh relationship with India but He refused DUE TO HIS TIGHT SCHEDULE! now STFU n get over it!

It's not about setting precedents.

Nawaz Sharif wanted to convey a message of "India Pak bhai bhai", but India does not want to be bhai -- it never wanted to be bhai. India wants "India Pak dada ghulaam" relationship and dadagirs don't let the ghulaam set the agenda.

Or maybe we're just being cautious. Waiting for the new government to actually acclimatize itself in office and establish some control...most importantly a working relationship with the fauj. Till then any such gesture is meaningless, lest we have a repeat of 99 when our PM accepted the invitation to Pakistan while a Mard-e-Momin general decided that he'd rather start a war.

It would be disingenuous to invest in any gesture which we cannot safely back with actions at the moment, and we can only begin thinking of actions once we are sure of the new government's capabilities and whether the equation is still set by the GHQ or not. We don't like to gamble much, so just playing it safe.

This was a smart move by Nawaz to show his willingness to befriend India. He would have known MMS would refuse and thus further expose India's intransigence to the international community.

funny to see my fellow members taking it as insult...... common guys he is an Premier, his schedule will be planned months earlier....

This was a smart move by Nawaz to show his willingness to befriend India. He would have known MMS would refuse and thus further expose India's intransigence to the international community.

Well they have "exposed" us. Now i think we will need BDs help to get over it.

He should have only invited Chinese PM.

Anyone saying MMS's schedules didn't match... Please tell me which angel came down to tell them so and so date of the oath taking ceremony?

No date has been finalized and you're saying MMS's schedule clashed?

Mian jaan diyo, bisti karwa lia hai, ab bisti aan dio...

Glad its over so soon, but knowing Mr. PM he will still waste more and more of his time on the neighbors.

@Leader why should we bother calling Karzai to Pakistan so he could bless us with some more of his retarded bakwass. No disrespect to you.

and @tarrar

lets say we want to establish a new regional trend, then it has to be by inviting all of them, regardless of whether we like them or not, not that we would give up our rights and interests but just to give a new beginning to our relations...

but this one sided tilt towards India and the degrading manner in which Nawaz did, was least to my taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone saying MMS's schedules didn't match... Please tell me which angel came down to tell them so and so date of the oath taking ceremony?

He is all ready scheduled to visit Pakistan on 22'nd of this month.

Dont you think he is pushing already a weak PM into a corner?

and @tarrar

lets say we want to establish a new regional trend, then it has to be by inviting all of them, regardless of whether we like them or not, not that we would give up our rights and interests but just to give a new beginning to our relations...

but this one sided tilt towards India and the degrading manner in which Nawaz did, was least to my taste.

I agree with you regarding india, but Karzai is worse then them. Dont you agree.

@Awesome

Bezti unki hoi hai jinka PM hai. He's not mine,what about you?

Dear Aeronaut, changing flags wont change your identity, you are a Pakistani and will remain a Pakistani.

Nazaz Sharif may not be a very good leader and your anger towards NS must be due to some of his deeds.

But people of Pakistan has selected him, so he will be your PM for some years; why not give him some time to prove himself?

If he performs bad, the Pakistani people will vote him out like they did Zardari.

And people hardly had any choice, they had to choose between Imran Khan and Nawaz, they selected Nawaz.(The development work and Metro Bus System must have paid off.)

P.S> No offense, but choice of flags is very weird or you consider DPRK better than Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom