What's new

Indian PM,refuses to join oath taking ceremony of Nawaz Sharif.

It's not about setting precedents.

Nawaz Sharif wanted to convey a message of "India Pak bhai bhai", but India does not want to be bhai -- it never wanted to be bhai. India wants "India Pak dada ghulaam" relationship and dadagirs don't let the ghulaam set the agenda.

India & Indians do not see Indo Pak relations either in the Bhai- Bhai mode or in the " Dada Ghula,' mode.

Its a relationship between two nations who also happen to be neighbors and share a history of distrust, animosity and war besides cricket , Ghazals & Tandoori Food.

In any case amongst nations things are transactional and not emotional.

On his face. Dont know what kind of fetish pakistani politicians have when it comes to india.

Dear Aeronaut, changing flags wont change your identity, you are a Pakistani and will remain a Pakistan.

Nazaz Sharif may not be a very good leader and your anger towards NS must be due to some of his deeds.

But people of Pakistan has selected him, so he will be your PM for some years; why not give him some time to prove himself?

If he performs bad, the Pakistani people will vote him out like they did Zardari.

P.S> No offense, but choice of flags is very weird

Its the most childish and immature things to do, thankfully other mods are doing well after shock.

He should have only invited Chinese PM.

Anyone saying MMS's schedules didn't match... Please tell me which angel came down to tell them so and so date of the oath taking ceremony?

No date has been finalized and you're saying MMS's schedule clashed?

Mian jaan diyo, bisti karwa lia hai, ab bisti aan dio...

he is not normal person like you or like me... he represents to an country... it depends upon his wish and his schedule... chinese premier coming to India and our PM going to Japan......

In my personal opinion it was a very calculated move by NS to invite Indian PM to oath taking ceremony, after MMS wished him good luck & invited him to india, all this did send signals to the world that PAK wants good relations with all its neighbors. Diff people will view at this development according to their liking. Anyways i think MMS should have accepted the invitation, but politically Congress is scared of backfire, lets not forget that talks against PAK is used as a tool to attract hardcore anti PAK votes :)

I agree with you regarding india, but Karzai is worse then them. Dont you agree.

Yes, but unfortunately both are neighbour, a permanent relation, need to improve, but ofcourse not at the cost of dignity or interests..

Hah....MMS is trying to gain sympathy from Indians

he is not normal person like you or like me... he represents to an country... it depends upon his wish and his schedule... chinese premier coming to India and our PM going to Japan......

I'll accept that it wasn't his wish to attend the oath taking ceremony. It wasn't a scheduling issue.

Dont you think he is pushing already a weak PM into a corner?

I'm wondering which of the two you're calling a weak PM?

Dear Aeronaut, changing flags wont change your identity, you are a Pakistani and will remain a Pakistani.
@Aeronaut changed it to .kp, KPK where PTI won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some one should remind Nawas Sharif, it's not his birthday that he's personally inviting every tom dick and harry.
As he will be sworn in as a head of state hence such courtesy is extended from State to State.

All the guys in this thread gloating over Indian PM;s refusal and cursing Nawaz are irrelevant in their own nation. It seems most of the countrymen dont share their enthusiasm

Guys
Lets just settle down. We do need peace in the region and the gesture by PM Manmohan Singhe was a very good one. The PML tried a counter gesture and time and the commitments of the Indian PM might have meant that he cant come. We do need to make these gestures to each other and resolve the Indo Pak empasse,establish trade and start living like neighbours rather than enemies. Please remember that Pakistans problems are of its own making rather than anyone else.
Araz

Some one should remind Nawas Sharif, it's not his birthday that he's personally inviting every tom dick and harry.
As he will be sworn in as a head of state hence such courtesy is extended from State to State.

If Prime Minister of the second largest nation on the planet is tom dick and harry. Then what are you? and what weight you carry. Bacteria or virus? :lol:

I'll accept that it wasn't his wish to attend the oath taking ceremony. It wasn't a scheduling issue.

I'm wondering which of the two you're calling a weak PM?

He changed it to .kp, KPK where PTI won.
its obvious fresh from victory NS is in much stronger position. MMS never had that mass appeal(politically lightweight) and recent scandals has put a question mark on his premiership. So much so that congress came up with a statement that he is going to continue till 2014. :)
His time is over, of course if he rides an emphatic victory in 2014, you will see a differnt MMS.

@Awesome

Bezti unki hoi hai jinka PM hai. He's not mine,what about you?

Aap abhi bhi sadme se bahar nahi aye?? Its 3 days already :lol:
IMO, PTIans should accept defeat graciously in sportsman spirit.

If Prime Minister of the second largest nation and largest democracy on the planet is tom dick and harry. Then what are you? and what weight you carry. Bacteria or virus? :lol:

There corrected..

Last edited by a moderator:
All of you people saying that this was a good step and whatnot need to understand why we all are voicing opinion against it, simply because it was premature. He has absolutely no authority at this moment, official notification was not issued of even a single NA seat and he goes around inviting premiers to a would be ceremony.

This is not how states work, you dont invite other premiers 2 hours after closing time of voting through the roof top of a house in Model Town.

Back
Top Bottom