What's new

Indian PM,refuses to join oath taking ceremony of Nawaz Sharif.

Maybe if they were confined to living within the Cricket Stadium, such incident may have not taken place, I guess we didn't offer them the same hospitality as some safe neighbourhoods do......one could also drag Rajiv and Indira into the equation. !!

you can drag decades old incidents... you have that much guts no body denying that...

MMS has been working throughout his time as PM to foster improved relations with Pakistan and has kept the hawks at bay. Security concernes for a PM of INDIA visiting Pakistan are all too real my friend and such visits are planned months in advance with advanced security teams from India inspecting and creating all relevant arrangements. A few days notice makes such a trip untenable even if it were the norm for visiting HoS to atredn such swearing in ceremonies- which it is NOT.
its definitely not security concern. MMS is in no position to go, he himself is isolated in congress after recent scams (especially coalgate one). He just want to take it easy now.

3/4 topics on this issue

Is it really a big issue
?

who care he was invited or not

who care he will come here or refused

Now he will say that, If MMS don't come here, i will go there for taking oath. :cheers:

Too much. :omghaha:

its definitely not abt him... nobdy cares. its abt our PM hellbent on making an *** out of himself :(

But He isn't your PM yet. Not even a PM designate. He is just a private citizen and could invite any one for anything. He decided to invite his Punjabi brother who also happens to be the PM of India. Who unfortunately can't come because of pre occupation. Shadi mein sare rishtedaroon ka ana jaroori thode na hai. Why are you guys getting so worked up on this.

Exactly, I dont know why Pakistanis are taking it as an insult, it was obvious that MMS won't visit pakistan at this moment because, he is currently too occupied with domestic(corruption) issue's and also next week their is visit of chines premier to India and then later he himself will fly off to Japan.

People are not upset with MMS, they are upset with Nawaz Sharif for foolishly making such offers. Doesn't he know the PM of India moonh utha ke aiwai nahi ajayega, taalian bajane ke liay? Such offers are first made behind the scenes and then publicly only offered when its already accepted behind closed doors.

Nawaz Sharif was called an idiot statesman when he was PM twice by experts, known to have created blunders before. This gaff is indicative of more blunders to follow.

Maybe if they were confined to living within the Cricket Stadium, such incident may have not taken place,
Maybe.. and that's why it was bad planning..

I guess we didn't offer them the same hospitality as some safe neighbourhoods do
True...

......one could also drag Rajiv and Indira into the equation. !!
surely.. I know some Pakistanis have a tendency to dwell in the past to escape the realities of the present

People are not upset with MMS, they are upset with Nawaz Sharif for foolishly making such offers. Doesn't he know the PM of India moonh utha ke aiwai nahi ajayega, taalian bajane ke liay? Such offers are first made behind the scenes and then publicly only offered when its already accepted behind closed doors.

Nawaz Sharif was called an idiot statesman when he was PM twice by experts, known to have created blunders before. This gaff is indicative of more blunders to follow.

You chaps are really overplaying this, NS probably said this in response to a question from the media. What is he supposed to say? That he won't invite MMS? In any case, these are common courtesies leaders around the world use, every time a leader meets another, an invitation of visit is put forward. Some are taken up, the majority not. Pakistani leaders have been asking MMS to visit all these years & he hasn't, they have asked Obama to visit and he hasn't, state relations don't stop because of such things. Most of the ones complaining are those who supported other parties in the election, still doing it so early in a new government's term (yet to begin actually) is silly & juvenile. NS got a mandate to follow his policies, not to implement chosen policies of people who didn't vote for him.

You chaps are really overplaying this, NS probably said this in response to a question from the media. What is he supposed to say? That he won't invite MMS? In any case, these are common courtesies leaders around the world use, every time a leader meets another, an invitation of visit is put forward. Some are taken up, the majority not. Pakistani leaders have been asking MMS to visit all these years & he hasn't, they have asked Obama to visit and he hasn't, state relations don't stop because of such things. Most of the ones complaining are those who supported other parties in the election, still doing it so early in a new government's term (yet to begin actually) is silly & juvenile. NS got a mandate to follow his policies, not to implement chosen policies of people who didn't vote for him.

That's the key here.

Most people here are his political opponents. While within the country, he appears to have the maximum support.

At least this time, the consensus of the political spectrum seemed to be to improve relations with India. As they have tried everything else for decades and it has not exactly paid rich dividends.

How much that translates into action (or is allowed to by the deep state) remains to be seen.

Maybe.. and that's why it was bad planning..

Yup, invite them and then confine them....only certain people are gifted with such narrow minded thinking.

You might as well add, i love me...who do you love.
surely.. I know some Pakistanis have a tendency to dwell in the past to escape the realities of the present

Not to mention Indians who can't differentiate between a head of state and a cricket team openly driving all over the city and a solitary head of states who are usualy confined to only certain venues.

I can't believe this..that even now you guys are taking this joke way seriously?:what:

There is no invitation for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to visit Pakistan to attend the swearing-in ceremony of PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif, who will be forming the next government there.

"There is no specific proposal on the table, of a specific request for a specific occasion," Syed Akbaruddin, spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs told reporters when asked if there was an invite for the Prime Minister to attend Sharif's swearing-in.

Back
Top Bottom