What's new

Indian PM confered with 'World Statesman Award'

If he should have more good politician with him he could have done lot more than what he has done now..

If we dont have good politicians, its our own fault. We are a democracy. We vote them into power. Its time we became more aware, and time we demanded more accountability from the politicians.

But i think we are moving in the right direction. More cases of corruption are being exposed, and i have definitely noticed increasing patriotism and decreasing tolerance for corruption amongst the new generation of Indians. We are slowly but surely understanding that corruption is not something we have to live with. Exposure of corruption at CWG and the public outcry against it is evidence that we are moving forward.

Hopefully we can produce many more leaders like MMS.

To be honest, I like Manmohan singh..He seems dedicated to his work and made india economy on sound footing...I feel he is far better than Vajpayee!

To be honest, I like Manmohan singh..He seems dedicated to his work and made india economy on sound footing...I feel he is far better than Vajpayee!

Both are Differnet PMs.. cant really be compared.

Manmohan is a Polite Internationl Figure while Vajpayee is a STRONG National Figure.

YOu wont know but Vajpayee was real Iron Man. He Questioned Right and Wrong... and was a Real Man of Dignity ...

He Had Guts to do what many PMs couldnt !!! The Nuclear Tests !

Both are Differnet PMs.. cant really be compared.

Manmohan is a Polite Internationl Figure while Vajpayee is a STRONG National Figure.

YOu wont know but Vajpayee was real Iron Man. He Questioned Right and Wrong... and was a Real Man of Dignity ...

He Had Guts to do what many PMs couldnt !!! The Nuclear Tests !

MMS has in fact put a full stop to our Nuke weapons research programs because if we test our nukes, the nuke deal will be over.

No research can succeed without real on-field testing. Computer simulations cannot be helpful beyond a point. To be completely reliable, nukes must be tested tens of times.

Sadly, I don't see this happening.

Well I persoanlly consider ABV far far higher than MMS. He was the best PM India have had.

MMS is no doubt a great professional but the irony is that he is a beurocrat. There is no PM material in him. He is very best in role of a economic policy maker but he surely lacks vision of a leader.

People forget to give credit to PV Narsaimha Rao where it is due. He was the one who gave free hand to MMS. Without him, MMS could never do what he has done. This is where leadership comes into picture.

However a good news. Congratulations to MMS, to India and to all Indians. including me!!

But why could not spare some time on cwg ? Even he is responsible for the debacle. All this time he was busy entertaining the americans. dont blame every thing on suresh kalmuhi, its the shitty congress govt. And my personal opinion if a leader is addressing his countrymen he should put some energy into his speech. But whenever i hear mr. Mm singhs speech i go dizzy. He lacks this punch.

Well I persoanlly consider ABV far far higher than MMS. He was the best PM India have had.

MMS is no doubt a great professional but the irony is that he is a beurocrat. There is no PM material in him. He is very best in role of a economic policy maker but he surely lacks vision of a leader.

People forget to give credit to PV Narsaimha Rao where it is due. He was the one who gave free hand to MMS. Without him, MMS could never do what he has done. This is where leadership comes into picture.

However a good news. Congratulations to MMS, to India and to all Indians. including me!!

I was talking from economic point of view...ABV may have been stronger than him in making difficult and tough decision (nuclear blast etc) but economically MMS has done better than him...India is progressing very well economically under MMS premiership

I was talking from economic point of view...ABV may have been stronger than him in making difficult and tough decision (nuclear blast etc) but economically MMS has done better than him...India is progressing very well economically under MMS premiership

The Economic reforms were first jumpstarted by P.V Narasimha Rao(yes MMS gave the idea..but it was ultimately Rao's decision)....and later forcefully continued under tremendous opposition from the parliamentary hardliners solely due to ABV 's strong character....to be honest only after the reforms began yielding rich dividends did MMS assume the top position and even then in his first five year term he was greatly constrained by the Left parties over continuation of SEZ's increased FDI's , price rise , agricultural reforms etc.....truly ABV had no equal as prime minister.....either in his charisma with the voters or in his international image as PM...or in his capability to take strong decisions in every field......

a LEADER in the truest sense of the word.....

Yes, she is the real power center. There is a reason why Dr.Singh is selected, he does not have a popular support/power base. That is why he never won Lok Sahba (direct election), he is MP by his election to Rajya Sabha (eq. House of Lords .. Indirect elections). Hence the Gandhis do not perceive him as a threat, and can easily control him.

The writ is always written by Sonia.

He is educated, smart man. But not PM material. Honestly, I am proud of this man.. he was a great Finance Minister who changed it all for many of us.

When is India going to get ride of the politician caste? The Nehru-Gandhi dynasty needs to end as a pre-requisite for India to accelerate her rate of development.

Yes, she is the real power center. There is a reason why Dr.Singh is selected, he does not have a popular support/power base. That is why he never won Lok Sahba (direct election), he is MP by his election to Rajya Sabha (eq. House of Lords .. Indirect elections). Hence the Gandhis do not perceive him as a threat, and can easily control him.

The writ is always written by Sonia.

He is educated, smart man. But not PM material. Honestly, I am proud of this man.. he was a great Finance Minister who changed it all for many of us.

Do you really think Sonia Gandhi is that smart as media says???

I have been reading enough to understand that, she is the puppet made by few .

When is India going to get ride of the politician caste? The Nehru-Gandhi dynasty needs to end as a pre-requisite for India to accelerate her rate of development.

Not in a generation or two. Treating a Parliamentary seat as personal property is nothing new. Also, there is not Intra-Party democracy, so basically you pass your Party to your kid or blood-relative with least resistance.

* Intra-party democracy should be given
* The guidelines for the reason for expulsion for parties should made stricter
* above all People have to change, in their mind

If I can take some liberty, South Asia generally waits for some messiah comes and saves them from every thing... in pakistan they wait for the "Mohabe watan gernaal" (Patriotic Benevolent General). In India, we already have demi-god families so we are happy they have a kid in that family, automatic-demiGod.

Do you really think Sonia Gandhi is that smart as media says???

I have been reading enough to understand that, she is the puppet made by few .

Sonia Gandhi has automatic loyalty of many congressmen by the virtue of her family name. She could be tool is someone's hands. Especially the enmeshed coutourie, that surrounds her. But Dr.Singh is not the one pulling the strings.

Not in a generation or two. Treating a Parliamentary seat as personal property is nothing new. Also, there is not Intra-Party democracy, so basically you pass your Party to your kid or blood-relative with least resistance.

* Intra-party democracy should be given
* The guidelines for the reason for expulsion for parties should made stricter
* above all People have to change, in their mind

If I can take some liberty, South Asia generally waits for some messiah comes and saves them from every thing... in pakistan they wait for the "Mohabe watan gernaal" (Patriotic Benevolent General). In India, we already have demi-god families so we are happy they have a kid in that family, automatic-demiGod.

Meaningful change and reform won't come from these families. They have an interest in the status quo. India is theirs to plunder until the Indian democracy votes them out completely. But that won't happen, at least not right now.

The caste system has been a hindrance in more ways than one if you think about it. It encourages this deference to hereditary politicians class and renders the voting public mollified and apathetic.

The issue here is the stability of the elected government for the duration of their mandate - 5 years. With that stability comes development.

There have been leaders outside of political dynasties who have provided such stability. PV Narasimha Rao, AB Vajpayee immediately come to mind. The lack of strong political leaders who can navigate the treacherous political maze that is Indian politics - with numerous political parties - is far and few inbetween. If the Congress party can bring about the stability of the central government with a majority in the Parliament for a period of 5 years and put up an able PM of the likes of MMS, then I dont see a problem in it.

However, if the people feel that the present govt is NOT performing well enough, they have the power to vote in another party. The onus is then on that party's leadership to keep their flock intact and get their act together to bring about stability for 5 years and usher in development as promised in their election manifesto. PVN and ABV both proved that dynastic politics are just artifacts of Indian politics. We need good leaders in other parties as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom