What's new

Indian PM confered with 'World Statesman Award'

Meaningful change and reform won't come from these families. They have an interest in the status quo. India is theirs to plunder until the Indian democracy votes them out completely. But that won't happen, at least not right now.

The caste system has been a hindrance in more ways than one if you think about it. It encourages this deference to hereditary politicians class and renders the voting public mollified and apathetic.

The middle-class has little or minimal role in Indian democracy. It is the rich who can afford to stand in an election, and it is the poor who are majority of the electorate.

So for them, being semi-literate or clanish, what matters most is "family background", "caste" and other thing that may not have anything to do with the character of individual. It varies from state to state, the caste being central in Northern parts of the country. In south it is more about entitlements, Free electricity, Free Color TV, Pension scheme like things that will bankrupt the treasury but would give immediate electorate gains.

Getting rid of them, I hope we will. I would over optimistic if I can say, Rahul Gandhi will not be PM of India. There are about 40MPs underage of 40 in Indian parliament, and all their fathers are politicians. There were no political caste before until Ms.Gandhi took power, and as much as people lionize her, she was centrally responsible for the corrupt, cultish, personality centric politics of India.

The middle-class has little or minimal role in Indian democracy. It is the rich who can afford to stand in an election, and it is the poor who are majority of the electorate.

So for them, being semi-literate or clanish, what matters most is "family background", "caste" and other thing that may not have anything to do with the character of individual. It varies from state to state, the caste being central in Northern parts of the country. In south it is more about entitlements, Free electricity, Free Color TV, Pension scheme like things that will bankrupt the treasury but would give immediate electorate gains.

Getting rid of them, I hope we will. I would over optimistic if I can say, Rahul Gandhi will not be PM of India. There are about 40MPs underage of 40 in Indian parliament, and all their fathers are politicians. There were no political caste before until Ms.Gandhi took power, and as much as people lionize her, she was centrally responsible for the corrupt, cultish, personality centric politics of India.

this basically confirms what I suspected and definitely doesn't bode well .... sigh... nepotism sucks...

I dunno I kinda think it started with Nehru and his bunch. Also I don't like Ms. Gandhi, I'm sorry for what happened to her but she exemplified the worst things about Indian leadership.

Along with this you have forgotten the most important thing that is holding us back. The formidable and unbreakable ring between corrupt politicians, government officials and anti-social elements. I have read in some posts that u are from Andhra, i am from the same state too. The above phenomenon is pretty evident here, and i think holds good for the entire country too. 99% of the politicians are corrupt to the core and would never let a change happen in the system. I am sad to say but in the 40 to 50 odd years of their ruling Congress's greatest contribution to our country has been corruption.

On the topic, i agree that MMS is a very able person, however i would like to mention something here.

Many hold MMS responsible for our economic upheavel, however it was a necessity that made our Raj style government in 1991 wake up and implement these reforms than intention to change. And it was not something only MMS could do.

When i was doing some research for a assignment i had to do in MBA course, i came across a small book on harshad mehta scam. I don't remember the exact name of book or its writer, however it was a good read and eye opener.

The writer went on to explain the rampant corruption, the protectionist policies of state and explotation of markets by a powerful few at that time, which combined brought the Indian state to bankruptcy and how the government tried to pawn our country's gold reserves to Bank of London and tried to sneak out the gold on a private chartered plane in the night, which was to leave for japan and there on to London. However some brave journalist/ists brought out the truth and the government stopped short for the fear of losing power. It was these kind of circumstances that made MMS ascend in to the limelight. It is nothing special for a LSE graduate to workout from there on when given a free run.

I dunno I kinda think it started with Nehru and his bunch. Also I don't like Ms. Gandhi, I'm sorry for what happened to her but she exemplified the worst things about Indian leadership.

it started from even before....the congress had a 200 year old history and Nehru 's father was an early congress lawyer.....

In effect the BJP and the left parties are the ones which are truly democratic in India.....all the rest ....the South indian parties (AIADMK & DMK)....the U.P , Bihar , Rajasthan and Maharashtra ones are either caste based or dynastic in nature.....

and given the circumstances then as a leader she(Mrs Gandhi) did a remarkable job.....as regards the establishment of dynastic politics ....one of her worst mistakes no doubt....

Well I persoanlly consider ABV far far higher than MMS. He was the best PM India have had.

MMS is no doubt a great professional but the irony is that he is a beurocrat. There is no PM material in him. He is very best in role of a economic policy maker but he surely lacks vision of a leader.

People forget to give credit to PV Narsaimha Rao where it is due. He was the one who gave free hand to MMS. Without him, MMS could never do what he has done. This is where leadership comes into picture.

However a good news. Congratulations to MMS, to India and to all Indians. including me!!

Wow....Dude i remember having similar discussion with someone ealier(i think it was you) however i don't understand why people hesitate to give credit to the person who deserve it....

India was in deep sh!t in 90's when Narsimha Rao got elected as PM....Economy had to be taken care on war footing...Now if saying hey MMS please fix the country and do whatever you have to then we all are quite visionary....It is not that difficult, no???? B/W one do not wake up one fine day and become visionary, right???? Mind it i am not taking anything away from Narsimha Rao, he indeed was a great leader and is often considered as Father of India's Economic Reform's however the real credit goes to MMS...He was proposing these changes from quite long however all those were difficult decisions and there was no sense or urgency in making those changes...Rajiv Gandhi started the work however credit should be given to Narsimha Rao for spearheading those reforms...but how can we ignore the glaring fact that we were on the verge of bankruptcy and immediate measures had to be taken.....

I would have understood had Narsimha Rao or any other leader bring in those reforms much earlier...That would have meant being visionary...Visionary is not when you have been cuaght with your pants down and now you are doing crisis management on war footings....

As far as the bolded part is concerned i would like to ask what are your view points on Nuclear Deal that our PM snatched by risking his govt.??? Is that the job of a beurocrat who lack vision???? What specific areas you think he has failed the nations as a PM??? Let's see your list(i am assuming you passed your judgement based on some logical reasoning and not mere verbal diarrhea that many trolls do here...)

Last edited:
Wow....Dude i remember having similar discussion with someone ealier(i think it was you) however i don't understand why people hesitate to give credit to the person who deserve it....

India was in deep sh!t in 90's when Narsimha Rao got elected as PM....Economy had to be taken care on war footing...Now if saying hey MMS please fix the country and do whatever you have to then we all are quite visionary....It is not that difficult, no???? B/W one do not wake up one fine day and become visionary, right???? Mind it i am not taking anything away from Narsimha Rao, he indeed was a great leader and is often considered as Father of India's Economic Reform's however the real credit goes to MMS...He was proposing these changes from quite long however all those were difficult decisions and there was no sense or urgency in making those changes...Rajiv Gandhi started the work however credit should be given to Narsimha Rao was spearheading those reforms...but how can we ignore the glaring fact that we were on the verge of bankruptcy and immediate measures had to be taken.....

I would have understood had Narsimha Rao or any other leader bring in those reforms much earlier...That would have meant being visionary...Visionary is not when you have been cuaght with your pants down and now you are doing crisis management on war footings....

As far as the bolded part is concerned i would like to ask what are your view points on Nuclear Deal that our PM snatched by risking his govt.??? Is that the job of a beurocrat who lack vision???? What specific areas you think he has failed the nations as a PM??? Let's see your list(i am assuming you passed your judgement based on some logical reasoning)

Please go through my above post and u will know the real person to be appreciated was a jouranlist.

Along with this you have forgotten the most important thing that is holding us back. The formidable and unbreakable ring between corrupt politicians, government officials and anti-social elements. I have read in some posts that u are from Andhra, i am from the same state too. The above phenomenon is pretty evident here, and i think holds good for the entire country too. 99% of the politicians are corrupt to the core and would never let a change happen in the system. I am sad to say but in the 40 to 50 odd years of their ruling Congress's greatest contribution to our country has been corruption.

On the topic, i agree that MMS is a very able person, however i would like to mention something here.

Many hold MMS responsible for our economic upheavel, however it was a necessity that made our Raj style government in 1991 wake up and implement these reforms than intention to change. And it was not something only MMS could do.

When i was doing some research for a assignment i had to do in MBA course, i came across a small book on harshad mehta scam. I don't remember the exact name of book or its writer, however it was a good read and eye opener.

The writer went on to explain the rampant corruption, the protectionist policies of state and explotation of markets by a powerful few at that time, which combined brought the Indian state to bankruptcy and how the government tried to pawn our country's gold reserves to Bank of London and tried to sneak out the gold on a private chartered plane in the night, which was to leave for japan and there on to London. However some brave journalist/ists brought out the truth and the government stopped short for the fear of losing power. It was these kind of circumstances that made MMS ascend in to the limelight. It is nothing special for a LSE graduate to workout from there on when given a free run.

You are right when you say that Bankruptcy was the driving factor behind bringing in reforms...However crafting the policies is no joke...B/W MMS became the finance minister, got a free run and transformed the nation into second fastest growing economy.....India is lucky to have such a person who has written history two time for which nation will remain indept to him...

- Economic Reforms in 1991
- Civilian Nuclear Deal in 2005

Please go through my above post and u will know the real person to be appreciated was a jouranlist.

I don't mind discussing though no matter how childish the comment is, however only if one is willing to learn...I am, are you???

Journalist did a great job by bringing out the truth...Though not sure how could have govt. put this act nuder the carpet...This is democracy not some banana republic, however even if i take your words how does it belittle the work done by MMS????

I don't know how can people ignore great work done during his tenure....To name a few...

- 1991 Economic Reforms
- 2005 Nuclear Deal
- Policies like RTI, NREGA
- Opening of Nathu La pass resulted in $60 Billion worth trade with China
- UIN - Unique Identification Number

Are you telling me all this has been achieved because a Journalist broke the story???? B/W let me ask you the same question that i asked @ek-indian

what are your view points on Nuclear Deal that our PM snatched by risking his govt.??? Is that the job of a beurocrat who lack vision???? What specific areas you think he has failed the nations as a PM??? Let's see your list(i am assuming you passed your judgement based on some logical reasoning and not mere verbal diarrhea that many trolls do here...)

Last edited:
I don't mind discussing though no matter how childish the comment is, however only if one is willing to learn...I am, are you???

Journalist did a great job by bringing out the truth...Though not sure how could have govt. put this act nuder the carpet...This is democracy not some banana republic, however even if i take your words how does it belittle the work done by MMS????

I don't know how can people ignore great work done during his tenure....To name a few...

- 1991 Economic Reforms
- 2005 Nuclear Deal
- Policies like RTI, NREGA
- Opening of Nathu La pass resulted in $60 Billion worth trade with China
- UIN - Unique Identification Number

Are you telling me all this has been achieved because a Journalist broke the story????

Bro i am always ready to learn, please don't think that i am undermining the role of MMS but all i am saying is that if there was no bankruptcy the ensuing events would never have occured , a lot of time would have taken for us to open our markets.

You may find my comment childish but i think that on that particular issue, the media was our savior of the day. Regarding the issue of covering up, yes it would be difficult but i don't think at that time it would impossible what with the state of affairs in India. Well why to discuss about past issues, they are at our back now.

My real anguish is that India needs capable persons like MMS no doubt but not as a PM. A PM should be both soft and strong as the situation demands. If u still feel i am not making sense, please tell me and i will articulate my POV as mush as i can.

The middle-class has little or minimal role in Indian democracy.
And may i know who is responsible for it???? However with the proclaimes little role this is what is happening on the background

Over the next two decades, the country’s middle class will grow from about 5 percent of the population to more than 40 percent and create the world’s fifth-largest consumer market.

Tracking the growth of India?s middle class - McKinsey Quarterly - Economic Studies - Country Reports

It is the rich who can afford to stand in an election, and it is the poor who are majority of the electorate.
though same phenomenon throughout the world..yet i have little to disagree here

On the contrary indian eloctorate has matured a lot....Reason likes of Mayawati's are not our PM is a testamount to it.....More and more people are now voting for the work done by politicians and not just what caste/religion etc they belong to...Having said it there is still lot of room for improvement...we are no where near being called a perfect democracy(in fact there is none) however this aint 1980...so please update your knowledge base on this subject matter....

Easy to say....However if you closely watch parents will always help their kids in whatever way it is possible...So many actors of the past are launching their kids in film industry, i do not see anything wrong it it..do you???? However litmus test for all these people would be the real work they will do...If an actor son is not doing good his father can at max launch him but cannot convert him to a superstar.....For example Aditya Chopra....Similarly all the son's/daughter's of these politicians will have to work to get voted in again....People will vote for you for the first time because you are popular(for whatever reason - be it parents, filmstar and what not), however people will vote you out if you don't deliver...This is how democracy work....Since we are not at that stage where we are close to being perfect you may find odd instances however on a whole we are improving at rapod pace....

Look with 40% youth India and indian democracy has a very bright future....

Last edited:
@ Everyone who did not read my earlier posts, I paste them here again:

A PM also has to be a watchdog. He is the head of the family. Final onus is his.

MMS is a very great person, a great academician and a great Economist who served his country well and much better than most of us.

He deserves all the praise and awards he gets in fact I'd suggest we should give him Bharat Ratna for it was he who put India on the path of progress. Remember we were nearly bankrupt in 1991 and then came MMS and changed everything.

BUT and this is a big BUT,

Do these awards matter to the poor guy at the lowest rung of the prosperity ladder who cannot feed his children a meagre meal?

Answer: NO

Do these awards matter when the country has been shamed the world over because of the incompetence of a bunch of fools whom the PM did not reign in when he had the time? (read CWG mess).

Answer: NO. Accept it guys, the baby is dead. The damage has been done.

Do these awards matter when millions of tons of grain is r0tting in the granaries and that too when we have millions starving every day?

Answer: NO.

Do these awards matter when you have a cabinet minister who has seriously and probably rightly so been accused of cheating the country of a mind boggling Rs. 60000 crores and yet the PM refuses to initiate an inquiry?

Answer: NO. PM might not be corrupt himself but he is shielding the corrupt nevertheless. That makes him equally liable to be blamed.

Do these awards matter when you have record level of food inflation and your agriculture minister is part-time bearing offices of both the agro ministry and the world governing body of a global sport?

Do these awards matter when we have a large part of our country infested with Maoist pests killing people and securitymen on a daily basis?

Answe: NO.

Do these awards matter when we have not been able to purchase a single bloody artillery gun for years now and everytime we try, something or the other happens?

Do these awards matter when we enter into a nuke deal with the US which quite effectively curbs our abilities of conducting a nuke test in the future because if we did so, the deal would go null and void?

Answer: NO. We cannot test a nuke now for if we did, the nuke deal would be over.

Do these awards matter when we have a women's bill passed by only one house of the parliament?

Answer: NO. Had the PM put in as much weight behind the women's bill as he did behind the nuke deal, the bill would have been passed.

Do these awards matter when we have an NREGA and a PDS largely riddled by corruption and bureaucracy?

So tell me my friends, what good is this PM?

MMS is an economist and that's where his credentials end.

This country needs much more than an economist. It needs a leader. One who can solve problems. One who can lead the people in times of hardship. One who doesn't protect corrupt minsters. One who doesn't let the poor starve of hunger and yet refuse to provide them with free food-grains.

I'll give you all an example:

A few days after the Satyam scam surfaced, MMS said, "The Satyam scam has shamed India's image in the whole world."

Now listen to this,

It is widely known and accepted that the recent financial crisis was started because of the sub-prime crisis which arose as a result of greed and callousness of US banks and such reputed 'Pundits' on the wall street. (for those who do not know, do some research and watch the documentary 'Capitalism - A Love Story' by Michael Moore).

This financial crisis lead to millions of people losing their jobs the world over with many millions sliding back to poverty in developing couintries such as China and India.

Yet...Yet...

Did we ever hear Obama/Bush say, "The recent financial crisis has shamed the US!"?

Answer: No. Why? Simple, because no matter what happens, you do not make your country an object of ridicule for the world. No.Unacceptable.

I had immense respect for MMS once and still do so now. But the thing is he is not the PM we would like to have.

He is an academician. He is not a leader. He is never there when his people need him the most. What kind of a PM he is?

Tell me, does your dad or my dad run the family this way? Quite simply, NO! Why? because every matter of the family is a matter of the head of the family. PM cannot escape responsibility in the name of 'collective responsibility'

When Arhar dal reaches Rs. 100, PM is as much responsible as is the agro minister if not more.

When A raja embezzles 60000 crore, PM is as much responsible as is the A RAJA if not more.

When CWG games become a mess and the nation is shamed the world over, PM is as much responsible as is Kalmadi if not more.

i can go on...hope you get my point.:wave:

Bro i am always ready to learn, please don't think that i am undermining the role of MMS but all i am saying is that if there was no bankruptcy the ensuing events would never have occured , a lot of time would have taken for us to open our markets.

And i am with you on this....The reforms were proposed many times but since they were some tough decisions no one wanted to risk his/her political career...So if you are sayign bankruptcy was the driving factor to bring in reforms then you are right, however bankruptcy was the driving factor and that's about it....The person who sat their and washed all the dirty laundry was MMS.....As a finance minister(for the first time) he took some very hard decisions and India is enjoying the results...

You may find my comment childish but i think that on that particular issue, the media was our savior of the day. Regarding the issue of covering up, yes it would be difficult but i don't think at that time it would impossible what with the state of affairs in India. Well why to discuss about past issues, they are at our back now.
Don't get me wrong...Free and Fair media is the back bone of any democracy...Without media we will fail for sure...My comment is about giving due credit to the person...

My real anguish is that India needs capable persons like MMS no doubt but not as a PM. A PM should be both soft and strong as the situation demands. If u still feel i am not making sense, please tell me and i will articulate my POV as mush as i can.

When educated folks make such comments it disgust me the most....Mind it this comment is not on you but in general...

I have give list of some very bold steps taken by MMS...if risking your govt. for getting the most important decision of this century(read nuke deal) is not being strong then i am not sure what else is...Read my list again and share with me what decision among those are not strong in your eyes...Also if you can tell me what decisions/actions of his makes you feel he is not strong

P.S : I hope him being a soft spokesman is not considered a weakness....

Regards....

Last edited:
@ Everyone who did not read my earlier posts, I paste them here again:

A PM also has to be a watchdog. He is the head of the family. Final onus is his.

MMS is a very great person, a great academician and a great Economist who served his country well and much better than most of us.

He deserves all the praise and awards he gets in fact I'd suggest we should give him Bharat Ratna for it was he who put India on the path of progress. Remember we were nearly bankrupt in 1991 and then came MMS and changed everything.

BUT and this is a big BUT,

Let's see if your but has any logic or just fancy statements...

Do these awards matter to the poor guy at the lowest rung of the prosperity ladder who cannot feed his children a meagre meal?

Answer: NO

Do these awards matter when the country has been shamed the world over because of the incompetence of a bunch of fools whom the PM did not reign in when he had the time? (read CWG mess).

Answer: NO. Accept it guys, the baby is dead. The damage has been done.

Do these awards matter when millions of tons of grain is r0tting in the granaries and that too when we have millions starving every day?

Do these awards matter when you have a cabinet minister who has seriously and probably rightly so been accused of cheating the country of a mind boggling Rs. 60000 crores and yet the PM refuses to initiate an inquiry?

Answer: NO. PM might not be corrupt himself but he is shielding the corrupt nevertheless. That makes him equally liable to be blamed.

Do these awards matter when you have record level of food inflation and your agriculture minister is part-time bearing offices of both the agro ministry and the world governing body of a global sport?

Do these awards matter when we have a large part of our country infested with Maoist pests killing people and securitymen on a daily basis?

Answe: NO.

Do these awards matter when we have not been able to purchase a single bloody artillery gun for years now and everytime we try, something or the other happens?

Do these awards matter when we enter into a nuke deal with the US which quite effectively curbs our abilities of conducting a nuke test in the future because if we did so, the deal would go null and void?

Answer: NO. We cannot test a nuke now for if we did, the nuke deal would be over.

Do these awards matter when we have a women's bill passed by only one house of the parliament?

Answer: NO. Had the PM put in as much weight behind the women's bill as he did behind the nuke deal, the bill would have been passed.

Do these awards matter when we have an NREGA and a PDS largely riddled by corruption and bureaucracy?

So tell me my friends, what good is this PM?

I was right...do not have much logic but big statements...Let me summarize the problems you have mentioned

- Poverty : It's time for you to update your knowledge on poverty stats...Look at where we were 10 years ago vs now...B/W he is a PM not a magician that can wipe out poverty as you speak....Anyways his records are much better then rest of his counterparts....

- CWG : Geez, he is a PM.....It is the job of concerning authority to work on it...His job is to ensure they have all what they need to get the job done...Tomorrow you will blame him for electricity cut on your home because of faulty wire....b/W a read for you
PM intervenes in CWG, orders steps to rectify deficiencies | Sports

- Food ******* : This is a problem that India is facing from ages...However i would like to see it rectified ASAP...As said above there is a reason food minister job was created...b/w if MMS PM candidature is doubtful because of this issue then India never had any PM....

- Food Inflation : You need to do some economics 101...Mind it i am not saying GOI has done everything it can however recession, fuel prices and bad monsoon in previous years had a big role to play here...Again not a benchmark to say he is not fit to be PM....

- Moist Problem : Now you need to learn security management of India...Home Minister job was created for this reason only....Anyways Center don't have much role to play here...it is respective states and since it is a political problem due to decades of neglect blaming MMS for it is stupid....

- Women's bill : Now you need to learn how bills are passed in our Parliament. Women's bill is one issue that our politicians are rappelling from decades...Again something that MMS cannot do much about...You just cannot risk your govt. for every bill...You have to have priorities in place...

- Corruption : Have you heard about RTI??? This act also came in during this inept PM time...Do you know what it is used for??? Anti-Corruption...

Mind it all your comments are valid when someone ask the problems India is facing....Corruption is the leading problem we have, however attributing all this to a PM without going into how's and why's is not a work of intellect...Most of the problems you have mentioned are something that we have been facing since independence...Now i can understand if you are whacking PM because all this has increased in his tenure(which is not the case) however rooting out these problems will take time(in fact some of them cannot be rooted out)....

MMS is an economist and that's where his credentials end.
As said if the above parameters is used to justify that MMS is not a PM candidature then i am afraid India has never seen a PM...

This country needs much more than an economist. It needs a leader. One who can solve problems. One who can lead the people in times of hardship. One who doesn't protect corrupt minsters. One who doesn't let the poor starve of hunger and yet refuse to provide them with free food-grains.
It just tell's me that you have no idea how many complex problems MMS has solved....and are judging him on one issue without even fully knowing the complexities involved in distributing food grains to poor for free...

I'll give you all an example:

A few days after the Satyam scam surfaced, MMS said, "The Satyam scam has shamed India's image in the whole world."

Now listen to this,

It is widely known and accepted that the recent financial crisis was started because of the sub-prime crisis which arose as a result of greed and callousness of US banks and such reputed 'Pundits' on the wall street. (for those who do not know, do some research and watch the documentary 'Capitalism - A Love Story' by Michael Moore).

This financial crisis lead to millions of people losing their jobs the world over with many millions sliding back to poverty in developing couintries such as China and India.

Yet...Yet...

Did we ever hear Obama/Bush say, "The recent financial crisis has shamed the US!"?

Answer: No. Why? Simple, because no matter what happens, you do not make your country an object of ridicule for the world. No.Unacceptable.

Then you have no clue about the Satyam fraud vs lack of regulations that resulted in Wall Street collapse, also you don't have understanding about American Politics....

I had immense respect for MMS once and still do so now. But the thing is he is not the PM we would like to have.

He is an academician. He is not a leader. He is never there when his people need him the most. What kind of a PM he is?

what, care to give instance when he has failed the nation????

Tell me, does your dad or my dad run the family this way? Quite simply, NO! Why? because every matter of the family is a matter of the head of the family. PM cannot escape responsibility in the name of 'collective responsibility'

When Arhar dal reaches Rs. 100, PM is as much responsible as is the agro minister if not more.

When A raja embezzles 60000 crore, PM is as much responsible as is the A RAJA if not more.

When CWG games become a mess and the nation is shamed the world over, PM is as much responsible as is Kalmadi if not more.

i can go on...hope you get my point.:wave:
Why stop at PM...PM has been chosen by us, so in short we are as much responsible for all the wrong doings in our country....I hope you see the point...

Last edited:
First of all thanks for replying. I thought nobody even bothered to read what I posted.:cheers:

Let's see if your but has any logic or just fancy statements...

The BUT has a logic. Question is "Are you able/willing to see it?".

- Poverty : It's time for you to update your knowledge on poverty stats...Look at where we were 10 years ago vs now...B/W he is a PM not a magician that can wipe out poverty as you speak....Anyways his records are much better then rest of his counterparts....

Tell me buddy,

Arhar Dal - Rs. 100 in MMS' time

Other lentils - Rs. 60-80 in MMS' time

Vegetables - Fluctuating from Rs. 30-60/Kg in MMS' time

Petrol - Reached above 50 in MMS' time and that when global oil prices have declined.

Now tell me how can the poorest guy afford a decently nutritious diet? You and I can, he cannot!

You know why I blame MMS? Because his very policy states "Whatever the problem, increase the prices". This policy revolves around the basic capitalist principle that you make people pay more for what they want and the money pumped into the economy by means of this will keep the economy in good shape. But there is a problem with this pronciple and it is that the poorest guy who is not able to afford the rising cost is not able to buy the products he needs. It's quite simple, no rocket science.

By the way, I'm myself no Marxist or anything in fact I full well realise the benefits of Capitalism but some of MMS' policies (not many but some) hit the poorest when it hurts the most.

- CWG : Geez, he is a PM.....It is the job of concerning authority to work on it...His job is to ensure they have all what they need to get the job done...Tomorrow you will blame him for electricity cut on your home because of faulty wire....b/W a read for you
PM intervenes in CWG, orders steps to rectify deficiencies | Sports

The link you provided didn't work so let me come back to explaining my point to you.

Tell me, you are the PM; you know something fishy is going on in the biggest international even your country has ever hosted; yet you do nothing...

MMS became PM in 2004 and India had been awarded the CWG 2010 by then. From 2004 to 2009 ( a full 6 years) MMS was sleeping, virtually sleeping when it came to CWG. How can he go Scot free now?

It's very simple logic buddy. Tell me, you are the boss and you have been awarded a very important project which is one of the many you handle. You relegate the responsibility of this project to a team of people whom you feel to be capable enough to handle the project well and make it a success.

Now you sleep for 6 years and get on with other projects of importance forgetting to take stock of the situation of that project from time to time.

You never ask that team what it is doing with the project.

You never take stock of the situation/progress of that project thinking that "all must be well"

One fine day, you are reminded by the media of some glaring irregularities in the management of that project and how the success of the project would be jeopardised if you did not take any immediate action....you take a superficial stock of the project and when that team tells you 'Saar, All IJ WELL", you blindly trust them and again go to sleep (read get busy with other projects).

Your team is accused of corruption, you take no action.

Your team is accused of mismanagement, you take no action.

A few days before the completion of the project, you suddenly realise (thanks to the pandemonium in the media and the public) that something went horribly wrong while you were sleeping (read busy with other projects). Now you take stock of the situation and do all that is being done now at the eleventh hour.

But hey buddy...wakey wakey....it is too late now. Your country has been shamed the world over. You decide to take matters in your own hands but it won't make an iota of difference because many athletes have decided to pull out. Some country's PM (New Zealand) is lecturing your country about the futility of participating in your project. The English are taking stock 'day by day'...cmon...you have become a laughing stock now the world over. Show's over baby!

Now my dear, in the above story, replace 'you' by 'MMS', 'project' by 'CWG'.

In short, the boss cannot escape responsibility by pitting all the blame on his incompetent sub-ordinates. It was as much responsibility if of the boss to keep taking stock of the project from time to time and keep your sub-ordinates on their toes.

This is called 'Project Management'.

- Food ******* : This is a problem that India is facing from ages...However i would like to see it rectified ASAP...As said above there is a reason food minister job was created...b/w if MMS PM candidature is doubtful because of this issue then India never had any PM....

You completely missed what I was trying to convey. It could be that since you are out of the country, you are not aware of the issue.

Let me put it in simple words but firtly you need to understand the gravity of the situation. Here, read this news,

HindustanTimes-Print

Now, a few days back the supreme court had ordered the GoI to distribute this ******* grain to the poor and the needy for free. You know what MMS told the SC?, "Mind your own business, we cannot!"

This is what I meant my dear. Isn't this criminal? I mean literally! You have millions of tons of grain ******* in your warehouses and you are more willing to let it rot than distribute it to the poor knowing full well that millions of poor children need that grain. Tell me, what is this if not a crime of the highest degree?

Food Inflation : You need to do some economics 101...Mind it i am not saying GOI has done everything it can however recession, fuel prices and bad monsoon in previous years had a big role to play here...Again not a benchmark to say he is not fit to be PM....

You know what I say to anybody who gives me this "worse monsoon/fuel prices" thingy...?

You don't know zilch about how things work in India.

Fuel prices:

Read this, this is today's crude oil price:

CRUDE OIL PRICE: Oil | Energy | Petroleum | Oil Price | Crude Oil Charts | Oil Price Forecast

And this:

crude-oil-prices-1998-2009-what-matters-weblog.jpg

And this:

Oil prices headed lower

Now tell me what is the dire need to increase the oil prices so drastically in light of the fact that inernational crude prices were at their lowest levels during the financial crisis?

In short, fuel price is falling internationally and rising in India. Why?

Food Shortage due to monsoon:

This is utter rubbish/canard spread by the agriculture ministry in order to hide:

1. Corruption among its highest ranking officials including the minister himself.

2. Inept management of FCI (Food Corporation of India)

3. Widespread corruption in FCI. And by widespread, I mean wiiiiiiiiideeeeeeespreeeeeeeeaaaaaddddddd.

You know what? Sometimes I really like MMS and Sharad Pawar.

"Accha choona lagaya hai dono ne desh ko." Just harp "monsoon/drought/food shortage"...and fool the people. ha ha ha...sahi hai...:yahoo:

- Moist Problem : Now you need to learn security management of India...Home Minister job was created for this reason only....Anyways Center don't have much role to play here...it is respective states and since it is a political problem due to decades of neglect blaming MMS for it is stupid....

Tell me:

1. How many times has MMS visited these areas and mind you they are the most backward areas/people you can imagine on earth. Literally. I've been there and I know it.

Dude my simple point was: In times of hardship, you DO NOT keep sitting in your office looking at files...YOU GO OUT AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING...THAT'S WHY HE IS NOT A LEADER...HE HAS SIMPLY NO CONNECTION (AND I MEAN NONE WHATSOEVER) WITH THE MASSES OF THE COUNTRY HE IS THE PM OF...

He is doing to the maoist problem what he did to the CWG...relegating his duties to the subordinates!

- Women's bill : Now you need to learn how bills are passed in our Parliament. Women's bill is one issue that our politicians are rappelling from decades...Again something that MMS cannot do much about...You just cannot risk your govt. for every bill...You have to have priorities in place...

My friend, had MMS really (and I mean really really) wanted to get it passed, he would have got it. This bill is so much more important to the country than a nuke deal for which he put his govt. at stake. Typical example of misplaced priorities.

- Corruption : Have you heard about RTI??? This act also came in during this inept PM time...Do you know what it is used for??? Anti-Corruption...

Ya and a few months back this very PM was in favour of diluting the RTI on behest of the bureaucracy and he would have done so had he not been stopped by Sonia Gandhi (remember RTI was her baby)...

I can again give it to you that you are not aware of the zeitgeist of Indian politics since you are not in the country.

Another point: A RAJA....naam hee kaafi hai:lol: This guy hoodwinked the country of Rs. 600000000000 (just count the zeros:cheesy:) and the PM refused to initiate even an inquiry...WoW...What a PM!

Mind it all your comments are valid when someone ask the problems India is facing....Corruption is the leading problem we have, however attributing all this to a PM without going into how's and why's is not a work of intellect...Most of the problems you have mentioned are something that we have been facing since independence...Now i can understand if you are whacking PM because all this has increased in his tenure(which is not the case) however rooting out these problems will take time(in fact some of them cannot be rooted out)....

I answered you point by point...now it is up-to you to make up your mind:wave: If you choose to be blindly ignorant...be my guest! :pop:

Then you have no clue about the Satyam fraud vs lack of regulations that resulted in Wall Street collapse, also you don't have understanding about American Politics....

LoL You really need to learn about the origins of the sub-prime crisis and and the resulting liquidity crunch man!

Anyways, I'll save you the hard labour I've put in, just watch "Capitalism - A Love Story" by Michael Moore, it should give you a fair enough idea.

BTW, my point was not the Satyam scam or the financial crisis...my point was the response of the country's head to the crisis.

When you are the PM and you say "The Satyam scam has shamed India." you do not know what damage are you doing to the country's reputation...you are making it an object of ridicule for everyone and THAT my friend is simply not done.

You do not say such words for your country no matter what happens! It's simply the poorest choice of words!

This example was enough to prove that MMS is merely an economist, not a leader!

Why stop at PM...PM has been chosen by us, so in short we are as much responsible for all the wrong doings in our country....I hope you see the point...

When did I say the people are not responsible?

I said "MMS is an inept, helpless and puppet PM unable to take tough decisions, unable to stand for his people when they need him the most and unable to connect with them or guide them when they need him the most!"...how does this mean that I have absolved us (the people) of any blame?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom