What's new

Indian-origin soldier says she faced racial slur

Thats what I said, tell it to them. The americans are so blinded by hate that they see every brown person as a muslim.

Again, the woman allegedly got harassed for her Muslim sounding name and not her skin color.

Keep going and it's strike one for the Canadian education system. :P

I did read the article if that's what you're trying to point out. Could you kindly explain how what you pointed out makes his woman a person of Indian origin?

And who told you the dad converted for the sake of marrying a Christian lady? Keep your presumptions to yourself.

I dont know if it makes it Indian orgion or not you should ask the portal of the news.

i pasted that to clarify why the news link might had used the word.

and the same news item said he converted to marry the christian lady

I dont know if it makes it Indian orgion or not you should ask the portal of the news.

i pasted that to clarify why the news link might had used the word.

and the same news item said he converted to marry the christian lady

Pata nahi hai toh chup raha karo, nah? :angel:

This is what the article says about the father;

He converted to Christianity after meeting Nova’s mother, a Catholic from the Philippines, and became a US citizen shortly after his daughter was born in New York.

Now where does it say that he converted specifically in order to get married? Perhaps he got disillusioned with Islam or maybe he had a revelation that Jesus Christ is the true path to salvation. How exactly did you zero in on your theory that you paraded around as the truth?

Again, the woman allegedly got harassed for her Muslim sounding name and not her skin color.

Keep going and it's strike one for the Canadian education system. :P

A totally uncalled for idiotic comment.

I was talking about the prevalent trends. Even if someone is not a muslim, he would be perceived so if he is brown by many americans.

You can refer to my first comment on this thread.

Pata nahi hai toh chup raha karo, nah? :angel:

This is what the article says about the father;

Now where does it say that he converted specifically in order to get married? Perhaps he got disillusioned with Islam or maybe he had a revelation that Jesus Christ is the true path to salvation. How exactly did you zero in on your theory that you paraded as the truth?

keep Islam out of your hate .

He converted to Christianity after meeting Nova’s mother, a Catholic from the Philippines

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ys-she-faced-racial-slur-3.html#ixzz2SrkEvXbq

A totally uncalled for idiotic comment.

I was talking about the prevalent trends. Even if someone is not a muslim, he would be perceived so if he is brown by many americans.

You can refer to my first comment on this thread.

Uncalled for? You keep circling around your brown skin theory while I already proved it not to be so. You can refer to my previous comments if you still do not comprehend it. Do we agree to the fact that whatever your perception is about brown skinned immigrants, that is certainly not the case here? That skin color had no role to play in this particular incident?

keep Islam out of your hate .

He converted to Christianity after meeting Nova’s mother, a Catholic from the Philippines

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ys-she-faced-racial-slur-3.html#ixzz2SrkEvXbq

Pagal ho gayi hai kya?

That is the same sentence I posted. It says the dad converted after meeting the mom. Where exactly does it say that he did so solely to get hitched with her? It's your hatred for other religions, which you thinly disguise by claiming the person converted for personal gains, that is blatantly on display here.

Nope no Indian Muslim has a Hindu first name...

3rd largest. (after Pakistan)

I had a friend in college named "Harsh", he was a gujju muslim. Even I was baffled. Hindus and Muslims do share some first names and also surnames, say for example "Sahil". There is also a politician going by the name of Ahmed Patel.

Nope no Indian Muslim has a Hindu first name...

There is nothing called Muslim name, or Muslim language... Just bcoz Muslim have that name doesn't mean its Muslim name....

1. Urdu: Hindi+Persian both are non Muslim language.
2. Khan: Derived from Mongol name Khan meaning "King".
3. Mohammad: A paganic name given to a pagan by a pagan, which founded Islam at the age of 30..
4. Bakr: Pre Islamic name, followed by Muslims. Abu Bakr , Father of Aisha was a pagan and he got his name from his pagan father.

So saying something is Islamic (Except Koran) is stupid, just bcoz Muslims adapted/copied/accepted it won't become Islamic.. If Today Hindu accept English language, will English become Hindu language????

I have a last name which is lineage to the village in Hindustan where my parents came from.
My last name has nothing to do with Islam.

My first name does, however.

Though Ive never seen a anyone with a Hindu first name that was a Muslim...

I have may be it so in this generation coz i know a lot of friends who are Muslims but they have Hindu first names and Muslim last names (family names).

Its not worth debating on frankly speaking it just shows how well communities have gelled together :cheers: nothing else.

So, i must say americans deserve to be in place like afghanistan for another 50 years !!

She is living the American dream.

Repeat after me....

"o'h the land of the,free and the home of the brave..,"

:enjoy:

I thought that in India, you can tell if someone is a Muslim or Hindu by the first name?

Just curious, would the name Barack be a Muslim or Hindu name?

Yes you can and if not by first name then you can definitely tell by full name.

Barrack is not an Indian name so if you ask someone who is Barrack? You will get "American president" as answer..

Well some Hispanics have been. And not all hispanics are brown.

There are many Brown people from Thailand, Philippines, Native Americans are also brown. Never have I seen any of them mistaken for muslim. Most Levant Arabs are pretty Whitish, as are Iranians.

Perhaps you mean south Asians are mistaken as muslims. Its unfair to put Iranians and Arabs in the same boat.

Back
Top Bottom