What's new

Indian or Pakistani Origin of Ancestry?

K^se

Reaction score
Well my friend wants to know if he's Indian or Pakistani origin, his family previous generations left Colonial British India years before the Partition of 1947, but after the Partition it seems his family left what is now obviously Modern day Pakistan. Well getting to my point of the conversation is he of Indian or Pakistani Origin?

-If you look at his family you don't even think he's from anywhere from South Asian descent, parents have blonde hair blue eyes, yes this would probably going into the conversation of his genetic history probably going to that of the period Alexander the Great or the Arryan Race Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, etc...

-I'm not trying to be a bigot or any sort of an ignorant prick, just want to know...

Sialkot paternally, Lahore maternally :D

To give precise answer to which pind we belong

Village Dadowali, tehsil Pasroor, Sialkot.

Last edited:
actually he still has the option to choose his country of origin .

since during partition people who wanted to be in India were asked to move to India and people who wanted to stay in Pakistan, were asked to move to Pakistan.

since this guys parents left even before partition -they have not made their choices yet .so they still have their option to choose .

there are a lot of sindhi(some of them my good friends) people in India with Indian nationality.they moved during the partition.

Village Dadowali, tehsil Pasoor, Sialkot.

By any chance you are an Indian origin making this up?? Indian are good at making fake stories. No way a gora would be interested to know all this. :coffee:

By any chance you are an Indian origin making this up?? Indian are good at making fake stories. No way a gora would be interested to know all this. :coffee:

Ofcourse I am Indian, so many times I have written. I have just put up both the flags of USA, in-order to avoid the wrath which is bestowed upon Indian members.

Dude, Punjabis residing in Delhi are mostly immigrated from Pakistan during 1947. Why will I get into so deep into finding the village name and tehsil name??

P.S I didn't read the article much and I thought OP wants us to write our ancestral villages.

Village Dadowali, tehsil Pasoor, Sialkot.

aaaa very good !!!! my village is Chawinda near pasroor. Other family village are sokan wind and klaswala :)

Well my friend wants to know if he's Indian or Pakistani origin, his family previous generations left Colonial British India years before the Partition of 1947, but after the Partition it seems his family left what is now obviously Modern day Pakistan. Well getting to my point of the conversation is he of Indian or Pakistani Origin?

-If you look at his family you don't even think he's from anywhere from South Asian descent, parents have blonde hair blue eyes, yes this would probably going into the conversation of his genetic history probably going to that of the period Alexander the Great or the Arryan Race Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, etc...

-I'm not trying to be a bigot or any sort of an ignorant prick, just want to know...

If he or his parents have no interest in returning to either India or Pakistan, I suppose technically he would be of Pakistani origin, coming from the lands and peoples comprising the modern State of Pakistan.

Without establishing some sort of connection to the modern State of India (winter home/secondary residence whatever), I don't see how he/they could claim Indian origin. The default in case of 'no choice' would have to be Pakistan.

If he or his parents have no interest in returning to either India or Pakistan, I suppose technically he would be of Pakistani origin, coming from the lands and peoples comprising the modern State of Pakistan.

Without establishing some sort of connection to the modern State of India (winter home/secondary residence whatever), I don't see how he/they could claim Indian origin. The default in case of 'no choice' would have to be Pakistan.

I thought after seriously reading the OP's lines, I came to the conclusion he is mocking and trolling. Blonde hair, blue eyes.. :woot::woot:

I thought after seriously reading the OP's lines, I came to the conclusion he is mocking and trolling. Blonde hair, blue eyes.. :woot::woot:
Plenty of that in the Northern parts of Pakistan.

My own extended family on the paternal side (Punjab) has some green, blue and various shades of hazel eyes - some brown hair, no blondes that anyone knows of though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom