What's new

indian nukes and no first use policy: the truth spoken mistakenly

Qutb-ud-din Aybak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...e-nuclear-strike-doctrine-116111001609_1.html
Defence Minister Parrikar questions 'no first use' nuclear strike doctrine
The no-first-use commitment was made after India conducted a series of nuclear tests in 1998
ANI | New Delhi November 11, 2016 Last Updated at 07:48 IST

Have broken middlemen-Defence Ministry nexus: ParrikarScorpene data leak "not a big worry": Manohar ParrikarAjai Shukla: What Parrikar needs to do to boost 'Make in India' in defence

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that instead of saying 'India won't use nuclear weapons first', it should be said that 'India is responsible nuclear power'.

"If written down strategy exists or you take a stand on a nuclear aspect, I think you're actually giving away your strength in nuclear. People say India has not first used nuclear concept. I should say that I'm a responsible nuclear power and I'll not use it irresponsibly. This is my thinking. Some may say that Parrikar says nuclear doctrine has changed. It has not changed in any government policy," Parrikar said at a book release function.

The no-first-use commitment was made after Indiaconducted a series of nuclear tests in 1998. Pakistan responded within weeks by conducting tests of its own.

"We used to get threat from the defence ministry of neighbouring country that they are going to use tactical nuclear weapon if they're threatened. The day surgical strikes happened, no threat has come again. 'Be unpredictable' is part of the strategy. But we have to have a written book so that in general, we follow that direction. Necessarily if there is any question or danger to the country, I will not open the book first," he said.

However, the Defence ministry has clarified that the statement made by Parrikar was his personal opinion and not official position.

"What he said was that India being a responsible power should not get into 1st use debate. But once again it is clarified that this was his personal opinion," the ministry said in a statement.

India carried out surgical strikes late on September 29, days after Pakistani terrorists attacked an army camp in Uri in Kashmir, leaving 19 Indian soldiers dead.

Pakistanis forgot the nuclear threats their politicians & generals gave to India hundred times. Even they have not spared Afghanistan on nuclear threats, so mature & responsible they are.
And here started to ponder on a simple news bite with shaken legs.

Pakistanis forgot the nuclear threats their politicians & generals gave to India hundred times. Even they have not spared Afghanistan on nuclear threats, so mature & responsible they are.
And here started to ponder on a simple news bite with shaken legs.
Lol yes shaken legs of paraker we still say we are not keeping to protect our necular its here to protect us. :)

Pakistan has the same stance on nuclear issue, We are responsible state and will use nukes responsibly. It just so happens that destruction of India is also our responsibility.

India should make an exception for the the countries which have first use policy

We must change First use Policy against Pakistan alone. We can't wait till we get nuked? That would be foolish. Incase of China and India both won't use until either side want to use it first. Not the case for Pakistan. We must fire enough nukes from land air sea so there won't me be any retaliation. Given the size of landmass and size of our systems we can achieve this feet. This will check mate proxy war against india.

Pakistan has the same stance on nucpeacissue, We are responsible state and will use nukes responsibly. It just so happens that destruction of India is also our responsibility.
I love the way you people drool over nuclear fallout of India.
And then you want peace :)

Pakistan has the same stance on nuclear issue, We are responsible state and will use nukes responsibly. It just so happens that destruction of India is also our responsibility.
Destruction of India ? First protect your own home land .

who told you tE]
I've been on this forum from the last 4 years. Never really commented on any post much.
But seeing this thing from the last 4 years About using nukes on India made me Comment today.
This attitude of people in your country will never solve Kashmir issue as you want it .
I have many friends in Pakistan who I talk with nearly everyday and wish to make more across the border . One brother wishes me to come for her sisters wedding in Karachi .

All I wanted is to say we need peace and won't get this with this attitude of both the countries.

You just said nuking India is our responsibility.
Booyah!
Grow up bro and I don't care how much of a senior member you are or anybody else be it Indian spitting venom against Pakistan.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-policy-former-nsa-shivshankar-menon-4384668/

Menon also said Parrikar's suggestion that India should give up its 'no first use' policy would not be in the country's interest both in terms of the strategic deterrent role of nuclear weapons as well as their role as weapon of war.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Published:November 19, 2016 8:41 pm

After Manohar Parrikar stoked a controversy over India’s ‘no first use’ nuclear policy, former NSA Shivshankar Menon on Saturday said the Defence Minister does not have the right to voice his personal opinion on nuclear policy in public, especially when it contradicts the official stand. Menon also said Parrikar’s suggestion that India should give up its ‘no first use’ policy would not be in the country’s interest both in terms of the strategic deterrent role of nuclear weapons as well as their role as weapon of war.

The Defence Minister does not have a right to voice his personal opinion on nuclear policy in public particularly when that opinion contradicts the official policy of the country, he told India Today TV’s ‘To The Point’ programme. Parrikar last week had wondered why India cannot say “we are a responsible nuclear power and I will not use it irresponsibly” instead of affirming a “no first use policy”, remarks he said were personal in nature.

“Why should I bind myself? I should say I am a responsible nuclear power and I will not use it irresponsibly. This is my (personal) thinking,” Parrikar had said. Following the nuclear weapons test in 1998, India had declared a ‘no first use’ nuclear policy. Menon said India’s nuclear weapons are “no guard” and no deterrent against Pakistani terror.

Threatening a nuclear response to a terrorist attack from Pakistan “would be like threatening to kill a mosquito with a shotgun and would be unlikely to be understood by India’s own people let alone the international community,” said Menon, who was the National Security Adviser (NSA) from 2011 to 2014 under the Manmohan Singh government.

Menon made the remarks ahead of the launch of his forthcoming book ‘Choices’, which will officially be launched on December 2 by Manmohan Singh. Talking about Indo-Pak relations, Menon said, “India-Pakistan relations are one of the few major failures of Indian foreign policy”. He said India’s Pakistan policy has not always been related to reality.

Talking about India’s “surgical strikes” inside Azad Kashmir in September, Menon said he believes that going public with them was not in India’s interest. It was designed to appease domestic opinion not to advance a desired outcome with Pakistan, he said. Going public meant that Pakistan was forced to deny the strikes happened and, at a later point, to indulge in a stepped-up cross-border violations, he said.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom