What's new

Indian Navy to Receive 6 MiG-29K/KUB Aircraft in 2014

Stop putting blatant lies out there. Where are you getting this from?

Short term the economy isn't great but India's longer term economic growth looks strong, the fundamentals haven't changed.

U stop pointing at the rosy picture ahead.
I live here,i know whats going on.

U stop being a preacher please,anyone can keep talking goody goody stuff,enter the real world dude.

And who told u long term prospects are great?we have the youngest population atm but no jobs for them and after this cycle of 30-40 years we will end up having oldest population with no potential.

So untill something is done in this period and we can grow at 8 pc or more for more than 2 decades we cannot sustain that old population in 2050-60.
The same population thats giving us a competitive edge in terms of manpower right now will be curse for us later on if we fail to utilise them properly.

U can believe what u want but the fact is even after being a 9 trillion $ economy and growing in almost double digits for more than 20 years,china is just a middle income country.

And what makes u think that we will do better than them?do u have a dream?a revelation?any angel told u?

Untill u do stop glorifying a 1.9 trillion $ economy with a population of 1.4 billion and growing at 4.5 pc as being perfectly acceptable.its not even remotely acceptable to the average indian.

And what fundamentals are u talking about here?

As pointed out million times we have absolutely 0 manufacturing base.
So u want to reach 8 pc growth on software exports only?
Guess what,that time is long gone and it shows in the value of rupee,inflation and the current account deficit.

I am just sick of people glorifying india and portraying as if we are doing great and just next year we may return to 8 pc.

We may,but we need that 8 pc for next 20 years and not another 2 years.
Until we manufacture and export commodities like japan,china and south korea we are gonna achieve zilch,nada,zero.

A naive question - Does it make sense to have 2 types of fighter aircraft on such small carriers? as we need maintenance facility weapons, spares, separate technicians etc etc on these carriers, Not sure whats the logic. in fact NLCA doesn't make sense on these when 29K is deployed. Any expert thoughts?

It does make sense if the fighters are meant for different roles, or provide different advantages. The problem with this mix is only, that the N-LCA doesn't offer any real advantage at all, that would justify a serial production and higher numbers on the carriers. The Mig is the clearly more useful platform, especially for the A2G roles and operated from a STOBAR carrier, which leaves N-LCA as nothing else then a PR project for indigenous developments, but not for operational advantages. It would be far better for IN and India, to get higher numbers of Migs, customized with techs initially developed for LCA (indigenous AESA, Kaveri engine, weapons, EW). But pride sadly is more important than logic here.

I am in favor of inducting few more squadron in IAF. MIG 29 is an excellent dog fighter with some scary capability. Actually India and Russia should jointly develop this plane further and put some awesome electronics on plane.

I am in favor of inducting few more squadron in IAF. MIG 29 is an excellent dog fighter with some scary capability. Actually India and Russia should jointly develop this plane further and put some awesome electronics on plane.

Russia sees the Mig 29K only as a stop gap, for future naval Pak Fa's and their funding issues makes them wait for us to fund the development and upgrades. If we don't customize the K's with credible Indian techs, they will milk us big times for future modernisations, since we are the only customer left, that uses the Mig 29 in larger numbers.

Russia sees the Mig 29K only as a stop gap, for future naval Pak Fa's and their funding issues makes them wait for us to fund the development and upgrades. If we don't customize the K's with credible Indian techs, they will milk us big times for future modernisations, since we are the only customer left, that uses the Mig 29 in larger numbers.

Do you know how much input is there in MKI? I have read that there is a huge input in electronics.

Do you know how much input is there in MKI? I have read that there is a huge input in electronics.

MKI, or now the Migs have basically the same level of Indian inputs, mission computers, avionics, possibly RAM and weapons soon too. The difference with the Mig however is, that we develop own AESA radars and engines, that would be suitable for it as well, while we don't have anything similar to it for the heavy class MKI. That's why the Indian content on the Mig can be even higher than on the MKI, if we play our cards right.

MKI, or now the Migs have basically the same level of Indian inputs, mission computers, avionics, possibly RAM and weapons soon too. The difference with the Mig however is, that we develop own AESA radars and engines, that would be suitable for it as well, while we don't have anything similar to it for the heavy class MKI. That's why the Indian content on the Mig can be even higher than on the MKI, if we play our cards right.

Thanks.

Yes Missile approaching system, Tarang etc also.

Kota HariNarayan told that Kaveri shall be operational in next 5 years. Do you have nay Idea of progress in Kaveri?

Thanks.

Yes Missile approaching system, Tarang etc also.

Kota HariNarayan told that Kaveri shall be operational in next 5 years. Do you have nay Idea of progress in Kaveri?

The recent de-linking of Kaveri even to AMCA reports, doesn't sound that good, but I am waiting more how it performs in the first tests fitted in a Mig 29. The engine should be more suitable for that fighter, but still needs to mature.

The recent de-linking of Kaveri even to AMCA reports, doesn't sound that good, but I am waiting more how it performs in the first tests fitted in a Mig 29. The engine should be more suitable for that fighter, but still needs to mature.

Yes but the plane Harinarayan mentioned is K9 or K10?

Yes but the plane Harinarayan mentioned is K9 or K10?

Must be K9, since that is the only version under development today. K10 was aimed as a co-development or for AMCA, but since that is stopped now, they might only look on further improving K9, which also is aimed to be the base engine for AURA UCAV.

@he-man

Couple of requests. Do not go off topic, and do not quote things you have no idea of. ok?

There is no off topic post.
But yeah mig-29 k is an excellent 4.5 gen fighter with unparallaled features for being a carrier fighter.

Now sleep soundly:rolleyes:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom