Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian Navy takes boat away from Pakistani waters
GHULAM HUSSAIN KHWAJA — UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

WHATSAPP

21 COMMENTS
PRINT
THATTA: Violating Pakistan’s sea boundaries, an Indian Navy ship entered near the Kajhur Creek along the coastal district of Sujawal in the early hours of Sunday and forcibly took away a Pakistani fishing boat along with 11 fishermen.

Residents of Yousif Katiyar village told Dawn that Al Shehbaz boat owned by one Dilbar Katiyar was in the Kajhur Creek when the Indian ship with a heavy contingent of navy personnel on board got hold of it.

The Indian personnel manhandled the fishermen and took them away along with their boat, the villagers said. Three children were among those taken away, they added. The fishermen were identified as 10-year-old Jamil, 12-year-old Abdul Razaque, 13-year-old Mohammad Siddique, Ali Mohammad, Ali Asghar, Abdul Aziz, Abdul Ghafoor, Abu Bakar, Mohammad, Sikandar and Mohammad Murghar.

Published in Dawn, February 8th, 2016

WHATSAPP

21 COMMENTS
PRINT

Indian Navy takes boat away from Pakistani waters
GHULAM HUSSAIN KHWAJA — UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

WHATSAPP

21 COMMENTS
PRINT
THATTA: Violating Pakistan’s sea boundaries, an Indian Navy ship entered near the Kajhur Creek along the coastal district of Sujawal in the early hours of Sunday and forcibly took away a Pakistani fishing boat along with 11 fishermen.

Residents of Yousif Katiyar village told Dawn that Al Shehbaz boat owned by one Dilbar Katiyar was in the Kajhur Creek when the Indian ship with a heavy contingent of navy personnel on board got hold of it.

The Indian personnel manhandled the fishermen and took them away along with their boat, the villagers said. Three children were among those taken away, they added. The fishermen were identified as 10-year-old Jamil, 12-year-old Abdul Razaque, 13-year-old Mohammad Siddique, Ali Mohammad, Ali Asghar, Abdul Aziz, Abdul Ghafoor, Abu Bakar, Mohammad, Sikandar and Mohammad Murghar.

Published in Dawn, February 8th, 2016

WHATSAPP

21 COMMENTS
PRINT

Simple answer to this is that you take theirs.

Indians are bored
Or may be after charsada university attack this is another way of reaching Pakistan a lesson as their minister threatened

It falls in the domain of maritime security agency not Pak Navy I think.
Indian navy ship, "Navy" sir. I dont think Maritime sec has punch to face Naval size ship. PN is the main guardian of Pak sea. in my opinion. Correct if im wrong. :)

LOL. Some drama is happening. Pakistani abduct 12 of our fishermen and Indian abducting 11 of their "after violating the maritime border"
:lol:

Indian navy ship, "Navy" sir. I dont think Maritime sec has punch to face Naval size ship. PN is the main guardian of Pak sea. in my opinion. Correct if im wrong. :)

First of all the details are not coming from a reliable source. Villagers may exaggerate claims in order to free their loved ones who may have wandered into Indian side. Secondly, we don't know the type of vessal from Indian side but it will not be ship. It would be a boat. You dont expect destroyers and frigates to catch fishing boats. From the sketchy details, incident occured close to shoreline in creek area with shallow waters. Boats operate their not larger ships though fisherman can label them as naval ships. So yes, if so then it falls into the area of Maritime Security Agency which has sufficient firepower for a boat.

Please also remember sea is a very vast expanse. It is just impossible to watch each and every boat. US coast guards have very good capabilities and yet smuggling of drugs continues through boats.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom