What's new

Indian Navy Ship sunk by Pak submarine, first time after world war in war history

I don't know what type of special mines PNS use, but under sea mines are floating with anchors so they are fixed.

something like this..
202cf2f540293e1870bcb3f50aa312ce.jpg

Do you think that you can go into enemy's territory and have time and sources to place these kind of mines....these are most probably coastal or harbour defence mines. @Penguin

lol , when u have any tech knowledge , don't talk, go study first.

Pakistan has DSI special mines ....which stuck to its own host.....

sitting at a distance of 10K km PAK officials predicted what happened with sub. lol DSI based technology of communication and watching Live under sear......

You have now ideally proved that you belong to the DSI club commonly known as Damn Stupid Indian.
I guess the IN Sub that blew up in the harbour must have been involved in testing it's Ayurvedic combustion mines.

Do you think that you can go into enemy's territory and have time and sources to place these kind of mines....these are most probably coastal or harbour defence mines. @Penguin

There are a variety of sea mines, only some of which are anchored. Some are selfpropelled and selfdeploying.

Types of naval mines:
A-underwater,
B-bottom,
SS-submarine.

1-drifting mine,
2-drifting mine,
3-moored mine,
4-moored mine (short wire),
5-bottom mines,
6-torpedo mine/CAPTOR mine,
7-rising mine

2000px-Types_of_Naval_mine_001.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_mine

You have now ideally proved that you belong to the DSI club commonly known as Damn Stupid Indian.
I guess the IN Sub that blew up in the harbour must have been involved in testing it's Ayurvedic combustion mines.
I= Stand for some Religion also ;) welcome to the club....... Before throwing stone , check if it do not rebound on you......

I= Stand for some Religion also ;) welcome to the club....... Before throwing stone , check if it do not rebound on you......
Do you want to drag religion into it, be my guest... and yes before throwing stones , enlighten us as what type of trailer comes with the so called next gen fighter. :D

Do you want to drag religion into it, be my guest... and yes before throwing stones , enlighten us as what type of trailer comes with the so called next gen fighter. :D
For you its Religion first for us its India first..... how you treat your religion like that we treat out country.
I didn't bring, I just replced the world started by I

You will see soon the trailer.

There are a variety of sea mines, only some of which are anchored. Some are selfpropelled and selfdeploying.

Types of naval mines:
A-underwater,
B-bottom,
SS-submarine.

1-drifting mine,
2-drifting mine,
3-moored mine,
4-moored mine (short wire),
5-bottom mines,
6-torpedo mine/CAPTOR mine,
7-rising mine

2000px-Types_of_Naval_mine_001.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_mine

Mine laying
Laying a minefield is a relatively fast process with specialized ships, which is still today the most common method. These minelayers can carry [up to] several thousand mines and manoeuvre with high precision. The mines are dropped at predefined intervals into the water behind the ship. Each mine is recorded for later clearing, but it is not unusual for these recordings to be lost together with the ships. Therefore, many countries demand that all mining operations be planned on land and records kept so the mines can later be recovered more easily.

Other methods to lay minefields include:
  • Converted merchant ships – rolled or slid down ramps
  • Aircraft – descent to the water is slowed by a parachute
  • Submarines – launched from torpedo tubes or deployed from specialized mine racks on the sides of the submarine
  • Combat boats – rolled off the side of the boat
  • Camouflaged boats – masquerading as fishing boats
  • Dropping from the shore – typically smaller, shallow-water mines
  • Attack divers – smaller shallow-water mines
In some cases, mines are automatically activated upon contact with the water. In others, a safety lanyard is pulled (e.g. one end attached to the rail of a ship, aircraft or torpedo tube) which starts an automatic timer countdown before the arming process is complete. Typically, the automatic safety-arming process takes some minutes to complete. This is in order to give the people laying the mines sufficient time to move out of its activation and blast zones.

Mobile mine
The mine is propelled to its intended position by propulsion equipment such as a torpedo. After reaching its destination, it sinks to the seabed and operates like a standard mine. It differs from the homing mine in that its mobile stage is before it lays in wait, rather than as part of the attacking phase.

Back
Top Bottom