What's new

Indian Navy Ship sunk by Pak submarine, first time after world war in war history

Jhon Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
INS Khukri was a British Type 14 (Blackwood-class) frigate of the Indian Navy. She was sunk off the coast of Diu, Gujarat, India by the Pakistan Navy Daphné-class submarine Hangor on 9 December 1971 during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. This was the first warship sunk in action by a submarine since World War II. It remains the post-Independence Indian navy's only warship to be lost in war to date.

To date, Khukri is the only ship lost in combat in the history of the Indian Navy. Over 18 officers and 176 sailors were lost in the sinking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Khukri_(F149)

INS+Khukri.jpg

INS_Khukri_%28F149%29.jpg

Last edited:
And after sinking that ship they lost half of Country. I dont think its worth celebrating :) Its kind of embarrassing to talk about it in first place. Anyways have a good luck celebrating it :)
it just shows that the Battle on the Western front was much better fought, and while the ship was being sunk the PN or the IN didnt know who the victor was gonna be right? to the PN fully savored the moment

Ideally that was a huge achievement for us.
But tell me if we were to go to war today what would happen?
Do you actually think our navy can stop another kargil like blockage? .-.
We need more weaponry more advance more sophisticated weaponry.
Which we don't have

Ideally that was a huge achievement for us.
But tell me if we were to go to war today what would happen?
Do you actually think our navy can stop another kargil like blockage? .-.
We need more weaponry more advance more sophisticated weaponry.
Which we don't have

In these days Pak Navy want/plans to sink Indian Ship called Vikramaditya, It might take two and half hour for that ship to sink as its very big its huge. However Indian r spending billions of ruppes to protect it.
Pak Navy already plans every thing on How to make possible to sink INS Vikramaditya. Though its hard Target!
The destruction of Vikramaditya will be a great loss for Indian Navy!

In these days Pak Navy want/plans to sink Indian Ship called Vikramaditya, It might take two and half hour for that ship to sink as its very big its huge. However Indian r spending billions of ruppes to protect it.
Pak Navy already plans every thing on How to make possible to sink INS Vikramaditya. Though its hard Target!
Well i mean you could always nuke it.

Well i mean you could always nuke it.

Its not possible, One has to face the consequences for nuking.
Again, Sir to nuke enemy is not possible in any circumstances. Foget nukes that r for show//display or use it for energy.
Conventional?hybrid/proxy warfare the only options world left with. No to Nukes!

the indian navy wiped the floor with the pak navy in 1971 this is coming from some one who is absolutely neutral. Karachi was blockaded and many ships were sunk and crippled, the pak navy had no answer to the fast missle attack boats the Indian navy were using, the sinking of the above frigate of the indian navy wasn't the intended target what happened was that pak navy was trying to target a different ship, the torpedo failed to explode on the intended target and this frigate was alerted and tried to intercept the sub but got blown to hell, in short it was a bit of a mericle kill. It saddens me people talk about this as some sort of victory, there was a pak sub that managed to reach mumbai i think and they planned on sinking the indian aircraft carrier, they laid mines under water but ended up hitting there own mine and got destroyed. had that aircraft carrier been wiped out then we'd have something to brag about.

I know truth will hurt people so I wont reply here, there are massive trolls who make the living out of trolling(not directed to you). I apologize if I offended people here. Peace.

Its Amazing How You Indians Celebrate A Victory After A 1000 Years That Too Handed On A Plate By The Bengalis.

Pakistan Lost The War The Moment It Started.It Had To Defend A Part of It's Country Geographically Separated From It By A Thousand Miles of Enemy Territory With A Populace Thoroughly Alienated. This Naval Ship Sinking and Husainiwala
Go To Show That Even In Dire Straits We Held Our Own.A Man No Less Than Gen. Maneckshaw Has Praised The Gallantry Of Pak Army At That Time

Last edited:

In current scenario the term "Destroy" has more or less been replaced by term "Disable" when it comes to Big ships and big moving vehicles likes Tanks etc. Why waste so much time and resources on making sure its destroyed than making it disable. Main priority in case of war is to prevent enemy machines from doing the intended job and here you force enemy to redirect extra protection from war theater to protect this disable floating duck. It wnt go away from that place that easily and U can always come back to strike it after capitalizing on the space enemy has left for U by redirecting its assets to protect this biggie.

the indian navy wiped the floor with the pak navy in 1971 this is coming from some one who is absolutely neutral. Karachi was blockaded and many ships were sunk and crippled, the pak navy had no answer to the fast missle attack boats the Indian navy were using, the sinking of the above frigate of the indian navy wasn't the intended target what happened was that pak navy was trying to target a different ship, the torpedo failed to explode on the intended target and this frigate was alerted and tried to intercept the sub but got blown to hell, in short it was a bit of a mericle kill. It saddens me people talk about this as some sort of victory, there was a pak sub that managed to reach mumbai i think and they planned on sinking the indian aircraft carrier, they laid mines under water but ended up hitting there own mine and got destroyed. had that aircraft carrier been wiped out then we'd have something to brag about.
Just to correct you about your second part, the pakistani submarine was PNS Ghazi which came to Visakhapatnam Port to attack and sink INS Vikrant. IN shifted the Vikrant elsewhere (near the Andaman & Nicobar Islands). Eventually Ghazi was sunk by hitting a few depth charges which have been planted by a Rajput Class Destroyer near Visakhapatnam's harbour.

Last edited:
Its not possible, One has to face the consequences for nuking.
Again, Sir to nuke enemy is not possible in any circumstances. Foget nukes that r for show//display or use it for energy.
Conventional?hybrid/proxy warfare the only options world left with. No to Nukes!
Just send in the ssgn they can totally destroy the aircraft carrier

Back
Top Bottom