What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Second P-15B (Deb 2015):

QQ%2525E6%252588%2525AA%2525E5%25259B%2525BE20160226221428.png

@PARIKRAMA @ni8mare @anant_s @Ankit Kumar

We'll be needing between 12 and 18 new-generation destroyers for the foreseeable future. That's not including the 3 Delhi-class ships with SLEP upgrades.

But so far only 7 are confirmed (3 P-15A & 4 P-15B), which almost throws the door open for further P-15B orders and the new rumored P-18 DDG.

We might choose to ignore it at the moment...but we're wasting precious time by not bringing those private yards into the big business. The plans to build 3-4 new Talwar-class frigates here at private-sector shipyards is a start, but the sooner we get things moving, the lesser regret we'll have to experience.

I feel as though the private-sector shipbuilding infrastructure is already lying there...woefully underutilized (atleast as far as warships go). The Babus are going to be the bane of defence production, again.

There is most definitely more space at the back. This is on the P15A.

Project%2B15A%2BDDG%2Bscale-model.JPG

kolkata-09_zps68071831.jpg

But models are models, there are always differences.

%2525E4%2525B8%252589%2525E9%252594%252585%2525E7%25259A%252584%2525E9%252595%2525B6%2525E9%252593%2525B6%2525E8%2525BE%2525B915B%2525E5%25259E%25258B%2525E5%25258C%2525BA%2525E6%2525A8%2525A1%2525E5%25259E%25258B.jpg

No, this is the oldest I've seen.
The pic I posted was also P15A, just PRIOR to the Advent of Barak 8. So, I'm looking for even older than that. The model above is actually how the P15A turned out with Barak 8.

We'll be needing between 12 and 18 new-generation destroyers for the foreseeable future. That's not including the 3 Delhi-class ships with SLEP upgrades.

But so far only 7 are confirmed (3 P-15A & 4 P-15B), which almost throws the door open for further P-15B orders and the new rumored P-18 DDG.

We might choose to ignore it at the moment...but we're wasting precious time by not bringing those private yards into the big business. The plans to build 3-4 new Talwar-class frigates here at private-sector shipyards is a start, but the sooner we get things moving, the lesser regret we'll have to experience.

I feel as though the private-sector shipbuilding infrastructure is already lying there...woefully underutilized (atleast as far as warships go). The Babus are going to be the bane of defence production, again.
Too much time is being lost in between design changes- the IN needs to stop ordering in such small quantities- 3 or 4 and order in large quantities 10+ with simultaneous production, I think they have appreciated this because the P-17A is axectly how it should be done (largeish order split between multiple production lines that will allow for rapid induction) going into the future.

In the past a lack of funds have been an issue that has restrained the IN from going for larger orders but this is all but addressed now and the IN is in full expansion mode, I have confidence they will keep refining their policies to optimise inductions going foreward.

check here: Source: Project 15B: Second destroyer- keel layed | Page 3
Along with successfully LRSAM tested:yahoo:..here is progress on P15B ships......with second ship showing ship structure closer to kolkata structure while the third being ready for keel laying :guns:

zdjjet-png.283613

adgdshehw-png.283612

this is actually true ....NGMV should go to private yards

We may eventually have 500+ ships and subs in the navy. But I think China will aim for 800+ ships. This over many decades, of course.

check here: Source: Project 15B: Second destroyer- keel layed | Page 3
Along with successfully LRSAM tested:yahoo:..here is progress on P15B ships......with second ship showing ship structure closer to kolkata structure while the third being ready for keel laying :guns:

zdjjet-png.283613

adgdshehw-png.283612

this is actually true ....NGMV should go to private yards
@PARIKRAMA brother, Is it ok to share these classified pics on forums . Ur givng good proofes to ur enemy already !

@PARIKRAMA brother, Is it ok to share these classified pics on forums . Ur givng good proofes to ur enemy already !

@Raftaar

These are images available on Google Earth. Anyone can see them.

There are similar images of Chinese shipyards as well. You can look them up.

Google Maps

The GoI has an agreement with Google that they won't publish pictures of of its most sensitive military locations for 6-8 months.

Navy to order more Scorpenes after present order of six is completed

11-dinakar-Scor_TH_2771580e.jpg

After several years of delay, Kalvari is scheduled to be commissioned by the year-end.- File Photo: PTI
After the completion of the present order for six Scorpene submarines, the Navy will place additional orders for them with Mazgaon Docks Limited (MDL), the government informed Parliament on Friday.

“In the particular area of submarines what the honourable member is trying to point out is the initial yard where the submarine is being laid. Now that is already vacant. We are trying to increase the number of submarines that they are making,” Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in response to a question in the Lok Sabha.

MDL has six submarines on order which are being built with technology transfer from DCNS of France. After several years delay, Kalvari — the first of the submarines — was launched last month and is scheduled to be commissioned by year end after extensive trials. The remaining five, which are in various stages of construction, are expected to be delivered in the next nine months.

While Mr. Parrikar had last year hinted about more Scorpenes, this is the first time it was announced in the Parliament. “We will not let MDL lose the expertise it has gained to licence-build six Scorpene submarines,” he had said.

Speaking at a separate event, Vice Chief of the Navy Vice Admiral P. Murugesan said the tender for the next line of six submarines to be built in India under Project-75I would be issued once the new Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) is released.

“Once the revision procedure completes, it will be time to decide which shipyard will manufacture the submarines (P-75I),” Vice Admiral Murugesan said. He was speaking at a press briefing on the upcoming seminar “Make in India” being organised by the Navy and the industry body FICCI.

Statement raises eyebrows

The statement by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on the deal for a new line of submarines under Project-75I has raised eyebrows.

“P-75I Indian, which is reserved for private shipyard, is a different technology submarine,” Mr. Parrikar said, contrary to the existing information that it was open to all compliant shipyards in the country.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom