What's new

Indian Navy MiG-29K

HAL built these planes on license in INDIA or they are coming from Russia ? Actually if possible can anyone tell me which aircrafts HAL manufacture, thnx.

I know of Jaguar.
Licenced assembly of Su-30MKI, or is it manufacture of Russian components as well? Cuz Su-30MKI uses several Indian parts itself.
And now the MRCA will also be made here.

974e5dfc623a16b53e40dad932c692bd.jpg

I am greatly impressed by the cockpit;

...............................JF-17 Thunder's cockpit......................................................................................MKI cockpit
5c103d7632390fb9f51f3b6184fd485e.jpg
c4c2e40fdda9fca873e24fd105d04dc0.jpg

The new Mig cockpit is defiantly an improvement over the existing MKI’s cockpit, but I still think JF-17 cockpit is much more ergonomically sound and gota admit even looks better. :)

Exactly my point, even LCA cockpit looks better then this. They need to upgrade Mki and at least bring it at par with the new Mig. I think HAL can do a better job with all the Israeli/French electronics they have available.

MKI Cockpit was developed in 1997, I think they will be different with the NEW HAL models. AS well when they go in for Mid-Life Refit, Anyways as it stands today MKI is far ahead of the 29k and JF-17, Actually we cant compare as all three of them are differnt class of aircraft.

c714bab902c80a6cf64796680b09645d.jpg

News Breaks

MiG is beginning flight testing
Aviation Week & Space Technology
07/02/2007, page 18

MiG is beginning flight testing of the latest iteration of the MiG-29K carrier-borne derivative of the Fulcrum, which is destined for the Indian navy.

The two-seat variant, the MiG-29KUB, flew for the first time in January. Under a contract with India, signed in 2004, 12 single-seat and four two-seat aircraft were ordered as part of the $1.5-billion deal covering the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov. The single-seat MiG-29K uses the same forward fuselage section as the two-seat aircraft, including the canopy. The second cockpit, however, is replaced with an additional fuel tank.

The MiG-29 could yet find its way into the Russian navy inventory, which only includes the Su-33 in the combat role. Commander-in-Chief Adm. Vladimir Masorin says its future carrier requirement is for a ship "with some 50,000 tons displacement. We assume the carrier will accommodate 30 aircraft, both fixed-wing and rotorcraft." The new class of nuclear-powered ship would replace the Admiral Kuznetsov after 2015

Or I could Argue, Airforce prefers sidesticks while Navy prefers center..lol
F-35(Marines,navy,Airforce, National Guard etc )

Mishra,

I am pretty sure there are someother fundamental reasons behind it.

well, side stick would favour a right/left handed person... a center stick mitigates that!

btw, nice pics you got in here! :tup:

Back
Top Bottom