What's new

Indian Navy MiG-29K

^^Israeli sutffs wll be soft stuffs

Seeing the pic I can see composites are used.
Cockpit is not "cool", its just how it shud be, but thank god its hugely better than metre cockpit of rusky.
though i like Tejas cockpit.

cool cockpit is that of eurofighter.

Letrs see what a2a/a2g munitions it carries.

How many Mig-29's does india have right now in their inventory, Does india have any other version, except Mig-29K.

Boy i love this jet, F-16---Mig-29 combo

Melb,

That would be 66 MiG-29A all set to be upgraded to SMT standard for $1 billion in the next 2 years

Blain,

I dont understand the use of the center MFD, can the pilot see it properly, cuz the stick is on the way isn't it
what do pilots prefer sidestick, or center stick..
Whats ur take on the aircraft, what are defects or short comings to its likely adveseries

Currently 66 Mig 29 remains "some crashed".
wil be upgraded locally with local made MFD's, And new engines locally made.

Mig 29K is a diff airframe it is similar to Mig 35 but with less payload and folded wings.
It will be 16 based on carrier ins vikramaditya.

We wanted rafale on carrier but anyways, we are in need of
100 fighters for carriers exclusively over next 5-6 years and rest will be complemented by the supposedly more capable N-LCA provided it gets a PESA/AESA.

Engine: Two Klimov/Sarkisov RD-33MK turbofans each producing 11,100 lbs dry thrust, 19,840 lbs thrust in reheat and 19,905 lbs thrust in an emergency reheat. Engines for the Indian Navy's MiG-29Ks will have smokeless combustors, an anti-corrosive coating, a total service life of 4000 hours with a basic overhaul time of 1000 hours and a short-time increased take-off-thrust rating.

Take Off Weight (Normal): 18,550 kg (40,895 lbs)

Take Off Weight (Maximum): 22,400 kg (49,383 lbs)

Maximum Speed: 1296 knots (1491 mph; 2400 km/h) - high altitude.
.......................670 knots (771 mph; 1240 km/h) - sea level.

Maximum Rate of Climb (at sea level): 17,760 metres/min (58,260 feet/min).

Operational Ceiling: 27,000 metres (88,580 feet).

Maximum Fuel Load: 5240 kg (11,552 lbs).

Maximum Combat Radius: 459 nautical miles (528 miles; 850 km) - with internal fuel.
..................................702 nautical miles (807 miles; 1300 km) - with external fuel tanks.
..................................1889 nautical miles (2174 miles; 3500 km) - with in-flight refueling.

Maximum Combat Load: 5500 kg (12,125 lbs).

Avionics: The MiG-29K/KUB will be equipped with Phazotron-NIIR Corporation's Zhuk-ME radar, which has a range of 150 km in detection mode and 130 km in tracking mode, against a target with a RCS (Radar Cross Section) of five square meters and can also fire missiles at four different targets simultaneously. The radar will have functions for operations in air-to-air and air-to-ground modes, using Thales' TopSight E helmet-mounted targeting system. Both variants will incorporate a ShKAl wide-angle monochrome HUD (Head-Up Display) and the 'K' variant will feature three MFI-10-7 high-performance liquid-crystal multi-function displays, while the 'KUB' variant will have seven such displays. The ShKAl HUD offers a 26° field of view, which allows the pilot to keep an eye on a much wider sector of airspace and use his weapons more effectively in that sector. The 6" x 8" liquid-crystal display has a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels and can illustrate a digital terrain map & tactical situation data (information about aerial and ground/surface targets), thus enabling the pilot to maintain situational awareness.

Let me sum up the new MiG 29K's:

These MiG 29K's have no similarities with the regular MiG 29's apart from the structure or shape of the regular MiG 29's used in IAF. Even in that too, the wings can be folded, and composites have been used to a large extent to reduce RCS and improve aerodynamic efficiency.

These planes are basically designed on the basis of MiG 29M1 model. This model is essentially a precursor of the develpoment of MiG 35, ie the predecessor of MiG 35. MiG 29K has more than a few similarities with the MiG 35, apart from that has beeen customized by India. ie India specifically has asked exactly for what to put in and what things to use, etc, etc and as per what was revealed to me, has Israeli avionics, EW suite and many more things.

BTW the EW suite will probably be Mayawi that was co-developed with Israel for LCA and F-35. What do you guys think? Is it a different EW suite??

Its a QUANTUM leap for the IN, which was till now using old Sea Harriers. IN is sending its pilots to IAF for training on the MiG 29's. This plane will indeed give them proper deep strike ability. Sea Harriers would not be able to fight modern planes like F-16's.

Its a tad odd to see that IN has far more advanced MiG 29's than compared to IAF's MiG 29's. IAF MiG 29's even though upgraded will not be able to match these MiG 29K's.

Its more than likely that once Vikraant goes, the Sea Harriers will be used for regular sorties to keep a watch on the skies, give an early warning and hold enemy planes till the big guns come, ie either this MiG 29K from the carriers, or shore based Su-30MKI's and MiG 35MKI's and who knows maybe F/A-18E/F's?? :D

974e5dfc623a16b53e40dad932c692bd.jpg

c0a192881060f826e5ad4b2bb7fce123.jpg

I am greatly impressed by the cockpit;

Surely you do, so as i...... 3 large MFD's, HOTAS controller stick, hell of a fighter.

but i rather it had a sidestick controller for better viewing of the MFD

Thats ur view, but some pilots like it in the middle for better control with both hand, dono about the legs whether u can control by them.:lol:

e33ef60c6936802d1f788fc5bbc232b1.jpg

F-22 , F-35 ,F-16 etc have sidestick controls
bfa5089265f845da6f05267c52fbca1c.jpg

Superhornet has in the middle...

Why the change of stick positions....

Back
Top Bottom