What's new

Indian Navy MiG-29K

The Superhornets cockpit looks beeyootiful. The F-22's is pretty austere. An F-22 pilot's workload would be minimum.

Superhornet has in the middle...

Why the change of stick positions....

I was watching the documentary on the other day on Discovery channel, it was said, both ways are fine and has their advantages and disadvantages and this depends on the pilots what they prefer.

Side stick gives the advantage to the pilot to use the other hand easily on the throttle control as well as on MFD's plus other switches but lacks the kind of control with the pilot usually have by having the stick in the middle. With the middle stick pilot enjoys the control with the both hands. Again its just the matter of preferability.

F-22 , F-35 ,F-16 etc have sidestick controls
Superhornet has in the middle...

Why the change of stick positions....

Cuz its by different companies LOL
F/A-22 and F-35 are and F-16 are all by Lockheed(Side Stick)
F/A-18 and F/A-18E/F are by Boeing(Centre Stick)
;)

Cuz its by different companies LOL
F/A-22 and F-35 are and F-16 are all by Lockheed(Side Stick)
F/A-18 and F/A-18E/F are by Boeing(Centre Stick)
;)

Or I could Argue, Airforce prefers sidesticks while Navy prefers center..lol
F-35(Marines,navy,Airforce, National Guard etc )

Mishra,

I am pretty sure there are someother fundamental reasons behind it.

Or I could Argue, Airforce prefers sidesticks while Navy prefers center..lol
F-35(Marines,navy,Airforce, National Guard etc )

Mishra,

I am pretty sure there are someother fundamental reasons behind it.

F/A-18A/B/C/D used by USAF too ;)
F.A-18E/F used by USN

Anyways, who cares, both have their advantages and disadvantages.

467217e4c500740a589bd172173c748e.jpg

Rear Cockpit

From this Picture it is evident, that navigation system is not fully functional

Yes, i believe some Indian Navigation system, radio's etc are being installed in it as part of the customization.

Yes, i believe some Indian Navigation system, radio's etc are being installed in it as part of the customization.

Did you see the GPS on top of that Rear HUD, You can buy that in a super market. But it is very effective one.

Yep, but im sure, its not the same supermarket one. It would have been created for planesin specific, as they require a high level of precision, not given for civilian purposes.

Many of the civilian GPS's look the same mate, the outer case can be the same, what matters it what is put inside and the access given to that GPS console to the sat system. Anyway, ur right, this is just a test. We are getting a really capable fighter in the MiG 29K.

Back
Top Bottom