What's new

Indian Navy joins search for missing Malaysian plane in the Malacca Straits

Good move....:yahoo:

Frankly speaking GSAT 7 is a communication satellite . I do not know what role it will play in SAR besides co-ordinating ships .

I would have been happy to hear if RISAT has been deployed .....

I do not know what role it will play in SAR besides co-ordinating ships .
That's all it can do....

Truthfully I think this is spin, I think the IN's deployed assets are using the GSAT-7 for secure communication with Naval HQ as is, so it's not like the IN is tasking the GSAT-7 specially for this hunt.

Tasking one of the RISATs would have been a nice gesture but possibly a no-go due to operational reasons....

That's all it can do....

Truthfully I think this is spin, I think the IN's deployed assets are using the GSAT-7 for secure communication with Naval HQ as is, so it's not like the IN is tasking the GSAT-7 specially for this hunt.

Tasking one of the RISATs would have been a nice gesture but possibly a no-go due to operational reasons....

as usual our media is overplaying it without understanding the essence !

Rukmini just sat in the chariot and over seeing the rescue operation and Lord Krishna (Indian Navy) is doing the rescue .... :)

That was one heck of a reply ! amazing , how cum I could not think of something like that ....

That was one heck of a reply ! amazing , how cum I could not think of something like that ....

You can !!! if you try to imagine a little bit, simple :)

Just think of the picture I have posted and then construct the reply around it ..... ;)

" The Indian Navy's satellite Rukmini or GSAT-7 has also been activated to try and pick up any clue that may lead investigators to the missing Boeing 777-200 aircraft "

This is an absolute hogwash and pathetic piece of head-less journalism ....for a moment I also got carried away ...

Now that the search has been expanded to the IN's area of operations (Malacca Straits) it is only natural- this is what that member couldn't seem to understand.

+ can anyone tell me what "Rukmini" means?

Also @Indo-guy Which part/parts of an Aircraft can remain afloat for days when disintegrated over ocean?

" The Indian Navy's satellite Rukmini or GSAT-7 has also been activated to try and pick up any clue that may lead investigators to the missing Boeing 777-200 aircraft "

This is an absolute hogwash and pathetic piece of head-less journalism ....for a moment I also got carried away ...
If one actually knew what the GSAT-7 did, this would make no sense!

Also @Indo-guy Which part/parts of an Aircraft can remain afloat for days when disintegrated over ocean?

I am afraid very little ....

that too after 4 days ...hardly anything will be left floating besides oil slick to be seen from sky .

Off course several objects ,personal belongings which may have survived the crash and fire ..would be there but they will be as difficult to locate as a needle in haystack ....

As " Rose " says at the climatic scene of " Titanic " ....Ocean is like Heart of woman ....it can hide many secrets ...

Bermuda triangle has swallowed thousands of planes and ships without trace ...

Last edited:
It depends, from what I know of this topic, on a few factors. 1) what was the state of the a/c when it hit the water? If it was a mid-air breakup then there would be a lot of debris (some pretty large pieces) spread over a vast area 2) (if the plane was intact on hitting the surface-water or land) what speed was it traveling at when it hit the surface- also a caveat to this is the angle at which it hit the surface- as if it was at very high speeds (approaching supersonic) then, sadly, you may get very little evidence/debris to find at even hitting water at those speeds is like hitting a concrete floor because of surface tension. In the case of United Airlines flight 93, because of the plane's high speed and angle of attack there was almost nothing left of a 757 and all on board just millions of tiny tiny pieces.

at last.....
our navy is also participating in the rescue effort......
though it was bound to as the search area now increased beyond the st. of Malacca....in Andaman sea..... ..

there are many things.....
many part of the planes are now made of plastic so, they floats....but now it has been 6 days so ..who knows .....
any way the black box of the plane was either missing or was not working.....otherwise searching a plane have been never so difficult....

Great News!

There were 5 Indians on that flight. Its Good Decision.

Great News!

There were 5 Indians on that flight. Its Good Decision.

we would have gone for SAR even if there had been no Indians aboard ...

The area and region hold great strategic importance for us .

In a calamity of this sort nationality of victims hardly plays large role ...

We share close ties with Malaysia ...

and it fits perfectly with our look East policy ...

Back
Top Bottom