What's new

Indian Navy inducts nuclear submarine INS Chakra

Is there a plan to lease one more nuclear sub from Russia, if yes than when can it be expected to join the navy?

No, option for 2nd given up decade ago. Unfinished hull used for Russian Fedn's Dokgorukiy class boomer.

INS%2BChakra.jpg

Ajay Shukla yahan bhi pahunch gaya photo khinchane? :lol:

Just tell me the range of Products Pakistan Manufactures and India dosent?

Does Pakistan Build SLBM?
Does Pakistan Build 3rd Gen Anti tank Missiles?
Does Pakistan Build Helicopter launched Anti Tank Missiles?
Has Pakistan ever built an Indigenously designed and developed Fighter aircraft?
Has Pakistan built a commercial Helicopter?
Has Pakistan Built an Attack Helicopter?
Does Pakistan have Indigenous Avionics?
Does Pakistan have Indigenous Artillery Systems?

The List goes on..... And You still say Pakistan is better Arms manufacturer... Your military inducts your arms because you neither have money to buy it nor does any nation except Mr.Obvious offer you weapons.

How many times people had to tell 'Do NOT feed the troll'?

Why do these Pakistani's always talk about the poor? I know and Indian people also know and so does the whole world that India has problems, every country on Earth has problems, at least India is trying to fix those problems, do these Pakistani's and Chinese think India has a magic wand that they can wave around and make all the poor people rich or something?

Like I have said my friends love India and keep going back, I want to go to India to experience it, to actually be in the middle of it and also so my kids can also get a education in culture and history. My family and I cannot wait to get to India and the kids especially are very excited, a question will my kids get a lot of attention? My friends tell me that Indian people love kids.

Do submarine having anchor ? May be my question is silly but plz care to explain.

My friend who go often to India, can't stop talking about it, no I have time off work will be the best time to go, whats the weather like end of the year?
hey i think u r from france,i made a frence friend on my trip to rajasthan 1 & a half years ago... there r many french people who visits rajasthan every... if u do visit india,u should not miss rajasthan!!!!

Will this submarine operate with exclusive Indian crew or will still have some Russian officers on board for sometime.

Want India capable of combating any threat: Russia

Press Trust Of India

Visakhapatnam, April 04, 2012First Published: 21:03 IST(4/4/2012)

Terming the induction of INS Chakra into the Navy as a major milestone, Russia on Wednesday vowed to help India in its efforts to become a strong power capable of combating any threat and noted that bilateral ties had reached a unique level as "privileged strategic partnership".

Speaking on the occasion of induction of Russian-origin nuclear submarine INS Chakra into Indian Navy, Russian ambassador Alexander M Kadakin said, "Russia is India's best friend and can give everything India needs.

"We want to see India as a strong power, capable of combating any challenge or threat with pride and confidence as a great power in the making."

The Russian ambassador said the induction of INS Chakra "is a shining example of very confidential strategic cooperation between Russia and India, a new phase in its progress."

Recalling the induction of India's first nuclear submarine, also called the Chakra, at the same naval base about 25 years ago, Kadakin said: "That was the vessel of the previous generation.

"Today, we are witnessing the Chakra's reincarnation. This new avatar of the nuclear submarine with the same name is much more superior, powerful and ferocious."

Kadakin said defence cooperation between Russia and India goes back several decades, and "we take great pride in this relationship.... The best tradition of the military of cooperation between our countries are cherished and upheld. We do not want to compete with others.

"All these projects are strategic for India's future the way Bhilai and Bokaro were in 1960s and 70s," Kadakin said, referring to the steel plants and stressed that bilateral ties between the two countries "have now reached a unique level as privileged strategic partnership.

"It's symbolic indeed that today's ceremony takes place on the eve of another memorable day that is 65th anniversary of India-Russia diplomatic relations," he said.

Want India capable of combating any threat: Russia - Hindustan Times

Ferocious me liking that word :agree:

Back
Top Bottom