What's new

Indian Navy Gets Quotes From 4 Jet Makers for $15 Billion Naval Fighter Deal

Yes rafale deal is being paid in installments , check your facts before barkign here

Insult, abuse what else you know man?
I know you don't have answer for Navy's budget or/and other things.
Anyway, I know how to handle you:

imageedit_9_9681149680.png

Which nation sells arms on installments?
Installment isn't correct word, rather the payments are on Pro-rata basis, essentially they pay for what is being produced and inducted. So the entire project cost is actually spread over a period of time and is adjusted for inflation as well.

Installment isn't correct word, rather the payments are on Pro-rata basis, essentially they pay for what is being produced and inducted. So the entire project cost is actually spread over a period of time and is adjusted for inflation as well.

The rule of thumb:

You sign defense contract, you pay apx 15%.

Rest, when you receive (or about to receive notification) the consignment or consignments, whatever that be.

You sign defense contract, you pay apx 15%.
yes, that takes care of fixed cost components, but rest 75-80% of cost is still per piece of hardware wise.
I'm not privy to capital budget acquisition data, but still the total capital outlay for a financial year makes provisions for only the number of items likely to be inducted in that time frame, making the total allocations much more bearable number.

yes, that takes care of fixed cost components, but rest 75-80% of cost is still per piece of hardware wise.
I'm not privy to capital budget acquisition data, but still the total capital outlay for a financial year makes provisions for only the number of items likely to be inducted in that time frame, making the total allocations much more bearable number.

Rule of thumb;Indian Armed Forces:

Each unspent amount goes back to the government coffer.

People here are exaggerating things in favor of Indian Navy to buy F-35 and what not as if India is a advanced economy sitting on a cash pile.

Here is Navy's allocation:

def-budget-2017-18-fig-2_lk_0.jpg

Indian Navy's 14% share of the total budget defense of 54 billion means it gets roughly 7.3 billion.

Out of which it has to pay 42% towards the salaries:

def-budget-2017-18-fig-1_lk_0.jpg

So the net amount comes to apx 4 billion USD.

Any import and the Navy has to pay 30% customs duty.

So what is left of it for the Indian navy CAPEX?

Now you know better about the afford-ability of Indian navy.

And these are all government figures not mine.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom