What's new

Indian Navy delays sailing into new era of ‘invisible’ warships

I've seen photos of where india building their warships. The shipyard looks more like a junkyard than a shipbuilding facility. Not surprise at all seeing these ships going no where..
Grow up kid.... there r some pretty decent members in this forum here.
Do u know even to surf the net????????? I think u deleberately want to show of this. I think u need to work harder than this to degrade India. Better luck next time. Poor fellow.

I
Sorry but it does provide employment to millions of chinese and brings down the cost of owning low-medium tech products like toys etc...

It also has proven to be the better economic strategy with US owing China big time and now begging it to depreciate its currency.

It also has bulit the core competency from scratch which means it will in times to come manufacture high tech and high quality stuff...

So while we all have our issues with the chinese they have played it well. Very well. Give them some credit.
I think he is right here..... what ever we say about the chinese they r prety hard working people. Dont forget that. Instead of blaming them as troll it is better to ignore their unwanted posts. Remember we r also doing the same by replying these posts.
I thought we had some healthy discussion here......... Please back to topic

Grow up kid.... there r some pretty decent members in this forum here.
Do u know even to surf the net????????? I think u deleberately want to show of this. I think u need to work harder than this to degrade India. Better luck next time. Poor fellow.

I dont agree...Indians are not known to pay attention to asthetics, Govt of India is also known for its frugality.He is right about it looking like a junkyard...it just doesnt mean that it is actually is one nor does it mean its not efficiently functional as a dockyard; it just means it doesnt 'look' the part.

guys both indian members and the chinies members stop the trolling yes china thinks it can win with the quantity and india thinks it can win with the quality unless and until they face off u cannot come to a conclusion so stop trolling and replying to the trolls and if u have any valuable info to share please do else buzz off didn't want to use the F-word so lets be civilized

I dont agree...Indians are not known to pay attention to asthetics, Govt of India is also known for its frugality.He is right about it looking like a junkyard...it just doesnt mean that it is actually is one nor does it mean its not efficiently functional as a dockyard; it just means it doesnt 'look' the part.
The photo he showed .... Do u really think it is shipyard?
(it looks like a ship breaking facility) Really the only ship building facility in India? I have visited the Mumbai Mazagaon yard and I am in a position to disagree with U.
Indians are not known to pay attention to asthetics
Other than that I must agree with U.
Now it is changing very fast.
Regards

just a logic correction:

india having less warships doesn't mean they are better quality; it just means india has less. the 054 outclasses anything already inducted in the indian navy, though future ships may definitely be much better.

but u do agree:

Indian weapons vastly superior to Chiense ones....:cheers:

(the source whether domestic, TOT, joint venture, purchase and the distribution among these can be discussed on another thread, but what is the end result, vastly Superior Indian weapons)

superior in price, yes.

in actually fighting wars? no, most definitely not. manufacture stealth frigates, stealth destroyers, nuclear submarines, midcourse missile interception, induct the LCA, then we'll talk about quality. but as of now, we are not in the same league, it's like middle school vs. college. i'm talking only about classes of weapons india doesn't have, that we have.

superior in price, yes.

in actually fighting wars? no, most definitely not. manufacture stealth frigates, stealth destroyers, nuclear submarines, midcourse missile interception, induct the LCA, then we'll talk about quality. but as of now, we are not in the same league, it's like middle school vs. college. i'm talking only about classes of weapons india doesn't have, that we have.
Do u get the point what he said? He specifically mentions that whether it home made or foreign weapon at the end it s ours.
Oh ya there is gap in our achievement, but we haven kept quite.

Do u get the point what he said? He specifically mentions that whether it home made or foreign weapon at the end it s ours.
Oh ya there is gap in our achievement, but we haven kept quite.

stealth frigates: indias are bought from russia, STILL inferior since it uses the obsolete revolver VLS instead of the much superior single cell launcher used by china; this VLS arrangement is probably the most reliable since cold launch with single cell is much safer than either hot launch or revolver.

stealth destroyers: india has 0, china has 6.

nuclear submarines: india has 1, without the reactor, china has 10.

3rd gen light fighter aircraft: india has 5 LCA, but they aren't inducted yet.

this is not a comparison.

Last edited:
India needs US technology in order to stay competitive. And US is offering plenty but many Indians are worrying about TOT and sometimes refused the best technology in the world. I think Indians engineers are technically very strong but the politicians are not as logical and make dumb choices.

stealth frigates: indias are bought from russia, STILL inferior since it uses the obsolete revolver VLS instead of the much superior single cell launcher used by china; this VLS arrangement is probably the most reliable since cold launch with single cell is much safer than either hot launch or revolver.

nuclear submarines: india has 1, without the reactor, china has 8.

Many Indians still believe that Indian domestic technology are superior to that of China. Since you are comparing Chinese navy to Indian Navy, I do see why many Indians think that way.

it is just a reminder to the indians that they have a much longer way to go before even their purchased weapons can compare.

Many Indians still believe that Indian domestic technology are superior to that of China. Since you are comparing Chinese navy to Indian Navy, I do see why many Indians think that way.
When did we do that? Did u read the topic before comenting?

nuclear submarines: india has 1, without the reactor, china has 10.

PLAN Type 052C Lanzhou class destroyer (DDG) was the first Chinese ships to have VLS, which is the improvement of the Russian SA-N-6 SAM VLS, using the same coal-gas ignition method. The Chinese VLS eliminates the revolver design by providing a lid for every launching tube, which is capable of independently firing the missile inside because each has a coal-gas ignition chamber directly below. The result is simplified maintenance, decreased size, weight, and cost according to the Chinese claim. Due to the elimination of the revolver machanism, the power consumption is also reduced in comparison to the Russian revolver design according to the same claim.

That cold launcher uses coal gas ignition whose idea came from primarily Russian system(The SA-N-6 Grumble VLS utilises cold launch).
Dont Boast off yet.
How can u compare these two machines with only the missile systems. Anyhow the Russians use both. The Indian(Talwar) Uses only Hot launchers.
The Cold has the advantage of a bit safety while launching and maintenance.
How can u say the Hot ones r not good? Only u know.

e7d5cfb0068feec9de0dfecba4300727.gif

7063d78933994f443b88eb37ccfe0232.jpg

bfe04f6b3c68f1cc8042739a5514aeeb.jpg

9c486e5f913c14df3a4f7aabe873d62b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom