What's new

Indian Muslims on the creation of Pakistan

There is a myth that all Indian Muslims wanted Pakistan. Facts are otherwise. No wonder there are almost equal number of Muslims who decided to live back in India. Here is letter from Indian Muslims to UN;

I am a Mohajir in the purest sense of the word: my mother was born in Ranchi (present day Jharkhand), my father in Patna; my maternal and paternal side were both from Bihar. My grandparents (maternal and paternal) both left along with my parents (who were very young) in 1947, along with some relatives from both sides. There was a lot of family left behind too, namely the siblings of my maternal grandparents as well as most of my maternal side. My maternal grandmother told me recently that she couldn't talk to her sister on the phone after 1947, and she couldn't be in touch with her for a few years. It's my understanding that most Muslims DID want to come, but many belonged to the impoverished states UP and Bihar. Getting to Pakistan was a huge distance, and they couldn't afford it, plus there was also this danger of getting killed on the way via land. My grandparents and my parents took a train for Bombay (because Maharashtra had no direct border with any part of Pakistan, so it was relatively peaceful), and then went to Karachi by ship. They could afford it, other poor people from Bihar (which includes many of my relatives) couldn't. So the Muslims left behind didn't stay because of their choice, they stayed because they couldn't afford to go.

Indian Muslims have always been suffering an inferiority complex against Pakistan after 1947. They have had to endure some very tough times after 1947, where they had to prove they were loyal to India and had nothing to do with Pakistan. They felt that the creation of Pakistan would cause them a lot of harm, and they were very apprehensive about how they would be treated in Hindu majority India. If anyone with links to Pakistan right after 1947 was found, they would be in trouble. And in about 50 of the 60 years of the independence of both countries, Pakistan has performed better economically than India, which is another reason for their inferiority complexes. It's only till recently (after 2000) that India has done better than Pakistan, and look at the "happiness" of these Indian Muslims.

Billal ji

If your grand parents moved to pakistan then that doesn't mean other indian muslims were pro- pakistani ,majority of them were not in support of migration by choice. In your whole life u must have never been to Maharashtra ,nor any other south Indian State of India.my grand mother is from nasik(Maharashta) if ur grandparents took a train from mumbai then other maharashtrians would have joined them as well but majority of then didn't join because ,,,,, People of Maharashtra share a common language called marhi which is spoken by all (HINDUS, AND MUSLIMS) in common they do not have a gud Hindi Accent like people north India and almost every one lived in peace and harmony (Between hindus and muslims) for ages in Maharashtra plus most of them owned a big share of agricultural lands in accers which was a source of bread and income for them then why would they miigrate to pakistan when they have a sufficent (rizq)in india and the secondly a Marathi speaking muslims can only get along well with someone who share a common language marathi,,, the same applies with punjabis also can a punjabi in pakistan settle down in balochis or pashtons the answer world be no as he would find it hard,,,,, So check your facts before u speak in ur own self proclaimed way

Billal ji

If your grand parents moved to pakistan then that doesn't mean other indian muslims were pro- pakistani ,majority of them were not in support of migration by choice. In your whole life u must have never been to Maharashtra ,nor any other south Indian State of India.my grand mother is from nasik(Maharashta) if ur grandparents took a train from mumbai then other maharashtrians would have joined them as well but majority of then didn't join because ,,,,, People of Maharashtra share a common language called marhi which is spoken by all (HINDUS, AND MUSLIMS) in common they do not have a gud Hindi Accent like people north India and almost every one lived in peace and harmony (Between hindus and muslims) for ages in Maharashtra plus most of them owned a big share of agricultural lands in accers which was a source of bread and income for them then why would they miigrate to pakistan when they have a sufficent (rizq)in india and the secondly a Marathi speaking muslims can only get along well with someone who share a common language marathi,,, the same applies with punjabis also can a punjabi in pakistan settle down in balochis or pashtons the answer world be no as he would find it hard,,,,, So check your facts before u speak in ur own self proclaimed way

He is a Bihari and its his duty to support decision of his grandparents otherwise all of us clearly know the ultimate destiny of Bihari Muslims migrants.

Billal ji

Chod yaar. Kisko samjhane ki koshish kar raha hai. Mujhe is discussion se ek joke yaad atha hai 'A Wednesday' picture ka. The film star Khanna goes to the Commissioner's office and says, "mujhe target kiya jaa raha hai, kyunki mein minority community se hoon". Anupam Kher who is astonished tells, "Kaise Khannaji". And Khanna says, "Mein Khanna hoon. Baaki sab Khan hai". Even after Azim Premji, Dr. Kalam, Bollywood brigade, Irfan and Yusuf Pathan and so many others inko ye baat samajh nahin aati tho behes karna fizool baat hai.

Appears Pakistan's pre-mature birth was undemocratic if not unpatriotic to the sub-continent. No wonder we have glorified a loser army (recall 1971) and encourage the judiciary to give us the law!
Historically, we Pakistanis (non-nation state) encouraged tangent of judiciary and military to have some quick-fix governance instead of strengthening institutions through grass-root level democracy.

Forbes List of Billionaires has an Bharti Muslim, Azeem Premji. Bharat may be more secular than we'd like to believe!

Huh another false flag loser on this forum?

Chod yaar. Kisko samjhane ki koshish kar raha hai. Mujhe is discussion se ek joke yaad atha hai 'A Wednesday' picture ka. The film star Khanna goes to the Commissioner's office and says, "mujhe target kiya jaa raha hai, kyunki mein minority community se hoon". Anupam Kher who is astonished tells, "Kaise Khannaji". And Khanna says, "Mein Khanna hoon. Baaki sab Khan hai". Even after Azim Premji, Dr. Kalam, Bollywood brigade, Irfan and Yusuf Pathan and so many others inko ye baat samajh nahin aati tho behes karna fizool baat hai.

sahi baat hai bhai----ye long bhi naa kabhi kabhi dimag ki dahi banete hai

Inferiority complex against pakistan?:lol:. What is so great about pakistan which makes us suffer from complex the answer is nothing. if u are Happy Being A Pakistani then we are too proud to be an Indian and Why wouldn't we our ancestral roots belong to this country and so do our adaptability towards many things which is common among all the religons in India which is "Language,culture traditions and much more which do not harm each others in mixing with faith/religion......

Good for you that you are proud of being an Indian. Nothing wrong with it. And I an Urdu Speaker is also proud to be a Pakistani. I am not Pakistani just because we born in a geographical entity called Pakistan. My ancestors made a choice. We who left our homes and our everything in their ancestral land. And guess what despite we left what ever we had in India so many years later today despite Pakistan facing worst problems and India is supposed to be a future super power(lol) we are in a much better condition than our relatives living in India. ;)

My ancestors made a choice and it paid of for us. Again good for you if you are a proud Indian. Just no need to tell us again and again. We aren't interested in this rant.:)

Inferiority complex against pakistan?:lol:. What is so great about pakistan which makes us suffer from complex the answer is nothing. if u are Happy Being A Pakistani then we are too proud to be an Indian and Why wouldn't we our ancestral roots belong to this country and so do our adaptability towards many things which is common among all the religons in India which is "Language,culture traditions and much more which do not harm each others in mixing with faith/religion......

Faiz, he does not deserve a reply, why are you explaining him that we Hindus are Mulism are one and the same in the eyes of the GoI and its Judicial system. he is not ready to listen to you.

the interesing part was how jinnah able to create this illusion that muslims wants partition even he never been to subcontinent for most of his life...

In 1945 Elections The Muslim League Won All 30 Seats Reserved For Muslims.Many Of The Indian Muslim Leaders Who Signed That Memo and Were Supportive Of Un Divided India Lost Badly To The Muslim League So Much So That Their Security Deposits Were Confiscated.Maulana Abul Kalam's(Personally I Have Great Respect For Him) Was Pakistan's Staunchest Opponent.His Popularity So Plummeted That Muslims Stopped Offering Friday Prayers Behind Him.Not Only That,But Muslim League Also Won 95% Muslim Seats In The Provincial Level.45 Election Was Very Much A Referendum for Pakistan
You (and Any Other Indian Who Harbors Such Thoughts)Seriously Need To Come Back Down To Earth If You Think Indian Muslim's Support For Pakistan Was A 'Delusion'

The biggest bakwas is that the people who didn't leave, did so out of love for India.

My father's family had to leave everything in India and start afresh with zero money.

In the case of my father's family were like 6 sons and their children who were old enough, so there is hope that life would go on, for some people that hope was not there and they could not just up and leave.

Leaving everything behind is no easy task, yet millions came, so that's the real testament to it. Some of them are still alive and they wouldn't go back for all the money in the world.

The biggest bakwas is that the people who didn't leave, did so out of love for India.

My father's family had to leave everything in India and start afresh with zero money.

In the case of my father's family were like 6 sons and their children who were old enough, so there is hope that life would go on, for some people that hope was not there and they could not just up and leave.

Leaving everything behind is no easy task, yet millions came, so that's the real testament to it. Some of them are still alive and they wouldn't go back for all the money in the world.

Not true. Else how do you explain even Muslims in Pakistan that moved to India (though I admit a small number) during partition like some of Shah Rukh Khans ancestors? Or rich Indian Muslim indutrialists like Azeem Premji's father who reused to move to Pakistan despite Jinnah's invitation?

Not true. Else how do you explain even Muslims in Pakistan that moved to India (though I admit a small number) during partition like some of Shah Rukh Khans ancestors? Or rich Indian Muslim indutrialists like Azeem Premji's father who reused to move to Pakistan despite Jinnah's invitation?

In reality only Nawab of Junagarh migrated to Pakistan, all others Nawabs stayed back.

Back
Top Bottom