What's new

Indian medical students to sign return bond if going to the US

^^ But Desiguy's problem is that there are less number of PG seats in India. So he is forced to go abroad. Whats your take on that?

My take on it is he is a spoilt ungrateful cry baby who quite simply is in the wrong profession. And the wrong country.

Come to think of it, we are better off without the likes of these.

Less PG seats today? Than what we had in 1995?

Today you have DNB, with far more seats than what we ever had 15-20 years ago.

The point is, if you had to go abroad, and I refuse to believe its a spur of the moment decision (give us a break), then why did you do your MBBS in India in the first place?

Why did you deprive another Indian of a seat and the country and its 1.2 billion the opportunity of getting an additional doctor?

And all said and done, why not serve your people as an MBBS if you're not good enough or connected enough or rich enough to get a PG? You ARE a doctor after all. Realize what that term means.

And IF you still insist on spewing the garbage that the ONLY reason you are going to Amrika is because poor victimised high caste you did not get a seat, then what is stopping you from coming back after your PG there and serving your country like the government (and 1.2 billion Indians) want you to?

Answer 1: Dollar dreams.

Answer 2: Because its easier to buy a seat at that stage, say I am not able to get one on merit. As there are many more. And its the cheapest, quality Medical education I can get anywhere in the world.

So I sit for the entrance. If I get through great. If I do not, I fork out 10-20 lacs. Finish my MBBS. Then apply for the USMLE. Get a scholarship. Or baapu pays another 30-40 lacs. And then bye bye India. No strings attached.

Because after all a Medical education is an investment. And return on investment is quick and easy in the US.

and indians always brag how india is the best place in the world :rolleyes:

Idiots, have you even read the article ????

Would-be migrants who express desires to relocate to the US most likely come from populous nations such as China (22 million), India (10 million), Brazil (7 million), Nigeria (15 million) or Bangladesh (8 million).

Its apparent why you posted the link but refrained from posting entire article.

There goes all the High IQ, Megatons and Warnings down the Indian TOILETS

Indian government is spending hundreds and thousands of rupees on each medical student . The least they could do is to serve in rural areas for a small period. They have the rest of their career to make money.

who the hell is spending money?

its my dad not the govt.

bro patriotism can take hike ....I have seen enough of India ....only those people are successful who are who have contacts and can pay their way through or unless you belong to a reserved quota .....I am really sick of it. ...

I am 23 years old....since last four year ..I have been working day and night to improve my resume for Usmle... getting publications ...doing elective rotations in United states ...only for this day ...

never again,,, there are still loopholes available around this law....I would have thought about returning to India otherwise but definitely not after this ....I am not gonna stay in this country who favors only those with reserved quota....

sometimes i think we r living in a dictatorship not democracy

Are you studying in a private medical college?

it doesnt matter

Good Job...

We don't want to loose talent,now please make same rule for IT

but it doesnt matter if talent is rewarded properly

it doesnt matter

Of course it matters. In order to train a doctor in Kerala (don't know about rest of India) the Govt spends around 10-15 lakh on the lower end to about 40-50 lakh on the upper end. A student spends just 50,000/annually in a govt medical college while if he had done the same on a govt merit seat in a Pvt Medical College he has to spend 2.5 to 3.5 lakh annually.

After spending this much on the training of the doctor if Govt desires him to practice in India, what wrong with it?

But is it not truth that GoI spend lakhs subsidizing his education in IIT, in the hope that he will contribute to the progress of the nation. Then he goes to work for NASA and contribute to the progress of US eventhough US didn't spend a rupee on his education. I hope the bond system is also extended to IITs & NITs apart from Govt Medical Collegeu

Trend has changed majority of the iitians now prefer to stay in india ,unless for research because of the limited facilities available here.

Of course it matters. In order to train a doctor in Kerala (don't know about rest of India) the Govt spends around 10-15 lakh on the lower end to about 40-50 lakh on the upper end. A student spends just 50,000/annually in a govt medical college while if he had done the same on a govt merit seat in a Pvt Medical College he or she has to spend 2.5 to 3.5 lakh annually.

After spending this much on the training of the doctor if Govt desires him to practice in India, what wrong with it?

My great India........
gave my test.............after all the non-sense of reservation and watching lower ranked people getting seats in DMC and Patiala..............got a seat in college.
But my great India.........councelling was cancelled and fees of colleges was increased from 1 lakh per annum to 4 lakh per annum for medical and from 55 thousand to 2,30,000 for dental ( 5 folds)............( not by congress but by Akali-BJP govt.)

my great India.

now a student work his ases off for 5 years .............for a starting salary of 8000 to 10,000 per month.........lol

govt. says there is shortage of 8 lakh doctors...........why the hell you dont hire us?????

Doctors are literally begging in Punjab...............no job......no money............and 20- 25 lakh student loan...........

MY GREAT INDIA

To be successful in India............you have to be a SC or BABA or a politician.....

Trend has changed majority of the iitians now prefer to stay in india ,unless for research because of the limited facilities available here.

I was answering a particular sob story of one ITTian going to US to work for NASA bcs the salary offered by ISRO is low. In the midst of booking ticket for US, that particular pathetic character forgot that the impressive qualification on which NASA gave him job was subsidized by GoI(meaning the tax payers including the poorest of the poor) in the hope that he will contribute to the progress of this nation.

@ Harpoon.

whenever a politician or actor or cricketer gets sick...............why he goes abraod for treatment???

answer the question.............your all queries will be answered

My great India........
gave my test.............after all the non-sense of reservation and watching lower ranked people getting seats in DMC and Patiala..............got a seat in college.
But my great India.........councelling was cancelled and fees of colleges was increased from 1 lakh per annum to 4 lakh per annum for medical and from 55 thousand to 2,30,000 for dental ( 5 folds)............( not by congress but by Akali-BJP govt.)

My sympathies.

my great India.

now a student work his ases off for 5 years .............for a starting salary of 8000 to 10,000 per month.........lol

Hard to believe:

Thiruvananthapuram: As per the consensus reached between the state government and the government doctors, there would be a hike of Rs 4500 in the basic pay in the entry cadre with the merger of 76 % common special allowance with the basic pay. The revised basic pay of the health director would be Rs 53,040 and after adding two years increment it would add up to Rs 68,498.

The basic pay of assistant surgeon and junior consultant will be hiked to Rs 27,140 and at present it is Rs 24,040. As the revision would be with effect from 2009, they would also get Rs 1360 as increment for two years. With that the basic salary would be Rs 28,500.

Moreover, the eligible would get rural service allowance and PG allowances.

The new basic salary of civil surgeons would be Rs 40,640 and salary would be hiked to Rs 52,874 after adding increments and bata. Salary for senior consultant would be Rs 63, 042 and those of chief consultant would be Rs 65,770.

Mathrubhumi English - Hike of Rs 4500 in basic salary of doctors in Kerala

govt. says there is shortage of 8 lakh doctors...........why the hell you dont hire us?????

Doctors are literally begging in Punjab...............no job......no money............and 20- 25 lakh student loan...........

MY GREAT INDIA

To be successful in India............you have to be a SC or BABA or a politician.....

Welcome to Kerala as I heard there are not enough doctors here to even fill the vacancies announced by PSC. Also I don't understand how doctors are begging in Punjab. Just for an example there is a famous neuro surgeon living near my home. He consults 40 people per day at his home (20 in morning, 20 in evening) apart from his practice in a pvt hospital and he charges around 200 per consultation..thats around 8000/- per day just consulting from his home.For the record he did his MBBS and MD from Kerala.

@ Harpoon.

whenever a politician or actor or cricketer gets sick...............why he goes abraod for treatment???

answer the question.............your all queries will be answered

Bcs they can afford to.

On the otherhand hundreds of westerners & citizens of our neighbouring countries travel to India for medical care.

My sympathies.

Hard to believe:

Mathrubhumi English - Hike of Rs 4500 in basic salary of doctors in Kerala

Welcome to Kerala as I heard there are not enough doctors here to even fill the vacancies announced by PSC. Also I don't understand how doctors are begging in Punjab. Just for an example there is a famous neuro surgeon living near my home. He consults 40 people per day at his home (20 in morning, 20 in evening) apart from his practice in a pvt hospital and he charges around 200 per consultation..thats around 8000/- per day just consulting from his home.For the record he did his MBBS and MD from Kerala.

Bcs they can afford to.

On the otherhand hundreds of westerners & citizens of our neighbouring countries travel to India for medical care.

the money you are talking about is for govt. doctors........

fun fact-

doing MBBS in china is cheaper by about 3 lakh.....( so does that mean china is subsidizing education of foreign national.......lmao)

MBBS cost only Rs. 1,75,000 in romania...........as compared to 4 lakh per annum in India............lmao.........also its recognized in EU.

Govt. cant stop us from leaving this idiotic country...........Instead US , people will shift to Canada , Australia or Germany.

Canada gives PR in less than a year

fun fact- Punjab govt. hires doctors on contract basis ( no job security)

fun fact - After the gap of 4 years govt. hired 300 odd doctors through exam on permanent basis in which over 15,000 participated

the money you are talking about is for govt. doctors........

Actually in my place a experienced medical professional is paid better in Pvt Hospitals than in Govt Hospitals.

fun fact-

doing MBBS in china is cheaper by about 3 lakh.....( so does that mean china is subsidizing education of foreign national.......lmao)

MBBS cost only Rs. 1,75,000 in romania...........as compared to 4 lakh per annum in India............lmao.........also its recognized in EU.

Govt. cant stop us from leaving this idiotic country...........Instead US , people will shift to Canada , Australia or Germany.

Canada gives PR in less than a year

fun fact- Punjab govt. hires doctors on contract basis ( no job security)

fun fact - After the gap of 4 years govt. hired 300 odd doctors through exam on permanent basis in which over 15,000 participated

Medical education and medical practice in Punjab may be a basket case (I am basing my opinion exclusively on your comment) , but this is not the case in other states and also in central level like AIMS. In my state doing MBBS in Govt college is dirt cheap (just 50,000 per year) when compared to pvt medical colleges. So in my place atleast Govt has the right to ask the students to serve in their country after their graduation.

Back
Top Bottom