What's new

Indian Media to be banned from showing file footage of Babri Mosque demolition

Verbatim means copy word to word, so when the court does give the verdict, it will give the reasons for the decision, which can be repeated by the media. What is so wrong with that? Are you just trying to grasp at straws to find something to incite flame?

I think you are not familiar with court reporting.

There might be short verdict followed by a detailed one. So tell me what is illegal in airing the verdict verbatim ????

Let the nation know about the details

we know thats a muslim character....cause we live with them..and this was expected of them.

And you still supporting their killers

i would say calling hindus saffron brigade is an insulting phrase..is that a muslim character ?

:what::what: WHEN it became insulting phrase ? the last time i checked your Chadambaram used it very openly and the last time i checked it is called SAFFRON BRIGADE in India by saffron people themselves.

Did India ban airing the demolition video all these years?Anyone with an unbiased brain can understand why govt wanted to stop airing this two days prior to court verdict.

Did India ban airing the demolition video all these years?Anyone with an unbiased brain can understand why govt wanted to stop airing this two days prior to court verdict.

That is a rarity my friend . I was trying to explain that too.

I think you are not familiar with court reporting.

There might be short verdict followed by a detailed one. So tell me what is illegal in airing the verdict verbatim ????

Let the nation know about the details

HUH? :what:
According to the report, the channels are encouraged that
all related news “should be verbatim reproduction of the relevant part of the said judgment uninfluenced by any opinion or interpretation,” said the statement.

So what is wrong with this? If the court gives a decision, it will probably give some reasoning as to why it reached that decision, which can be repeated verbatim by the media.

The involved parties will probably be given a detailed report on the verdict by the court.

:what::what: WHEN it became insulting phrase ? the last time i checked your Chadambaram used it very openly and the last time i checked it is called SAFFRON BRIGADE in India by saffron people themselves.

I think he is not living in state of Gujarat..

Chidambaram is a saffron man???:hang2:

killers ?? whats wrong with you ??

then you should have checked,chidambram was openly criticised for that as well, and sorry if you mean VHP, then I dont think they call themselves as safforn brigade,though I heard other peole calling them so in an insulting manner.

It only shows that your Govt is failed to provide protection to its people and trying to get it at expense of TRUTH.

India is huge country with huge army and huge law enforcement agencies. call army if your police is pathetic for maintaining law and order

Then surely you missed some posts. on the other hand these are social networking sites NOT media and India had also put some restrictions on the pretext of Security ;) so dont jump to conclusion.

:what: we are not sissy :) so we protest against media curbs here and its been going on since Martial in 80s.

Our Media has a glorious past of struggle against tyrant rulers unlike yours

unfortunately miss we have not been blessed with tyrant rulers if u ignore the late Mrs. Gandhi and her emergency..
coming to the topic if the ban prevents the vitiating of the communal atmosphere it should be supported..

:blink:

Peshwa please watch and tell me how many people do you see in this video ??

They were in thousands. So thousands and thousand of people moving to babri mosque and your govt did not know it??

First off: You are purposely trying to evade the question I posed to you Jana...."How does Indian Media owned by Hindus" and the above prove that the media supports a Hindu POV?

There is no restriction on the movement of a "crowd/mob" as long as they are not violating a curfew .....Being a democracy, processions, demonstrations, protests etc are part of our system....
There is no evidence to prove that GOI was aware of the crowds intention to destroy Babri Masjid....so please leave that out of the discussion

The video of Vajpayee is not very clear and I doubt it speaks of the destruction of the Babri Masjid specifically.....Especially in the light of the fact that ABV has not been charged in the involvement to date....

Still one out of 3 Indian Judges says he is in favour of settling it out of court.

i dont see good signs for justice here

Jana....we feel similarly about the 26/11 trials and the role of judges in expediting cases or their judgements.....
However, we have to be respectful of the decisions of the court of each others countries.....

So please refrain from passing judgement on the credibility of our courts and show respect to them....esp when it happens to be an Indian internal matter

Last edited:
covering up and attempting to bury shame; not enough soil and dirt to bury it completely

the loss of lives, the subsequent blunders (utterly refuted ''ISI involvement'') etc.

it's more an issue of damaged pride...if it wasnt, it wouldnt have taken so damn long to lead to deliberations towards a verdict

covering up and attempting to bury shame; not enough soil and dirt to bury it completely

the loss of lives, the subsequent blunders (utterly refuted ''ISI involvement'') etc.

it's more an issue of damaged pride...if it wasnt, it wouldnt have taken so damn long to lead to deliberations towards a verdict

There is no cover up - there is no burying... all is clear as a crystal. Only those who wear glasses tinted with hate will see a conspiracy.

It is not an issue of damaged pride but sentiments of 2 largest religious group which call for a cautious approach.

Anyways saga is not over. Whatever the verdict - it will be challenged in supreme court. So you can save some remarks for your son to make when the SC reads out it decision - coz I guess that too wont be anytime soon.

covering up and attempting to bury shame; not enough soil and dirt to bury it completely the loss of lives, the subsequent blunders (utterly refuted ''ISI involvement'') etc.

Abu, It is easy to question why it took so long... mostly because of political reasons. Everyone knows whosoever favor the verdict goes, it will cause tensions in the country and it will be the responsibility of the govt to be answerable in case something goes wrong again

This will be a big turning point in India's history from a judicial perspective.. and a testing time for the current govt.

Abu, It is easy to question why it took so long... mostly because of political reasons. Everyone knows whosoever favor the verdict goes, it will cause tensions in the country and it will be the responsibility of the govt to be answerable in case something goes wrong again

This will be a big turning point in India's history from a judicial perspective.. and a testing time for the current govt.

in the interests of being fair, and practicing what i ''preach'' -- I will let your courts come up with a verdict after deliberations; regardless of how long and convoluted the process is

we all can agree, this is a hindustany internal matter; but democracy is not a concept specific to or reserved for hindustan; it is a phenomenon existing in many other countries. Curbing media and denying access to the broadcasting of information is undemocratic behaviour

but then again, so is extra-judicial killings and those are endorsed even by some 'democratic' countries (israil being famous for it)

in the interests of being fair, and practicing what i ''preach'' -- I will let your courts come up with a verdict after deliberations; regardless of how long and convoluted the process is

Ohh Thank you your Highness for allowing our court. And your permission has come just in time before 24th September...

we all can agree, this is a hindustany internal matter; but democracy is not a concept specific to or reserved for hindustan; it is a phenomenon existing in many other countries. Curbing media and denying access to the broadcasting of information is undemocratic behaviour

but then again, so is extra-judicial killings and those are endorsed even by some 'democratic' countries (israil being famous for it)
There is no extra judicial killing anywhere remotely related to Babri Demolition issue, and you are absolutely right when you say it is our internal matter and you already have too much on your own platter to last years if not generations.

No media is being curbed - News Broadcaster Association has themselves taken this decision keeping the sensitivity of the matter in mind.

If the same restrain was shown by pakistani media during lal masjid, situation might have been very different for pakistan. More than a handful of Pakistanis have shared this opinion and dont bother me by telling yours.

Thanks for the fairness granted to our judicial system.. But the irony remains that you wouldn't accept the verdict if it goes in the favor of the Temple and many of us won't accept the otherwise. That's just the way things are.

Btw... How many cases were deliberated in the Pakistan's judicial system for the number of Hindu temples pillaged and destroyed?... My count would be none... and I am not surprised either.

Apne girebaan main jhaank ke dekhiye janaab... phir doosron pe kichad uchalein (no offense intended... just came to my mind :cheers:)

Back
Top Bottom