What's new

Indian media--Hurriyat chief Mirwaiz Umar Farooq invited to China

tomluter

Reaction score
Country
China
Hurriyat chief Mirwaiz Umar Farooq invited to China

e934b7e59122c1aa424e71899f1fa49f.jpg

New Delhi: India may have rejected United States of America President Barack Obama's offer to China to be the supercop in India-Pakistan matters but sources say Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq is going to China to give them his perspective on Kashmir.

"Yes, I will visit China soon. I have been invited by a Chinese NGO to talk about Muslim issues. It is basically a Muslim NGO," Farooq has been quoted as saying by The Indian Express.

Farooq is likely to meet diplomats and administrators in Beijing during his visit later in 2009.

If the visit goes through, it would be the first time that any separatist leader from the Valley has gone to China.

Earlier Farooq had called for a joint contact group on Kashmir between India, China, and Pakistan.

China's invitation to Mirwaiz comes when relations between China and India are strained following Beijing's criticism of the Dalai Lama's visit to Tawang..

Moreover, the recent US-China statement on India-Pakistan relations prompted India to say that there was no third-party role in bilateral relations with Pakistan.

The latest I read in the news was, although Mirwaiz is allowed to visit any country he wishes, he won't be allowed to go out on a stapled visa that China has been offering the Kashmiris.

Mirwaiz free to visit China, but not on ?stapled? visa- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

So now it depends on China whether it offers a proper sticker visa if it wants Mirwaiz to visit China at the invitation of an 'NGO', or whether it just sticks with its stapled visa policy for Kashmiris.

The latest I read in the news was, although Mirwaiz is allowed to visit any country he wishes, he won't be allowed to go out on a stapled visa that China has been offering the Kashmiris.

Mirwaiz free to visit China, but not on ?stapled? visa- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

So now it depends on China whether it offers a proper sticker visa if it wants Mirwaiz to visit China at the invitation of an 'NGO', or whether it just sticks with its stapled visa policy for Kashmiris.

He can come to Pakistan and get a visa for China from Azad Kashmir.
:cheers:

History

The All Parties Hurriyat Conference(APHC) (formed March 10, 1993) is a political front formed as an alliance of 26 political, social and religious organizations in Kashmir. It was formed achieving the right of self-determination according to the UN resolution. At that time its members among others included:

* Yaseen Malik's Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF)
* Shabbir Shah's People's Democratic Front.
* Maulana Mohammad Abbas Ansari of Ittihadul Muslimeen.
* Shakeel Bakshi's Islamic Students League
* Muslim Conference led Abdul Ghani Bhat

Mirwaiz Omar Farooq then the Chairman of the J & K Awami Action Committee played an important role in forming the Conference.

Objectives

According to its constitution, the APHC was intended to be a union of political, social and religious parties of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The purpose of the organization are as follows:

- Wage a peaceful struggle to secure the right to self determination (limited and without the right to independence) of the people of Kashmir.

- Endeavour to find an alternative solution by involving all three parties to the dispute; viz. India, Pakistan and Kashmir, under UN auspices or a friendly country

- Endeavor to promote a society based on Islamic values keeping in mind the Muslim majority character of the state. While at the same time, safeguarding the rights and interests of non-Muslims.

All Parties Hurriyat Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

------

BTW, I don't understand why visa issue can put somebody in ecstasy... traveling via 3rd country, issuing travel document,... you name it. As long as there is a will, there is a way.

we are thinking of inviting Rubiya Alqadeer to a muslim NGO function.Dalai
wants to shift his base to Tawang

Great suggestion. :tup:
For that he has to get a Pakistani passport. I hope Pakistan Govt. do provide him a passport so that he can never return to India again. :yahoo:

Azad Kashmir has own passport for Kashmiris. So he doesnt need Pakistani passport

And oh BTW he is not living in India but his own country Kashmir which is occupied by India.

SO he will go back to own country not your bharat

Azad Kashmir has own passport for Kashmiris. So he doesnt need Pakistani passport

You mean Azad Kashmir is independent (Not an part of Pakistan). I am getting confused. Once you say Azad Kashmir if of Pakistan and on other hand you say it is not.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom